Full TOEIC Test 02
0 of 200 questions completed
200 Questions; Time Limit:120 mins
Hope you get good marks!!
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 200 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
- Listening 0%
- Reading 0%
PART 1 – PICTURE DESCRIPTION
QUESTIONS 1 – 10
PART 2 – QUESTIONS & RESPONSES
QUESTIONS 11 – 25
11. Mark your answerCorrectIncorrect
12. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
13. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
14. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
15. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
16. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
17. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
18. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
19. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
20. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
21. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
22. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
23. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
24. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
25. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
(File audio sau dùng cho các câu 26-40)
26. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
27. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
28. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
29. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
30. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
31. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
32. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
33. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
34. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
35. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
36. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
37. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
38. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
39. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
40. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
PART 3 – SHORT CONVERSATIONS
QUESTIONS 41 – 55
(File audio sau dùng cho các câu 41-55)
41. Where did Julie stay in Miami?CorrectIncorrect
42. When did Matt visit Miami?CorrectIncorrect
43. What did Julie mainly do during her vacation?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 44 – 46
44. Who is Mr. Kohler talking to?CorrectIncorrect
45. Why did the woman call Mr. Kohler?CorrectIncorrect
46. When does Mr. Kohler say he will call the woman back?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 47 – 49
47. Where most likely are the speakers?CorrectIncorrect
48. Why was the woman concerned?CorrectIncorrect
49. What will the man probably do next?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 50 – 52
50. When is Jenny leaving on her trip?CorrectIncorrect
51. What activity is Jenny looking forward to?CorrectIncorrect
52. What does the man say about Chiang Mai?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 53 – 55
53. Who is the man shopping for?CorrectIncorrect
54. When does the store close?CorrectIncorrect
55. What does the customer ask the salesperson to do?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 56 – 70
(Audio sau dùng cho câu 56-70)
56. Where does this conversation take place?CorrectIncorrect
57. How did the man get to work?CorrectIncorrect
58. When is the meeting scheduled to begin?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 59 – 61
59. What are the speakers talking about?CorrectIncorrect
60. What will happen at 8:00?CorrectIncorrect
61. What will the woman do next?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 62 – 64
62. What does the woman want?CorrectIncorrect
63. What is the man going to do next?CorrectIncorrect
64. How long has the woman been waiting?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 65 – 67
65. Who is the woman?CorrectIncorrect
66. Why has development been delayed?CorrectIncorrect
67. What does the woman expect to happen in March?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 68 – 70
68. Where is the woman probably working?CorrectIncorrect
69. What does the man want to do with his purchase?CorrectIncorrect
70. Why is the man unable to use his credit card?CorrectIncorrect
PART 4 – SHORT TALKS
QUESTIONS 71 – 85
(File Audio sau dùng cho câu 71-85)
71. What is the purpose of the announcement?CorrectIncorrect
72. Where is the announcement probably being made?CorrectIncorrect
73. When will the event begin?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 74 – 76
74. Who most likely is the speaker?CorrectIncorrect
75. What is special about the building?CorrectIncorrect
76. Why did the people all move away?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 77 – 79
77. What kind of tour is this?CorrectIncorrect
78. Where will there be a guest speaker?CorrectIncorrect
79. What will be served at Sea World?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 80 – 82
80. Who is the speaker talking to?CorrectIncorrect
81. How long has the speaker worked in his field?CorrectIncorrect
82. What does the speaker advise others to do when working in new countries?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 83 – 85
83. What kind of business is Lee’s Baked Goods?CorrectIncorrect
84. Why is Ms. Dickson calling?CorrectIncorrect
85. When will the requested change probably begin?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 86 – 100
(File audio sau dùng cho câu 86-100)
86. Where is this announcement most likely being given?CorrectIncorrect
87. How long did the construction take?CorrectIncorrect
88. What has been added to the facility?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 89 – 91
89. What does the survey indicate?CorrectIncorrect
90. What is true about software programmers?CorrectIncorrect
91. According to the report, what have new companies increased?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 92 – 94
