Full TOEIC Test 03
0 of 200 questions completed
200 Questions; Time Limit:120 mins
Hope you get good marks!!
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 200 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
- Listening 0%
- Reading 0%
PART 1 – PICTURE DESCRIPTION
QUESTIONS 1 – 10
PART 2 – QUESTIONS & RESPONSES
QUESTIONS 11 – 25
11. Mark your answerCorrectIncorrect
12. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
13. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
14. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
15. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
16. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
17. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
18. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
19. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
20. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
21. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
22. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
23. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
24. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
25. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
(File audio sau dùng cho các câu 26-40)
26. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
27. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
28. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
29. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
30. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
31. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
32. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
33. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
34. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
35. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
36. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
37. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
38. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
39. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
40. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
PART 3 – SHORT CONVERSATIONS
QUESTIONS 41 – 55
(File audio sau dùng cho các câu 41-55)
41. What does the man’s boss want him to do?CorrectIncorrect
42. When will they get together to discuss the issue?CorrectIncorrect
43. What does the man say he will do Friday?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 44 – 46
44. Why is the woman thinking of taking a trip to Chicago?CorrectIncorrect
45. What information does the man provide?CorrectIncorrect
46. What will the man do for the woman?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 47 – 49
47. Why did the man delay his trip?CorrectIncorrect
48. According to the woman, why is it hard to reserve a room in New York this week?CorrectIncorrect
49. What can be inferred about the man?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 50 – 52
50. What is the man looking for?CorrectIncorrect
51. Who has what the man is looking for?CorrectIncorrect
52. What does the woman advise the man to do?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 53 – 55
53. What will the man do this weekend?CorrectIncorrect
54. What does the woman offer the man?CorrectIncorrect
55. Where does the woman’s brother work?CorrectIncorrect
UESTIONS 56 – 70
(Audio sau dùng cho câu 56-70)
56. Who did the man hear the news from?CorrectIncorrect
57. Who is going to be the most affected by the news?CorrectIncorrect
58. Why is the sensor being installed?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 59 – 61
59. Why is Rick having a party?CorrectIncorrect
60. What will the woman be doing during lunch?CorrectIncorrect
61. Why did the man use public transportation today?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 62 – 64
62. What will the man do today?CorrectIncorrect
63. How does the man feel?CorrectIncorrect
64. What does the man say he will do if they get caught in traffic?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 65 – 67
65. What are they discussing?CorrectIncorrect
66. Who will the new employee work closest with?CorrectIncorrect
67. How did Henry learn about the company?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 68 – 70
68. Where is the conversation taking place?CorrectIncorrect
69. What seems to be the problem?CorrectIncorrect
70. What did the man do in the morning?CorrectIncorrect
PART 4 – SHORT TALKS
QUESTIONS 71 – 85
(File Audio sau dùng cho câu 71-85)
71. Who is Mr. Paget?CorrectIncorrect
72. According to the speaker, what is his main job?CorrectIncorrect
73. What does the speaker ask those who have questions to do?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 74 – 76
74. Who most likely is giving the talk?CorrectIncorrect
75. What time does the place open?CorrectIncorrect
76. What is available throughout the day?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 77 – 79
77. How often does the show air?CorrectIncorrect
78. Who might be interested in listening to the show?CorrectIncorrect
79. How can the listeners ask Morris questions?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 80 – 82
80. Why is the caller leaving a message?CorrectIncorrect
81. According to the speaker, what should Mr. Duvall do by 5 p.m.?CorrectIncorrect
82. How can Mr. Duvall get the discount?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 83 – 85
83. Where is the speech taking place?CorrectIncorrect
84. According to the speaker, which of the following is NOT mentioned as a reflection of life of the Old Town?CorrectIncorrect
85. Who helped make this exhibition happen?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 86 – 100
(File audio sau dùng cho câu 86-100)
86. Why is the caller leaving the message?CorrectIncorrect
87. When is the closing date?CorrectIncorrect
88. What should Mr. Jackson do if he has any questions?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 89 – 91
89. What is the purpose of the speech?CorrectIncorrect
90. How did the speaker first become interested in his field of work?CorrectIncorrect
91. Why does the speaker say he is a lucky man?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 92 – 94
92. Who most likely is giving the talk?CorrectIncorrect
