Full TOEIC Test 01
0 of 200 questions completed
200 Questions; Time Limit:120 mins
Hope you get good marks!!
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 200 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
- Listening 0%
- Reading 0%
PART 1 – PICTURE DESCRIPTION
QUESTIONS 1 – 10
PART 2 – QUESTIONS & RESPONSES
QUESTIONS 11 – 25
11. Mark your answerCorrectIncorrect
12. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
13. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
14. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
15. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
16. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
17. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
18. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
19. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
20. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
21. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
22. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
23. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
24. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
25. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
(File audio sau dùng cho các câu 26-40)
26. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
27. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
28. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
29. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
30. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
31. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
32. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
33. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
34. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
35. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
36. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
37. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
38. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
39. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
40. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
PART 3 – SHORT CONVERSATIONS
QUESTIONS 41 – 55
(File audio sau dùng cho các câu 41-55)
41. What does the man want to do?CorrectIncorrect
42. What does the man have to pay?CorrectIncorrect
43. What amount is the fee?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 44 – 46
44. What does the man want to do?CorrectIncorrect
45. What information does the man provide?CorrectIncorrect
46. What will the man probably do next?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 47 – 49
47. What has the man recently done?CorrectIncorrect
48. What is the man worried about?CorrectIncorrect
49. How often will the man meet with his mother?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 50 – 52
50. What does the city plan to do?CorrectIncorrect
51. Where did the man hear the news?CorrectIncorrect
52. When will the project start?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 53 – 55
53. What are the speakers discussing?CorrectIncorrect
54. What idea does the woman suggest?CorrectIncorrect
55. What will the man do?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 56 – 70
(Audio sau dùng cho câu 56-70)
56. What problem does the man mention?CorrectIncorrect
57. What will the man do on Monday?CorrectIncorrect
58. What will Susan most likely do next?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 59 – 61
59. What are the speakers discussing?CorrectIncorrect
60. What will happen at 7:00?CorrectIncorrect
61. What will the woman probably do next?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 62 – 64
62. Why is the woman there?CorrectIncorrect
63. What does the man offer to do?CorrectIncorrect
64. How long has the woman been looking for the Customer Service Department?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 65 – 67
65. What does the man want to discuss?CorrectIncorrect
66. What does the woman suggest?CorrectIncorrect
67. What will the woman do next?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 68 – 70
68. What are the speakers discussing?CorrectIncorrect
69. Where is Richard?CorrectIncorrect
70. What will the man most likely do next?CorrectIncorrect
PART 4 – SHORT TALKS
QUESTIONS 71 – 85
(File Audio sau dùng cho câu 71-85)
71. What does the speaker say about Highway 99?CorrectIncorrect
72. What suggestion does the speaker give?CorrectIncorrect
73. According to the speaker, what should drivers avoid doing?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 74 – 76
74. What has caused gasoline to rise in price?CorrectIncorrect
75. According to the speaker, what has increased?CorrectIncorrect
76. What does the speaker mention about the rate of unemployment?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 77 – 79
77. What is the man’s job?CorrectIncorrect
78. Where will the listeners go first?CorrectIncorrect
79. What does Calico Technologies produce?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 80 – 82
80. For whom is this talk intended?CorrectIncorrect
81. How long has the speaker worked in her profession?CorrectIncorrect
82. What does the speaker say to do when working in foreign countries?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 83 – 85
83. Where is Lennon’s located?CorrectIncorrect
84. What does the business specialize in?CorrectIncorrect
85. According to the advertisement, how can customers get more information?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 86 – 100
(File audio sau dùng cho câu 86-100)
86. Why is the speaker calling?CorrectIncorrect
87. What does the speaker say she will do?CorrectIncorrect
88. Where is the speaker now?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 89 – 91
89. Where is this announcement being made?CorrectIncorrect
90. What will Tony Torres do today?CorrectIncorrect