92. What is being announced?CorrectIncorrect
93. What will the employees receive?CorrectIncorrect
94. What is in the list the employees got?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 95 – 97:
95. Who is the announcement intended for?CorrectIncorrect
96. What has been changed?CorrectIncorrect
97. What does the speaker advise the listeners to do?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 98 – 100:
98. Who is this advertisement for?CorrectIncorrect
99. What is being advertised?CorrectIncorrect
100. How can listeners get more information?CorrectIncorrect
PART 5 – INCOMPLETE SENTENCES
QUESTIONS 101 – 140:
101. Mr. Kurt Spienza appears to be the only person in our team who can finish the survey by ——-.CorrectIncorrect
102. All the storage rooms are scheduled to undergo renovations and ——- closed for several days next week.CorrectIncorrect
103. Many science majors enter graduate school ——- after completing a bachelor of science degree.CorrectIncorrect
104. Many companies interviewed plan to —— more personnel, while 20 percent expect to reduce their payrolls.CorrectIncorrect
105. It seems that laborers in underdeveloped countries could rather have their children help ——- at work than enroll them in school.CorrectIncorrect
106. A new approach to information asset protection will be covered in the forthcoming March ——- of the magazine.CorrectIncorrect
107. Customers who purchase more than 500 dollars worth of items can request an HDTV cable box at no ——- charge.CorrectIncorrect
108. ——- remain complicated economic problems to be resolved, while the economic conditions have been good.CorrectIncorrect
109. Mr. Garry Noxon in accounting was ——warned about having too many numerical errors in the budget report.CorrectIncorrect
110. Employers ——- in obtaining information concerning grants for technician certification may contact us at the e-mail address below.CorrectIncorrect
111. According to many ——- of the industry, the majority of small-sized firms are hoping to enter into lucrative businesses.CorrectIncorrect
112. During the one-week promotional period, we offer all the visitors and customers 1 0 dollars worth of kitchen appliances ——free of chargeCorrectIncorrect
113. The first step in preparing a fairly —— presentation is to do your research thoroughly on your topic.CorrectIncorrect
114. ——- understaffed and under tight budget, 911 centers are struggling to adequately provide emergency assistance to the citizens.CorrectIncorrect
115. Applicants tor the managerial position ——to possess high levels of motivation along with basic computer skills.CorrectIncorrect
116. The applications submitted will be accepted ——- accompanied by photo identification.CorrectIncorrect
117. It is likely that ——- of the annual conference will reach an all-time high this year, with more than 1 ,000 people planning to attend.CorrectIncorrect
118. Despite ——- efforts and partial success for the last few years, the unemployment rate is still on the rise.CorrectIncorrect
119. A detailed quotation on the ongoing ——will be provided for free any time upon requestCorrectIncorrect
120. Attempts to ——- congestion during peak hours are being made, but seem to prove unfruitful at the moment.CorrectIncorrect
121. All the important files were organized first by color and ——- alphabetized by title and name.CorrectIncorrect
122. Pedestrians and motorists are advised to obey the traffic signs posted —— Biackroad.CorrectIncorrect
123. The customer service department is responsible for fulfilling ——- from the public and has to forward them to the chief financial officer.CorrectIncorrect
124. Editors are extremely busy proofreading, editing and compiling materials ——- to publication date.CorrectIncorrect
125. Customers have the right to ——- the order within 5 business days from the delivery of the product without providing reasons for the cancellation.CorrectIncorrect
126. As health care becomes ——- than it was a decade ago, companies are forced to spend more on benefits.CorrectIncorrect
127. The report on existing home sales showed an unexpected ——- in sales last year, but the number of unsold homes has increased.CorrectIncorrect
128. Many researchers are doing research on how to reduce the time it takes ——- and forget an accidentCorrectIncorrect
129. Accommodation costs and living ——- will vary, depending on individual requirements and work locationsCorrectIncorrect
130. Speakers should be prepared ——- their findings to the audience and be able to answer questions regarding them.CorrectIncorrect
131. As real estate prices have ——dramatically in recent years, buyers have cancelled new-home contracts.CorrectIncorrect
132. For years, domestically produced movies have been gaining ——- among people of all ages.CorrectIncorrect
133. They are required to inform the human resources department when resigning due —– a disagreement over company policy.CorrectIncorrect
134. No matter how drastically you revise your book, you must include photos of an artwork that you want to —— from the previous edition.CorrectIncorrect
135. Employees will be given bonuses and incentives ——- depending on their performance achievements, not based on their relationship with supervisors.CorrectIncorrect
136. The internal audit is going to identify operational and financial risks our company is ——- at the moment.CorrectIncorrect
137. ——- inclement weather conditions, employees must arrive at the beginning of their work shift.CorrectIncorrect
138. Refreshments are arranged in the lobby ——- meals will be served shortly thereafter.CorrectIncorrect
139. Donations ——- for the purchase of necessities will help provide a brighter holiday season to people in need.CorrectIncorrect
140. All the accountants are required to compile a report which ——- annual corporate spendingCorrectIncorrect
PART 6 – INCOMPLETE TEXTS
Questions 141-143 refer to the following letter.