93. What does the speaker say about historic Wetherby Mansion?CorrectIncorrect
94. Which of the following best describes Blackburn Tower Park?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 95 – 97:
95. What is the purpose of the speech?CorrectIncorrect
96. When did Mr. Brown start working for the company?CorrectIncorrect
97. What does the speaker say about Mr. Brown?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 98 – 100:
98. Who is the intended audience of this talk?CorrectIncorrect
99. What is implied about the products Activate Tools sells?CorrectIncorrect
100. Which of the following is NOT included in the company’s plan?CorrectIncorrect
PART 5 – INCOMPLETE SENTENCES
QUESTIONS 101 – 140:
101. Mother Theresa devoted her entire life not only to the service of God ——- also to a universal conversion project.CorrectIncorrect
102. Typical clerical support ——— perform many duties, including bookkeeping, typing, and maintaining records and files.CorrectIncorrect
103. In accordance with industry practice, we record revenues for music and book products when the products are ____ to retailers.CorrectIncorrect
104. To prevent spam, we check that mail servers that send us mail are ——- registered .CorrectIncorrect
105. We maintain a home page on the web that stores reports, articles, letters and other documents that we are unable ——- in our weekly bulletins.CorrectIncorrect
106. This page contains Java Script routines to computer a ____ of descriptive statistics and create a stem and leaf display.CorrectIncorrect
107. We ____ share the photos of the World Trade Center disaster site in New York City with you.CorrectIncorrect
108. Sign up for direct deposit and your payroll, government, pension or dividend funds will be ——- deposited into your City Bank account and will be available immediately.CorrectIncorrect
109. They certainly appeared ____ of doing things the same as their opponents, but they simply would not break the rules.CorrectIncorrect
110. ____ America’s future, we will need the skills and talents of a new generation of tradesmen.CorrectIncorrect
111. If you have an established account and wish to charge this order ____ your account then select the Purchase Order option in the Payment methods field.CorrectIncorrect
112. The scope of work included a complete ____ of the existing facility, including completely new electrical work and installation of Y2K compliant equipment.CorrectIncorrect
113. If there are no ____ objections, those plans will become the final plans.CorrectIncorrect
114. Please ensure that any additional sheet is attached ____ to your application form.CorrectIncorrect
115. ____ the training course continues, new office workers will receive seventy percent of their salary.CorrectIncorrect
116. I would like to help my daughter learn to play by ____ but I feel guilty.CorrectIncorrect
117. American meat has ____ begun arriving in China under a related trade deal.CorrectIncorrect
118. The additional costs of having a book bound as a library edition are well worth the ____CorrectIncorrect
119. The initiative to help form an academic accounting association in Asia is ____ very well with the inaugural meeting of representatives of several countries scheduled in Hong Kong in June.CorrectIncorrect
120. The ____ event of the Consortium was an excellent conference held by the University of Victoria from October 26-27, 2001.CorrectIncorrect
121. Unless the payment is made in full ____ the agreed-upon date, a late fee will be charged.CorrectIncorrect
122.Mr. Ben will be giving a ____ of the nature center and answering any questions.CorrectIncorrect
123. For all staff, it is inappropriate to consume alcohol ____ on duty.CorrectIncorrect
124.By complying with the defined rules US-Chinese relations will ____ harmonious enough to work out individual differences.CorrectIncorrect
125.The Chrysler corporation posted ____ profits on Friday 17th of January.CorrectIncorrect
126. Mr. Ben referred me to the prestigious British medical journal “The Lancet”, where the research ____ were published last week.CorrectIncorrect
127.The Realto hotel has been thoroughly renovated, but the new management still wanted to ____ some of its original design as a fortified castle.CorrectIncorrect
128. Continue on Highway 205 for ____ twenty miles until it ends at Highway 15.CorrectIncorrect
129.We found ____ paying a brief visit to the Inside Museum Friday evening.CorrectIncorrect
130. Students will also have the opportunity to present ____ product to scientists at the Johnson Space Center.CorrectIncorrect
131.The US government remains ____ to provide further assistance to the earthquake victims as more detailed assessments of the damage are available.CorrectIncorrect
132. This paper will briefly review the strengths and limitations of using a divorce mediation procedure as an ____ to traditional divorce proceedings.CorrectIncorrect
133. The inventor of the cellular phone acknowledged that the phone would not have materialized ____ the positive responses from the users of the first version.CorrectIncorrect
134. If you’re injured while in contact with ____ water, contact your physician regarding vaccinations that may be necessary to prevent infection.CorrectIncorrect
135.Glass bottles should be kept ____ the reach of young children, and the house and play area should be kept free of broken glass.CorrectIncorrect
136. Over the past four years around 120 young people ____ in Get Hooked on Fishing.CorrectIncorrect
137. The organization that works in over 50 countries helps people to improve their own lives and tackle the causes of poverty and injustice ____ of religion and race.CorrectIncorrect
138. Your company’s name will be ____ placed with the sponsored items inside the exhibition hall.CorrectIncorrect
139. Proceeds from the sale of this merchandise go directly into the general fund of ____ organization, which helps finance all our successful programs and activities.CorrectIncorrect
140. The rainfall in May has reduced the need for irrigation in many of the areas but has done little to ____ the ground water deficit.CorrectIncorrect
PART 6 – INCOMPLETE TEXTS
Questions 141-143 refer to the following letter.