91. What can customers receive if they spend $50 or more?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 92 – 94
92. Who is Brian Johnson?CorrectIncorrect
93. What is the main feature of this product?CorrectIncorrect
94. For what buyer was this product mainly intended?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 95 – 97:
95. Where are the intended listeners?CorrectIncorrect
96. What problem does the man report?CorrectIncorrect
97. What does the captain request the passengers to do?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 98 – 100:
98. Who is mostly likely speaking?CorrectIncorrect
99. What is the main topic of the report?CorrectIncorrect
100. What suggestion does the man give regarding water usage?CorrectIncorrect
PART 5 – INCOMPLETE SENTENCES
QUESTIONS 101 – 140:
101. The assets of Marble Faun Publishing Company ——- last quarter when one of their main local distributors went out of business.CorrectIncorrect
102. lndie film director Luke Steele will be in London for the premiere of ——- new movie.CorrectIncorrect
103. Laboratory employees are expected to wear a name tag and carry identification at ——- times.CorrectIncorrect
104. The latest training ——- contains tips on teaching a second language to international students.CorrectIncorrect
105. Once you have your resume with references and ——-, please submit it to the Human Resources Department on the 3rd floor.CorrectIncorrect
106. Ursa Major Corp. has ——- negotiated a deal with a Russian competitor in surveying the Kamchatka Peninsula.CorrectIncorrect
107. Ms. Cho relayed her concerns about the company’s financial situation while she ——- a meeting with the manager.CorrectIncorrect
108. Whether it is ——- to register for a student discount card depends on the needs of the individual.CorrectIncorrect
109. Even experienced clerks are encouraged to attend training —— to keep them updated on new ideas in the world of banking.CorrectIncorrect
110. Workers are advised not to operate certain machines by ——-.CorrectIncorrect
111. The ——- of a discount department store was delayed by the protests of several members of the community.CorrectIncorrect
112. Ms. Maria Perreira is ——- responsible for some of our company’s most successful marketing campaigns.CorrectIncorrect
113. Mr. Singh requested ——- from several catering companies before making his decision.CorrectIncorrect
114. Our apartment building’s occupancy increased ——- the efforts of our knowledgeable and friendly rental agent, Ms. Gova.CorrectIncorrect
115. Those employees wishing to change departments ——- the company may send their inquiries to Mr. Alvarez.CorrectIncorrect
116. The New Economic Quarterly criticized the ——- of all new products produced by Yun Sung Industrial Co., Ltd.CorrectIncorrect
117. One of the ——- international research facilities in botany is located at the Hoskin Museum of Natural History.CorrectIncorrect
118. In order to ensure customer safety, the government has ——- a new set of guidelines for pharmaceutical companies.CorrectIncorrect
119. Welton Textiles Inc. made a net profit of $500 million, ——- it to fund its expansion across the continent.CorrectIncorrect
120. Our ——- production goals will be directed by a skilled team of qualified managers.CorrectIncorrect
121. Prattchet Co. has ——- turned to making most of its products from recycled materials.CorrectIncorrect
122. ——- our financial goals for this year may require cutting back on some overhead costs.CorrectIncorrect
123. Heidelberg Publishing Co. offers employees ——- performance bonuses to encourage success.CorrectIncorrect
124. An anniversary dinner was held ——- for high-ranking officials in the corporation.CorrectIncorrect
125. ——- contacting our Human Resources Department by phone, please include your contact information.CorrectIncorrect
126. Because of the added guests from our allied financial firm , a more ——meeting room had to be used than usual.CorrectIncorrect
127. Ms. Richards has been an exceptionally ——- member of the marketing team, providing Billingsgate Enterprises with great service for nine years.CorrectIncorrect
128. ——- his falling out with his former employer, Mr. Lee still meets with some of his old co-workers from time to time.CorrectIncorrect
129. The chief financial officer of Waterhouse Inc. is expressing ——- concerning his predecessor’s informative advice.CorrectIncorrect
130. Since opening last year, Savannah Safari Park quickly ——- one of the leading recreational spots in the region.CorrectIncorrect
131. Ms. Gamble, who ——- an influential literary critic in the 1980s, is now a contributing writer to the National Gazette newspaper.CorrectIncorrect
132. Remember to list fixed expenses ——from variable expenses.CorrectIncorrect
133. The loss of our foreign manufacturing plants may be a ——- outcome of the new plans being implemented.CorrectIncorrect
134. New government regulations concerning the chemicals in cleaning solutions mean that the solvents must be as ——- safe as possible.CorrectIncorrect
135. Ms. Stanhope always tries to ——- her colleagues on the budget.CorrectIncorrect
136. Rosalind Media Ltd. came up with the idea to hire artists to create —— artworks for the purpose of marketing.CorrectIncorrect
137. The CEO of Lawrence United Co. is still ——- about opening company branches in Mexico.CorrectIncorrect
138. The ——- of Mr. Alex Hartham was Jo initiate a merger with Culford International.CorrectIncorrect
139. The staff lounge is ——- the meeting room, across the hall from the computer lab.CorrectIncorrect
140. The manager ——- Mr. Kames a promotion because of his successful handling of the company’s accounting for the past two years.CorrectIncorrect
PART 6 – INCOMPLETE TEXTS
Questions 141-143 refer to the following letter.