——- the economy beginning to slow down, the hourly wage for workers has declined a little.
The drop is notable since productivity – the amount that an average worker produces in an hour and the basic source of a nation’s living standards- has risen steadily over the same period.
As a result, wages and salaries now make up the lowest proportion of the nation’s gross domestic product, while corporate earnings have climbed to their highest level since the 1990s.
Over the past few years, stagnating wages were somewhat —– by the rising value of benefits
such as health insurance, which caused overall compensation for workers to continue increasing.
Since last year, however, the value of a worker’s benefits has also failed ——- pace with inflation, according to government data..
Moreover, polls show that rising house and stock values have lifted the net worth of many families over the last few years, and interest rates remain fairly low.
Questions 144-146 refer to the following letter.
To whom it may concern,
I am writing to inquire about the openings in the help-wanted advertisement that you placed in the
China Times for a marketing department manager at West China Supermarkets. I have attached my resume and cover letter ——- you to review.
I recently graduated from Shanghai University, with a degree in marketing. In addition to my solid academic record, I spent the last 3 years working as a marketing consultant and I am ready to draw on my experience to use in a management position.
I’ve been involved in retail food sales since I was a child. I ——- work at my parents’ fruit stand, where I first became familiar with the food industry.
As China’s economy has opened and expanded, I have become convinced that the retail food industry has significant potential for development and modernization. I hope that my working experience and education can be of —— to West China Supermarkets.
I look forward to meeting with you to discuss how I can contribute to your organization’s success in this expanding market.
Questions 147-149 refer to the following announcement.
Beginning at 10 a.m. on Monday, October 8, 2007 the Walnut County Road Committee will ——- a
ane closure on Witt Road, from Ellido Street to Jean Paul Avenue, for utility installation.
There could be significant delays. Therefore, motorists are advised to seek an alternate route.
It is anticipated that this project ——- and all lanes will be reopened to traffic by approximately 5 a.m.
on Friday, October 12, 2007. However, please note that all dates are tentative and ——- to change.
To maintain the safety of road crews, please reduce speed and drive cautiously when you pass through the work zone. The Road Committee thanks you in advance for your patience.
If you have any questions concerning this project, please contact Nick Estrin, Project Engineer at 555-802-2547 or via email at [email protected].
Questions 150-152 refer to the following announcement.
As the largest and fastest ——- community development group, we invite qualified professionals
for our urban ——- project. Your mandate is to set the overall strategic direction for housing.
development, including sales and marketing. The ideal candidate must have a passion to deliver results in a dynamic market environment.
You must have at least 5 years of relevant industry experience. You will be able to demonstrate an excellent record of successful implementation and sustainable growth.
This leadership position is expected to attract candidates of the highest ——-. Successful
candidates will live in Indonesia and enjoy a highly competitive remuneration package, including traveling allowances.
To apply for the position, please submit your resume along with a cover letter by November 17, 2007 to [email protected].
Directions: In this part, you will read a selection of texts, such as magazine and newspaper articles, letters, and advertisements. Each text is followed by several questions. Select the best answer for each question and mark the letter (A), (8), (C), or (D) on your answer sheet.
Questions 153-154 refer to the following email.
From: Hazel Irwin
To: Lindsey Monotail
Subject: Speech Request
Date: May 23
As you know, Robert Hulking will be awarded the CSG Excellence in Sales Prize at a special ceremony at the Persian Hotel this Saturday. Mr. Hulking recently informed me that you were his supervisor when he first came to CSG five years ago, and that you and your business advice have greatly contributed to his recent success. To honor both your work as Senior
Sales Supervisor and Mr. Hulking’s recent achievement, I would like to ask you to present the award this Saturday. As part of the presentation ceremony, you will be asked to give a brief speech about Mr. Hulking. It would be a good idea to include some personal anecdotes as well as professional stories to help highlight Mr. Hulking’s character.