DATE: July 26th to August 4th
LOCATION: Birchwood’s shop Facility in Acorn, Ohio
This practical workshop will be limited to an ____ of twenty and is intended to provide
practical and theoretical experience in both elementary and advanced methods and techniques to traditional joinery layout, use of modern and traditional timber carpentry
tools, assembly of timber systems and hand raising practices. The structure to be built will be an authentic reproduction of an early timber frame house. Previous woodworking experience would be an asset, but is not a ____.
Questions 144-146 refer to the following memo.
International Commerce Association Call for Papers
Proposals for presentations on any aspect of international commerce are invited, including finance, accounting, marketing, advertising, law, foreign policy, and cross-cultural sensitivity.
Due to space ——— , proposals for presentations on business technology, human resources, and insurance will not be considered.
Presentations may be in the format of individual papers, debates, or panel discussions. ____ ICA policy, an individual may appear as a presenter only once ____ the conference,
Questions 147-149 refer to the following letter.
New Concorde, Ohio-The City Council today ____ plans to renovate the New Concorde
Library. The proposed renovation has been under discussion for the past two years, but could not be approved until funding for the project was ____.
The final hurdle was removed last week when the state revealed that it will contribute $60,000 to the project. The City Council has agreed to pay $25,000: $15,000 will come from the Harmony County Library District budget, and the remaining $10,000 has been raised by a Library Foundation five-year fundraising drive. The library was built almost 200 years ago and was used ____ as a church until 1850. It was first expanded in 1870 and then repaired
in 1946 after a fire. The planned renovation should take four years to complete. It will be finished just in time for the library’s 200th birthday.
Questions 150-152 refer to the following article.
BEST BOOKS, INC.
Dear Book Club Members,
We will be offering our corporate members a special 25 percent discount on all books next month. This discount will be ____ to orders placed before the 1st of June, so take advantage of it now. Also, be sure to renew your membership on time so that it does not expire.
In the past, our corporate members have been especially interested in our business-oriented selections, including books on computer ____. Please take a look over our
extensive business-related section. Our most popular books are shown in bold print.
Due to unexpected demand, there is a back order on some of our most popular listings. These are denoted by a red asterisk (*). When ordering, please allow an extra three weeks delivery for these books, in addition to the two weeks normally required.
In closing, we ask that you fill out the enclosed survey ____ your satisfaction with any
business-related titles you may have received from us in the past.
PART 7: READING COMPREHENSION
Questions 153-156 refer to the following advertisement.
Speedcare is currently looking for qualified managers to work in several retail stores 1n the East Asian market. We have been dedicated to selling our great-quality clothing to our customers at the lowest possible prices since its inception a decade ago. The prospective candidates will possess outstanding communication, supervisory and public relation skills.
We are widely known as the leading company in providing on the job training and offering supportive work environment to our employees. Successful candidates will be responsible for organizing all hiring, training new employees and evaluating their job performance.