Dear Mr. Smith,
Thank you for continuing to advertise your business through the Chicago Downtown Business Report. As we have done in the past, we will be publishing the latest edition of our report in September. For this reason, we ask that you provide us with the most recent information possible regarding your business. Please review the name and address below that we ——- have in your file. If necessary, please make any changes to the information below and return the ——- form to our office as soon as possible. ——- the information below is up to date, you do not need to return the form to us. We will publish the information that we already have on file if we do not receive any notice from you. Updating our report will allow you to better serve your clientele. We appreciate your assistance in maintaining an accurate report.
Questions 144-146 refer to the following memo.
To: All employees of Delfin Corporation
From: Daniel Mayer
Subject: Workshop next Friday
Please mark your calendars for next Friday’s workshop, entitled “Networking Tips.” Even though our company’s image is known worldwide, we still continue to depend on not only our reputation, but also the building of ——- networks. These networks are key in maintaining our existing image and promoting it even further. The presenter for this workshop will be Sarah Blandon, Executive Director and an expert in the area of networking. Ms. Blandon is well known for her book, Networking for the 21st Century. Her workshop ——- the topic of how networking is important in every ——- of a business, including telephone communication and the distribution of official materials. Practical information and tips applicable specifically to our corporation will be provided.
Please plan to attend this important session and bring a bag lunch.
Questions 147-149 refer to the following letter.
Ms. Sarah Flowers
122 W. Main St.
Berkeley, CA 91202
Dear Ms. Flowers
I would like to personally congratulate you on being chosen as honor student of the year at the University of California, Berkeley. Many highly qualified and talented students were in the pool of ——-, but only one student from each college was chosen. Each potential honor student underwent a rigorous judging process by our Board of Directors and school executives. Not only was the panel looking for high grade point averages; they were also looking at each student’s service and extracurricular activities. Recommendations from instructors were also a consideration.
This Friday, June 10 there will be an event honoring the recipients of this award at 6 PM in the Graduate Ballroom. If you are able to ——-, please RSVP by Wednesday, June 8. Once again, congratulations. I hope to see ——- on Friday.
Robert Blake, President
Questions 150-152 refer to the following article.
The Airline Professionals Conference ——- this weekend is eagerly anticipated by the aviation industry. The conference, to be held in New York, is themed ”The Future of “Aviation.” Predictions about transportation and tourism will be shared by experts on the industry. In his speech, Salvador Jimenez, the keynote speaker, will discuss ——- trends in aviation transportation to highlight the theme of the conference. Jimenez, with twenty years of experience in the aviation industry, is expected to draw a large audience.
This year’s conference will include over 200 individual workshops. The topics will include everything from aviation history to aviation technology of the future. Many of those attending should also be interested in the conference workshops, which were very well ——- last year. Thus, registering early is recommended, as the workshops are anticipated to be filled to capacity again. The conference will go from Friday morning through Sunday noon.
PART 7: READING COMPREHENSION
Questions 153-154 refer to the following notice.
