PART 1: ADJECTIVES (TÍNH TỪ)
1. ĐỨNG TRƯỚC DANH TỪ ĐỂ BỔ NGHĨA CHO DANH TỪ ĐÓ:
ARTICLE + __________ + NOUN ⇨ WORD CHOICE: ADJ
E.g: That _________ movie was the best thing I have ever seen. A. Interest B. Interests C. Interested D. interesting (adj – active meaning)
2. ĐỨNG SAU MỘT SỐ CẤU TRÚC ĐẶC BIỆT NHƯ:
MAKE + O + ADJ ⇨ He makes her happy
KEEP + O + ADJ ⇨ Keep it safe
FIND + O + ADJ ⇨ I find his story moving.
3. ĐỨNG SAU LIÊN ĐỘNG TỪ (linking verb)
Look/ sound/ taste/ smell/ appear/ grow/ remain/ stay/ turn / seem/ become/ prove
E.g: The number of students attending the ESL course remains unchanged. The leaves will turn yellow in the fall. That sounds good. You seem upset.
4. ĐỨNG SAU ĐẠI TỪ BẤT ĐỊNH
Somebody something somewhere everybody everything Everywhere nobody nothing nowhere anybody anything anywhere
E.g: There is something wrong with this person. Go somewhere quiet.
1. The US government remains _____ to provide further assistance to the earthquake victims as more detailed assessments of the damage are available.
A. Ready B. Readiness C. Readily D. Readier
2. If you experienced anything ____________ during your stay, you can get a 15% discount of the total price.
A. Pleasure B. Unpleased C.Unpleasant D.pleasant
3. It was a ____________ story.
A. heartbreaking B.heartbroken C. heartbreak D. Heartbroke