Please contact Sara Benhunt, my secretary, before 2 p.m. today and let her know if you can attend the event. Her extension is 3125. I hope you will join us.
Director of Public Relations
153. Who is Robert Hulking?CorrectIncorrect
154. What should Ms. Monotail do before 2 p.m.?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 155-156 refer to the following advertisement.
Do you enjoy working outdoors? Do you thrive in a physically demanding work environment? Then Gateway Contractors has the perfect job for you!
We’re looking for young, energetic individuals to work on Gateway’s latest onstruction project: the Maplewood Gymnasium. Successful candidates will be responsible for unloading supply trucks and distributing supplies to various key points around the site. No previous construction experience is necessary, but applicants must be able to work well with other people.
Applications are available at http://www.gatewaycontractors.com. To schedule an interview, contact Bruno Morton, the Construction Site Supervisor, at 245-698-7895.
Please, no calls after 9 p.m.
155. What kind of job is being advertised?CorrectIncorrect
156. Why might the applicants contact Mr. Morton?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 157-158 refer to the following invitation.
Deloit Industries to Open Another Factory
Deloit Industries, a leading producer of construction equipment, plans to open another factory in
2007. The new factory will be built in Rayong, Thailand, where a number of other large-scale manufacturing companies are located.
The company’s decision was criticized by many local officials, who claim that Deloit Industries plans to exploit local laborers. In the last decade, many companies have migrated to Thailand because the country’s average wages are significantly less than those in North America and Europe. By operating in Thailand, companies are able to decrease their annual expenditures and increase profitability.
Unfortunately, these profits do not always benefit the local communities. According to a company spokesman, however, Deloit Industries will implement a couple of strategies that will benefit the local laborers and their families. Among these “positive plans” are providing health insurance for employees and their families, and giving academic scholarships to employees’ children.
The company has implemented similar strategies for employees working at its mines in South Africa, processing plants in the Philippines, and packaging facilities in Brazil. In each place, the company bas attempted to hire local workers and integrate itself into the local community. In July, the company hosted a charity event in Buenos Aires, Argentina, to raise money for local schools.
157. According to the article, why has Deloit Industries’ decision been criticized?CorrectIncorrect
158. What does Deloit Industries plan to do at the facility in Rayong?CorrectIncorrect
159. What is NOT mentioned as another one of Deloit Industries’ businesses?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 160-162 refer to the following advertisement.
Rollins University is looking for an energetic, personable individual to teach a marketing class for students in the honors program during the fall semester. The class, Advanced International Marketing 402, will be held on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4-6 p.m. This is a part-time position. Rollins University is one of the top business schools in the world, and has campuses in Los Angeles, Paris, Tokyo, and Geneva. This position will be at the university’s campus in Tokyo, Japan, so the successful applicant will be expected to relocate if necessary. The successful candidate will have some teaching experience (at least 1-2 years in an academic setting) and have worked extensively in the marketing industry. Additionally, individuals without a PhD need not apply. The incumbent will be required to work during regular class hours, and spend two to three hours preparing for each class. A private office will be provided. Since this is a short-term contract, compensation is negotiable and will be determined based on the candidate’s work experience and professional history. For more information, or to request an application, contact James Stewart at 1-541-265-6987.
160. What does the advertisement suggest about the course mentioned?CorrectIncorrect
161. Where will the successful candidate work?CorrectIncorrect
162. What is NOT a requirement of the position?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 163-166 refer to the following article.
TR Exhibition to be held
Tyler Remington, President of Tyler Remington Inc., announced that the company would be hosting its fifth annual TR Programming Exhibition in July. The event is held every year to give professional computer programmers a chance to test new software developed by TR Inc. The event is also a means for the company to consult with some of the world’s most talented programmers about technology trends.
The event attracts programmers from around the world, and most of the individuals who attend are self-employed, or own their own web design and consulting company. Since the exhibition began five years ago, it has become known as the single most important programming event of the year. In the past, it has been hosted in Seattle, Sydney, Berlin, and Moscow. This year’s event is scheduled to take place in Hyderabad, India, as it is rapidly becoming the technology capital of the world.