The Lakeside Shakespeare Theater
Opening Play Saturday
Join by March 4th to receive a free bag
Come to see spectacular City Shakespeare Company’s
The Taming of the Shrew
Preview for members only: Thursday, March roth
Special benefits only for members: Show discounts, members-only nights, and monthly
2 free tickets to The Taming of the Shrew can be won in the membership lottery
Coming on July 15th and showing all summer: A iUidsummer Night’s Dream
153. When can members first see The Taming of the Shrew?CorrectIncorrect
154. What can be won in a membership lottery?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 155-156 refer to the following advertisement.
Dress to Impress
Having a costume party? Need a costume for a mascot? Halloween around the corner?
Masquerade has all of your party needs specializing in costume. We offer the largest selection of costumes in Sudbury.
We offer a wide range of costumes for any party occasion, including birthdays,
Halloween, long-term and short-term rentals, so you are sure of finding the costume you want available. We also have a fantastic range of Giant Garden Games. We have everything you need to get you to turn off your lV, get off that couch, and have some fun!
We offer a unique service in that we can deliver purchases to your door.
To place your order, call our business office at 0142-145-762 between the hours of 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. or order online at http://www.masquerade.com. Masquerade … So much more than just a costume shop.
155. What kind of company most likely placed the advertisement?CorrectIncorrect
156. What is the advantage of the advertised products, as stated in the advertisement?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 157-158 refer to the following invitation.
You are cordially invited to attend
An Opening Party at Mulligan’s
Patrick Mulligan would like to invite you to this special night.
Saturday, November 15th
23 Brown Street (across from Bright’s Cinema) 5 p.m. until1 a.m. with The Funky Leprechauns playing live at 10 and the Ray Gone Bad band on at 11:30
We hope to see you there and guarantee it will be an unforgettable moment in your life.
157. What is being celebrated?CorrectIncorrect
158. What is indicated about the event?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 159-161 refer to the following letter.
Rink Rats Speed Skating Club
7663 Current Blvd.
Ms. Jackie Briscoe
5 Driver Ave.. Whistling Heights
Dear Ms. Briscoe.
Thank you for your letter of November 16 about you and your family’s visit to our rink. We are sorry to say we could not find your daughter’s skates. We know that those skates are not cheap. Unfortunately, we have a policy that states we are not responsible for lost or stolen articles during your visit to our club. You can find this in the fine print in our club contract, and located throughout the rink, including the changing and snack areas. If you would like to stop by and check the contract you signed. we are more than willing to Jet you take a look.
Nevertheless, we know you and your family have been faithful members of our club for over 10 years, and we hope that this incident will not ruin our long – standing relationship. To try and smooth over this, we would like to offer you free skate sharpening for a year foryour whole family and a coupon for a family fun meal. The family fun meal includes 4 jerryjumbo chili dogs, cheesy fries, king nachos and 4 soft drinks. We have included the coupon for the meal in the envelope. To get your skates sharpened, just drop by the pro-shop and mention your name.
159. What is the main purpose of the letter?CorrectIncorrect
160. What problem did Ms. Briscoe have?CorrectIncorrect
161. What was sent with the letter?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 162-164 refer to the following e-mail.
To: Marisol Perez <[email protected]> From: Manuel Cortez <[email protected]> Date: May 7 Subject: New Website Training Seminar
Hello from Houston!!! First I would like to congratulate you on your recent success with your promotion to the head of the Website Design team. I am very excited to have you come and visit our office here in Houston.
I was hoping to confirm your stay here from May 20 to 27. During your time here I am hoping that you would attend our training seminar for our brand new website, which is directed towards increasing our customer base. This seminar, given by Barry Swarez, will be directed towards training the employees on how to process the orders quickly and efficiently while following proper procedure. In addition, we will have our customer service employees present so they can understand the procedures for accepting and reacting to customer comments. We hope you will observe this seminar closely as we hope to hold a similar one at your branch when you return.
We will hold this seminar on the 23rd. We would be very pleased if you would join us. It will be followed by a wine and cheese mixer, which will give you a chance to meet and greet with our staff here in Houston.
162. What is the purpose of the e-mail?CorrectIncorrect
163. When will Ms. Perez probably arrive in Houston?CorrectIncorrect
164. What will Mr. Swarez NOT discuss?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 165-167 refer to the following memo.