• paid vacation and maternal leave
• health, life, medical and dental insurance coverage
• a good retirement plan
• competitive bonus and incentive systems
• complimentary education and training support
• five workdays a week, Saturday and Sunday off
153. How long has Speedcare been in business?CorrectIncorrect
154. What kind of business is Speedcare in?CorrectIncorrect
155. Speedcare is the best in its industry for which of the following?CorrectIncorrect
156. What is NOT true about employment benefits?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 157-158 refer to the following memo.
To: All Full-time Employees
From: Chris Highbaugh, Director of Personnel
Date: March 10
Employees who miss work for more than three consecutive days because of illness must submit a signed letter from their physician The letter should bear the doctor’s official letterhead, include a telephone number and be turned in for my approval no more than 5 days after the employee returns to work. Extended absence without a prior approval may result in a deduction of wages.
157. What is the main topic of the memo?CorrectIncorrect
158. What should an employee do to avoid loss of wages?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 159-160 refer to the following form.
ROOM MAINTENANCE REQUEST FORM
Should you find anything in your suite that needs the attention of housekeeping, please fill out this request form and drop it in the box conveniently located on each floor next to the elevator doors. We will do our utmost to meet your request.
In case the item needs our immediate attention, please do not hesitate to contact the front desk by pressing #0 on your suite phone.
Room No: 507 Date: November 22
Description: I am really annoyed by the noise the bathroom faucet creates when I turn on the hot water. It makes a squeaking sound from time to time and I think it needs to be repaired immediately. If it is not fixed by tomorrow night, I would like to request a room change. Thank you.
159. For what purpose is this card issued?CorrectIncorrect
160. What seems to be the problem here?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 161-162 refer to the following want ad.
Jump-start Your Career in Marketing
ABC Marketing is currently offering internships to I 0 hardworking up and comers in this field. We are requesting applications from any and all students who expect to graduate this spring. This is not exclusively for Marketing majors, but some knowledge of the marketing world will be considered an asset.
If you are interested in this position, please submit the attached application form along with the following:
– your university transcript
– a photo of yourself
– 2 letters of recommendation (one from an employer, and one from a teacher or professor)
– an essay of 500 words or less explaining why you should be our choice as an intern at our firm.
We look forward to receiving your application.
161. What kind of opportunity is presented here?CorrectIncorrect
162. Which item does NOT need to be included with the application?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 163-165 refer to the following advertisement.
Learn How to Speed-read in 6 weeks!
If you can speed-read, you can get an edge in business and in education! Our tried and true super fast reading techniques are guaranteed to help you get information from the page or computer screen into your brain faster than ever before.
Speedie Readie, the program developed by 6 time speed-reading champ Arnold Gusterson, is now available to you through this special offer. It will help to increase your ability to focus on and quickly internalize whatever information is in front of you. There is also focus on scanning documents for vital bits of information very quickly without having to read the entire page.
Sign up today and you will receive our bonus cassette tape, entitled ‘Listening for Comprehension’. Our package comes to you for the low price of $99.95 with a money back guarantee. Fill out the form on our web site at http://www.readfast.com, or call 1-866-345-1234 to order now!
163. What is the name of the cassette tape people will receive if they order today?CorrectIncorrect
164. How long should a student commit to this program?CorrectIncorrect
165. What options are available to order the product?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 166-167 refer to the following letter.
66789 Angelina St.
Dear Ms. Custardson,
To follow up on our meeting in person when we discussed this matter, I am writing as the manager of the Squiggly Wiggly to personally apologize for the incident which occurred in our restaurant on January 7.
Although this occurrence must have come as quite a shock to you, I want to assure you that I was also very surprised when I learned what had happened, and I am doing everything in my power to find out exactly how the small bug found its way into your hamburger. This is not representative of the quality that our customers have come to expect from us, and is one of my most shameful moments during my career in the food industry.
I feel you have been very understanding considering what has happened, and I want to extend my thanks to you for that. If you ever see fit to come to the Squiggly Wiggly again, you will dine free as my guest.
Bobby B. Brown
166. What is Mr. Brown’s job title?CorrectIncorrect
167. What information is written in the letter?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 168-170 refer to the following e-mail.
Because you have been a member of the Mailit DVD club for so long, we are especially pleased to tell you about this exciting offer. This email is to let you know about our new discount package for all your favorite hit movies. You can now receive films featuring all the hottest stars more cheaply than ever before.