To register, simply fill out the online form which can be downloaded from the company’s website at http://www.trindustries.com. Or, you can request a paper application by calling 1-800-265-8795. A registration fee of $195 must also be paid by June 25 with the application. Only credit card payments are accepted.
163. What is the reason for having the exhibition?CorrectIncorrect
164. Who will most likely attend the exhibition?CorrectIncorrect
165. Why will the exhibition be held in Hyderabad?CorrectIncorrect
166. What is NOT a way to be eligible for the event?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 167-168 refer to the following advertisement.
Waldorf Books is excited to announce it will be offering a new print-on-demand publishing service. The company has created a database of all the major and minor book titles in the world and developed a program that can access electronic versions of these books. If a customer is unable to find a book in paperback or hardcover in the store, he can go to the Print-On-Demand kiosk and with the push of a button print a copy of the book without ever leaving the store! This new technology has a couple of advantages: customers can choose from a more extensive selection of books, and the final product is cheaper. The service is especially useful for individuals who are most interested in less popular titles by relatively unknown authors. The print-on-demand service will be available at all Waldorf Books stores starting this September.
167. What service will Waldorf Books offer?CorrectIncorrect
168. According to the advertisement, who will benefit the most from the service?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 169-171 refer to the following letter.
32 Turtle Rd.
Wilmont, WI 20548
Dear Mrs. Malloy,
We recently discovered that your subscription to Gourmet Chef Monthly will expire in September and you .have not decided to renew it. To encourage you to reconsider your decision, we’d like to offer you a special, one-time-only offer: if you choose to renew your subscription, we will give you a fifty percent discount on each monthly issue from October to March. According to our database, you were paying $6 per issue; with this discount you would only have to pay $3.00. This offer is only valid if you apply to renew your subscription before September 15th. We’re offering to cut the cost of your subscription in half. Can you really ask for a better deal?
To accept our offer, please call us at 1-800-254-9864. Our office is open Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Don’t miss out on this wonderful opportunity; call one of our helpful customer service agents today. We look fonvard to your business.
Sales Director, Gourmet Chef Monthly
169. Why did Ross Cather write the letter?CorrectIncorrect
170. When will Mrs. Malloy’s existing subscription expire?CorrectIncorrect
171. How much is Mrs. Malloy paying per month now?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 172-175 refer to the following article.
This month, Rockford Sports has experienced an unexpected increase in the sale of running shoes. Executives feel that this was due in large part to the new ad campaign released in February. The campaign was orchestrated by Albert Sterling, the Director of Advertising. Mr. Sterling has dedicated twenty years of his life to Rockford Sports; he started as a shoes salesman and has been steadily working his way up the corporate ladder ever since. He has held his current position for the last five years. Unfortunately, Mr. Sterling will be retiring in March so the Hiring Committee has spent the past year trying to find a suitable replacement. Just last week, a candidate was chosen for the position: Roy Portsmouth. For the past ten years, Mr. Portsmouth has been the Executive Advertising Assistant at Famous Feet’s corporate headquarters in Milan. Mr. Portsmouth is respected for his keen marketing sense and strategic planning skills. In particular, he is famous for introducing ad campaigns that helped increase Famous Feet’s international brand power, and boosted its total retail profits by 25 percent. Clearly, Mr. Portsmouth will be a powerful addition to our company, and we hope all employees make him feel welcome.
172. Where might this announcement be found?CorrectIncorrect
173. Who is Mr. Sterling?CorrectIncorrect
174. What is TRUE about Mr. Sterling?CorrectIncorrect
175. According to the announcement, what action is Mr. Portsmouth known for?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 176-180 refer to the following interview.
Jerry Walker has been the head coach for the Chicago Islanders for the last eight years. On August 23, 2007, Mr. Walker will be inducted into the prestigious Basketball Hall of Fame. Mr. Walker agreed to sit down with Sports World to discuss his remarkable career.
Interviewer: So, what does it take to be a professional coach?
Mr. Walker: Actually, a lot of people ask me that, and I always tell them the same thing: work, work, and more work. People are always surprised by my answer.
Interviewer: Most people probably think that your job is pretty easy, am I right?