All Employee Bulletin
To: Pool Staff From: Ronald Bond Date: June 15 Re: Staff conduct
This is a reminder of staff conduct at our pool. It is essential that you remember this when dealing with customers and while working at our facility. We want you to remain respectful, diligent, and courteous. So we want to remind you of the following:
1. When on duty it is important to watch your safety area closely.
2. When a patron comes to you with a problem you should listen and react with respect.
3. The timely change of guard duty is also a must, as tardiness can result in some areas left unguarded.
4. Cleaning shifts for the change rooms are marked and must be obeyed.
This will ensure that our pool patrons will have a safe and enjoyable visit to our pool, and we remain the number one pool in the Winnipeg area. Thanks and I will see you on deck.
165. What is the purpose of the memo?CorrectIncorrect
166. According to the memo, what should employees do?CorrectIncorrect
167. According to the memo, which of the following is NOT true?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 168-171 refer to the following review.
Old Pub Lets Down
I have lived in Philadelphia for most of my life and I have visited and reviewed every bar in this fair city, but last night I had the opportunity to visit Paddy’s Pub and I can say without a doubt it is the worst pub in the city. I was greeted by a surly service staff, who when I asked for a glass of wine offered me a whiskey and asked me if I could give more tips. The atmosphere was very gloomy as the patrons were of a very seedy variety. I felt like I was being watched the whole time I was in there.
When I decided to order some food the menu had very few choices, and when I ordered I was told that over half of the items were sold out.
When I finally got my meatloaf it was somehow dry and uncooked in parts. It was served with an open bag of plain potato chips, a cookie and a bottle of ketchup.
The dessert menu was just as disappointing as it consisted of pretzels and peanuts, whichwere complimentary at the bar.
The last straw was the bathroom. It was poorly lit and looked as if it had been cleaned sometime after the Civil War. Although this bar has a long history in Philadelphia Ithink it should be closed and replaced with a Starbucks immediately.
168. What is Jerald’s job?CorrectIncorrect
169. What is indicated about Paddy’s Pub?CorrectIncorrect
170. What is NOT included with the meat-loaf?CorrectIncorrect
171. In the article, the word “seedy” in paragraph 1, line 6 is closest in meaning toCorrectIncorrect
Questions 172-175 refer to the following article.
The Southport mayor’s office released figures today that indicate a rise in rental prices for residential flats. Occupancy rates across the city went up 0.5 percent, which in turn led to rents increasing 4.2 percent to an average of $854 per month.
Southport-based real estate firm, Arrow, agrees that these numbers are correct, although it says there could be variations in the increase depending on location. Construction of new flats is increasing in Southport’s Marina area, so far a critical business district but now fast becoming a fashionable residential area. Developers are aspiring to capitalize on rising rental prices that average $1,432 per month or $578 above the regional average.
A new construction project is expected to add at least 500 flats to the Marina. The surge of people wanting to live in this area has sparked new interest from developers looking to bring more services to the area recently occupied by affluent young professionals.
The rental rates change significantly among traditional residential areas in Southport. Palm Trees and Valley Hills showed the highest rental rates because they are geographically close to the Marina area. However, Northport shows a different story, varying a lot from the areas and the figures also differ a lot from those included in the survey from Southport. The area saw a decrease of $766 in the average rental, down
1.3 percent from last year. It is hopeful that when a proposal to improve public transport in this area is approved, the rental prices in this area will also rise.
172. What is the main purpose of this article?CorrectIncorrect
173. According to the article, why are developers interested in the Marina area?CorrectIncorrect
174. In which area have the rental fees NOT increased?CorrectIncorrect
175. What advantage do Palm Trees and Valley Hills have?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 176-180 refer to the following letter.
Leila Yin’s Events
199 Castle Drive
Oakville, TX 15949
I am writing to tell you I was really angry about the total amount I received for photography services on December 13. On that day, your assistant, Bill Bailey attended my wedding to take pictures of the wedding and reception. Mr. Bailey spent only two hours taking pictures and the photos I received were well below par. I offered Mr. Bailey beverages at the wedding and reception; however, he seemed to take full advantage of these to the detriment of his work. He decided to leave well before the assigned time. When I asked Mr. Bailey where he was going, he stated that he had used up his film. He did not appear to be very lucid at this time.