Mr. Walker: They see me on TV and get the impression that my life is glamorous. The reality of being a professional coach, however, is that you have to be able to multi-task and perform under pressure. I’m like a business manager and athletic trainer, all in one package. I develop training programs for my athletes, investigate other teams’ training habits, hire staff, fire staff, schedule practice sessions, consult with injured players, and negotiate contracts with new players.
Interviewer: That does sound like a lot of work for one man. What does your wife think of your career?
Mr. Walker: Well, she wants me to teach in a university like she does rather than work as a coach. She worries about my health and doesn’t like the fact that we can’t spend much time together. I just love to see athletes excel, and to know that I had something to do with their success. That’s what I want the most.
Interviewer: What would you change about your job, if you could?
Mr. Walker: I wish I had more time to coach amateur players, like high school and college athletes. I think it’s important to develop the skills of up-and-coming athletes, not just ones who sign a contract with us.
176. Why are many surprised about Jerry Walker’s work?CorrectIncorrect
177. What is NOT one of Mr. Walker’s responsibilities?CorrectIncorrect
178. What is Mr. Walker’s wife’s profession?CorrectIncorrect
179. What does Mr. Walker like most about his job?CorrectIncorrect
180. What would Mr. Walker like to be able to do?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 181-185 refer to the following e-mails.
From: Howard Hilton
To: Margaret Willow
Subject: Defective Printer
Dear Mrs. Willow,
My company, Pip Imaging, purchased an Easy Jet 1435 printer from your company four weeks ago. Three weeks ago, an employee reported that the printer turned off every time she tried to print on both sides. A week after the problem was reported, a repairman came to the office to fix the problem. After spending an entire day taking apart the machine, he determined that the printer was missing an important screw. It is critical that we have a functioning printer in order to provide our customers with quality photocopies. Therefore, it is important that we fix this problem as soon as possible. We will be closing temporarily in two weeks from June 23rd to July 2nd, while we change locations, and we would like to resolve this problem before then.
To: Howard Hilton
From: Margaret Willow
Dear Mr. Hilton,
First, I would like to apologize for the problem you encountered with your printer. This is the first defective product that we have ever been made aware of, and we have already contacted the Director of Production, Glen Milton, to investigate the current production practices for all Easy Jet 1435 printers. We certainly want to resolve this problem as quickly as possible. We are happy to pay for all repair costs, as well as all shipping fees. Please put the printer in its original box and send it to the Product Repair Department. The address for this department is provided in the Owner’s Instruction Manual that came with the printer. We will have a specialist take a look at the machine immediately. You should have a working printer within three to four weeks. Please feel free to contact me at any time, should you have questions or comments.
Director, Customer Relations, Easy Jet Office Supplies
181. How long ago did Pip Imaging purchase the printer?CorrectIncorrect
182. What kind of business is Pip Imaging most likely?CorrectIncorrect
183. According to the first email, when does the printer shut down?CorrectIncorrect
184. What should Howard Hilton do before returning the product?CorrectIncorrect
185. Why might Howard Hilton not be satisfied with Margaret Willow’s offer?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 186-190 refer to the following memo and e-mail.
Job Openings at Felton Insurance
Position 1: Assistant Financial Officer
Requirements: A minimum of five years experience in a managerial position.
Applicants will have extensive knowledge of accounting systems, and significant experience developing budgets and offering financial advice.
Position 2: Project Manager
Requirements: A minimum of 4 years experience organizing and executing projects. A strong ability to plan new projects and lead people to complete them. Candidates will also be required to relocate to our offices in Paris.
Position 3: Media Consultant
Requirements: At least 3 years of experience in a related field. Applicants will have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Experience writing press releases and holding press conferences is preferred.
Position 4: Sales Copy Writer
Requirements: A Master’s degree in either Business Communications or Journalism is a must. Extensive marketing or advertising experience is also required.
To Apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and at least two letters of reference to the HR
Department at Felton Insurance:
Human Resources Department
145 Liberty Rd. Seattle, WA
Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone to schedule an interview. Please do not contact the company directly.