I received the bill on December 23 and it was $200 including three hours of service at $50 per hour and $50 for miscellaneous costs including travel and set-up. I believe it is completely outrageous to be charged for three hours of service when he spent only two hours at my wedding. I also object to the miscellaneous section as being too high. I assumed it was supposed to be part of your service. This whole situation really got on my nerves. However, I will pay this because you have provided me with excellent service several times in the past. It was fortunate that I have managed to get good photos of the event from my guests who took pictures of the event, as Mr. Bailey’s photos were mostly very disappointing.
I attached a check for $150 to this letter. If you would like to ask anything further about what happened at the wedding and to discuss this matter, you can call me at 143- 8889 or send an e-mail to [email protected]
176. Why was the letter written?CorrectIncorrect
177. On what date did Mr. Bailey take photographs?CorrectIncorrect
178. What is stated about the event?CorrectIncorrect
179. Why did Mr. Bailey say that he was leaving?CorrectIncorrect
180. According to the letter, what is true about Ms. Gold?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 181-185 refer to the following e-mails.
To: Grant Jones <[email protected]> From: Your Order <[email protected]> Date: Dec 13 Subject: Order Summary, Order No. 667
Dear Mr. Jones,
I’d like to express my gratitude for your order with Cotton Fresh Organic Cotton Company. We have received your orders for the following items.
Order# Description Count 8404 T-shirts size S 100 8405 T -shirts size M 300 8406 T-shirts size L 200 8407 T-shirts size XL 100
Your orders will be shipped within five to seven business days to the business address you gave. We will charge your credit card upon shipment of your order. It you have any questions, please contact us by telephone or e-mail. Please note that orders cannot be canceled or adjusted after they have been shipped.
To: Your Order <[email protected]> From: Grant Jones <[email protected]> Date: Dec 14 Subject: Re: Order Summary, Order No. 667
This is in reference to order No. 667. The order is right, but I would like to make a few changes to my order before you ship. I placed an order tor 100 of item #8407 but I would like to increase the order to 150.
Also, when I placed my order online I was told that the XS size T-shirts were not available. Could you let me know when you are expecting to get more in stock? It they are available before my order ships, I would like to add 100 to my order.
181. What is the purpose of the first e-mail?CorrectIncorrect
182. What policy is mentioned in the first e-mail?CorrectIncorrect
183. In the second e-mail, the word “reference” in paragraph 1, line 1, email 2 is closest in meaning toCorrectIncorrect
184. Which size does Mr. Jones want more of?CorrectIncorrect
185. What is implied about Mr. Jones?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 186-190 refer to the following memo and e-mail.
To: Customer Service Team From: Jane Breen Date: Jan 1 Re: Customer Services
As you know, One call has increased its network dramatically over the past year. It was part of our vigorous efforts to efficiently deal with the large volume of customer service e-mails and telephone calls. And we came to a conclusion that each member of the customer service team needs to be assigned to one area of customer service to focus on.
Below is the new system for customer service e-mails and calls. Each team member will be responsible for a different type of enquiry. Each month you will rotate so each team member can continue to be aware of all fields.
Adrian Gavin Contract renewal and cancellations James King Lost and stolen phones Mel Brown Network problems and complaints Sarah Cooper Service plan changes
We hope this will increase the efficiency and allow us to continue the quality of work which we pride ourselves on.
To: Jane Breen <[email protected]> From: Anna Benn <[email protected]> Date: Jan 24 Subject: Subscription
I will be out of the country for the month of February and will be traveling a lot over the course of the year. I would like to change my service plan to the best international rate. I looked on the website and I think the GoGo plan seems to fit my needs the best. I know you usually require one month’s notice, but will you please make an exception in this case and change my plan before February 1st? I will be leaving on February 3rd and would like to have things tied up before this.
I apologize for the short notice but this is a business trip that came up unexpectedly. I have been a customer with you for 1 0 years now and have always been very happy with your service, and I hope you can accommodate this request. If it is not possible I would like to put my service on hold until I return on February 27th and change the plan following this.
Please contact me by my e-mail or call me at 800-887-0990.
186. What is “One Call”?CorrectIncorrect
187. In the memo 1, what does the last word in the second paragraph “field” mean?CorrectIncorrect
188. What is indicated about One Call?CorrectIncorrect
189. Who will deal with Ms. Benn’s request?CorrectIncorrect
190. When does Ms. Benn need the change made by?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 191-195 refer to the following web contact form and e-mail.
Cornett Heating Solutions
Cornett Heating Solutions welcomes your comments, suggestions, and questions.
Fill in the form below.
(We require your name, e-mail address, and telephone number so that we may respond promptly to your message.)
Name: Simon Knight Telephone: 399-675-1244 E-mail: [email protected] nob.com Town: Kobb
I bought a boiler(model number AX13345) from your Grange Tree store last month. I was very happy with the delivery and installment, and the machine worked well. But after 2 weeks the pilot light kept turning off and sometimes doesn’t reset for a couple of hours. Please let me know how I can rectify this problem. I purchased the boiler only one month ago, so I would rather not have to pay the repair service bill.
To: Simon Knight <[email protected]> From: Customer Service <[email protected]> Date: April 14 Re: Customer comment 559 on April 13
We sincerely apologize for the problem you have reported on your boiler. Although we try our utmost efforts to ensure that each appliance is thoroughly tested and in tip-top shape, some units with minor defects go unnoticed and make it to the local stores.
Your appliance is covered with a standard two-year warranty; so our service team will address the problem at no extra cost to you. The service team’s appointment schedule is open from May 21st. Please contact them for making an appointment at 777 6564 9980.
Before you call our service team, we recommend you also check with your gas service provider too.
Unfortunately, we have learned that some of our boilers have been experiencing problems. There are four models which have been reported and the warranties of these models have been extended for a further 2 years pending investigation.
The models are:
AX24556 AX90888 AX13345 AX67656
Customer Service Representative
191. On the web page contact form, what information is optional?CorrectIncorrect
192. What does the e-mail mainly discuss?CorrectIncorrect
193. How long is the customer’s boiler under warranty?CorrectIncorrect
194. When did Mr. Knight write his problem in the web page form?CorrectIncorrect
195. What is the next step for Mr. Knight in fixing his boiler?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 196-200 refer to the following e-mail and announcement.
To: Cody Brown <[email protected]> From: Sarah Cook <[email protected]> Date: May 13 Subject: FIN conference
Dear Mr. Brown,
It was a great pleasure to meet you in Hong Kong, although I’m sorry we couldn’t afford the time ·to talk about your plans for the overhaul of the Finance Department. I totally understand your concerns about employing too many managers. When we expanded our department, we found that increasing the number of management and adding another level to the department decreased, not increased, the communication. If you’re interested, I would be more than happy to discuss some of the problems and solutions we found.
Before that, I hope you can attend the finance conference in July as some seminars address these issues. Drake Century is running a seminar on managing finance department expansion. This is a new addition to the schedule (see attachment).
I look forward to seeing you soon, and I hope that you do come to the conference.
7th Annual Conference for Finance Managers
FIN – Finance in Numbers
Houston, July 10 to 13
The following workshops have been added to the program. There may be further changes in the schedule. A complete, revised list of conference events will be sent to all reg1stered attendees by the end of June.
Date and Time Workshop Title Speaker July 10
Re-hauling the Department: Expanding without losing the personal touch Drake Century from Macalee July 11
Managing People and Numbers Brim Matthes from Finance First July 12
Adriana Free from KYJ July 13
Saving Money Without Cutting Costs Hoffman Kerry from SOT
196. Why is Ms. Cook writing to Mr. Brown?CorrectIncorrect
197. According to the e-mail, what problem is Mr. Brown experiencing?CorrectIncorrect
198. What is true about the workshops listed in the announcement?CorrectIncorrect
199. What day’s workshop will probably be most helpful to Mr. Brown?CorrectIncorrect
200. Which of the following is true?CorrectIncorrect