To whom it may concern:
My name is Justin Thimble and I’m writing in response to the Project Manager position you advertised recently. I feel that my professional background and personality make me the ideal candidate for the job. I have over six years of experience working with a small team to plan and carry out new projects. Additionally, I can speak and write French fluently, and would be very excited to live abroad. I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to work for such a prestigious international company. The enclosed resume further details why I would make an excellent choice for this position. Thank you for your time and consideration.
186. Which job description mentions education as a requirement for the position?CorrectIncorrect
187. What are applicants asked NOT to do?CorrectIncorrect
188. What is the purpose of Mr. Thimble’s letter?CorrectIncorrect
189. What is a requirement for the position that Mr. Thimble mentions in the letter?CorrectIncorrect
190. What did Mr. Thimble include with his letter?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 191-195 refer to the following two e-mail messages.
From: Gail Rogers
To: John Harlow
Date: June 21
Subject: Problems with the network
Dear Mr. Harlow,
I don’t know if you’ve received other complaints already this morning, but at the moment I’m being denied access to the company’s network. I ve never experienced something like this before. My coworker, Jim Stevens, said he was having the same problem. When I enter my employee ID and password, I receive this message: Employee ID invalid. I’m positive that I’m entering the correct ID, so I don’t know why I can’t access the network. I tried to contact the Computer Technician, but he hasn’t replied to my emails. I was hoping that you would be able to help me, since you’re the Technology Supervisor. I would really appreciate any assistance you can provide at this time.
From: John Harlow
To: Gail Rogers
Date: June 21
Subject: Re: Problems with the network
I’m sorry that I did not reply sooner, but one of the computers on the fifth floor unexpectedly shut down and I had to investigate the cause. Our Computer Technician, Thomas Benson, has the flu and will not be in the office for the rest of the week. I have heard from many other employees today, and they all mentioned the same error message. I think the problem might be chat we updated our computer security system, but I can’t be certain until I do a little more research. I’m not sure why, but we seem to be having a lot of problems with our computers lately. This is the tenth complaint I’ve received this morning. I have scheduled a meeting with the Administrative Supervisor, Philip Downs, at 3 p.m. He should be able to tell me how to fix the problem.
Usually, the kind of error message you describe appears when there is something wrong with the security settings. In the meantime, I recommend that you save all of your current files on a hard disk because there is a possibility that we will have to erase your hard drive. If you have any questions before 5 p.m., you can reach me at exr. # 5498.
191. What is TRUE about Gail Rogers’ computer problem?CorrectIncorrect
192. Who did Gail Rogers try to contact first?CorrectIncorrect
193. In the first e-mail, the word “denied” in line 2 is closest in meaning toCorrectIncorrect
194. How does John Harlow plan to resolve the problem?CorrectIncorrect
195. What is Gail Rogers advised to do?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 196-200 refer to the following letter and e-mail.
HMG Computer Innovation Conference
Watson and Rye Media
125 Dobson Ave.
Atlanta, GA 54897
Dear Ms. Hunt,
I am pleased to inform you that the eighth annual Computer Innovation Conference will take place from July 22-23 at the Henderson Hotel in Park County, Colorado. This year, we expect to receive as many participants as in previous years: over 3,000 computer specialists from all over the world, including some of the most highly respected individuals in the field.
As always, it is our sincerest hope that Watson and Rye Media will participate in the Publisher’s Showcase for displaying your latest electronic publishing products, including journals, software, and any other relevant materials.
The exquisite Boulder Room, which will be set up with tables, shelves, electronic equipment and Internet access, will be available for you to display multi-media products. The adjoining Silver Springs Room will be reserved for showcasing printed media, like books and magazines.
If you would like to reserve a space to set up a display, please fill out the registration form enclosed with this letter. Please remember to indicate which room you would like to reserve, and the times that you would like to reserve it for. Also, I should inform you that, due to problems we had last year, all fees must be paid at the time of registration. You should submit everything by June 15th. If you have any questions, please feel free to call me at 514- 698- 9874, or email me at [email protected].
196. Why did Mr. Orson write the letter to Ms.Hunt?CorrectIncorrect
197. In the letter, the word “exquisite” in paragraph 2, line 1 is closest in meaning toCorrectIncorrect
198. How is the registration process this year different from previous years?CorrectIncorrect
199. What does Ms. Hunt indicate in her e-mail to Mr. Orson?CorrectIncorrect
200. What can be assumed about Ms. Hunt?CorrectIncorrect