We will begin keeping track of how many DVDs you order as of July 15. If you order 8 DVDs within the 6-month period that follows, we will reward you by sending you an additional DVD of your choice free!
If you order 10 DVDs in 6 months, we will be happy to send you 2 free DVDs. And, if you order 12 DVDs, you will receive 3 DVDs absolutely free! Each additional DVD you purchase after that will be sent to you at 50% of the normal price!
Don’t delay your next order, we want you to begin saving as soon as possible.
Mailit DVD club
168. How many DVDs must a customer receive before they pay half price for the next one?CorrectIncorrect
169. If a customer wants 12 DVDs, how many must he or she actually pay for?CorrectIncorrect
170. What benefits are given to the customers that order 8 DVDs?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 171-173 refer to the following memo.
To: All bakery staff
Subject: Two-day course
Date: March 12
Because we are on contract as an in-house bakery at the Milton Hotel, they insist that we maintain the highest in food quality in terms of taste as well as aesthetic appeal of the products we prepare. As such, their internal nationwide auditing team makes irregular visits to each hotel to ensure that contractors are living up to their high standards.
They have announced that they will visit us for a one-day inspection on March 23. We have decided that we will conduct a two-day off site training course to ensure that all staff are well versed in recipes for all baked goods prepared here, and that decorations are being completed in a consistent and skillful manner. Note that not all staff will be trained at the same time. Classes will be conducted between March 15 and 19, please see your attached schedule to confirm when you are asked to attend. Changes can be made only if you can find a staff member who will trade schedules with you.
If you have any questions, please notify your immediate supervisor.
171. Who should people contact if they have questions?CorrectIncorrect
172. For how long will each person receive training?CorrectIncorrect
173. What is the relationship between the employees and the Milton Hotel?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 174-177 refer to the following minutes.
BIG BOY BOOK CLUB
MARCH BOARD OF DIRECTORS MINUTES
Mr. Black. President
Ms. Wright, Accountant
Mr. Jones, Vice President
Mr. Harris, Membership Secretary
Mrs. Chloe, the Operations Manager. due to a family emergency
1. The minutes of the February 20th were read and accepted.
2. New cubicles need to be purchased for our main office space. The older ones are beginning to fall apart, and Mr. Black suggested that higher-quality cubicles be purchased this time to ensure they last longer.
3. Mr. Harris has unveiled his plans to boost book club membership. He and Ms. Wright will consult to produce an estimate of how much this will boost revenue.
4. New bookkeeping methods are to be introduced in June. Ms. Wright gave a brief summary of how the changes will affect day-to-day operations.
5. New logos are needed for the company to refresh the brand image. Mrs. Chloe will be asked to investigate costs invoked in this.
6. Next year’s budget:
(a) Printing errors have been during this business year compared to previous years, which has helped reduce costs in that area. Some money can be diverted to other areas in the next budget.
(b) There have been some difficulties in collections this year due to the general state of the economy. This affects the company’s ability to project how much liquid capital will be available.
174. Which of the following was NOT covered at the meeting?CorrectIncorrect
175. Who suggested longer lasting furniture be purchased?CorrectIncorrect
176. What has helped to free up money to be used in other areas?CorrectIncorrect
177. Who will be responsible for costing the logo change?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 178-180 refer to the following article.
Getting a good night’s sleep may have surprising benefits, including adding up to six years to your life. This and other results of the National Sleep Center decade-long study of the effects of sleep deprivation on adults were announced yesterday at a press conference by Margaret Norwood, the research scientist who headed the study.
Dr. Norwood stressed that “getting adequate sleep is not a luxury it is critical to proper brain functioning People who sleep well show greatly enhanced moods, improved memories, and better job performances and are significantly less likely to be involved in accidents.”
Dr. Hugh Weatley, the director at the center, agreed, stating that while individuals do vary in their need for sleep, “most adults require one hour of sleep for every two hours of wakefulness… He suggested that individuals determine their own requirements by sleeping for the amount of time they think they need for a week.
178. When were the results of the research released?CorrectIncorrect
179. Who is Margaret Norwood?CorrectIncorrect
180. What is NOT mentioned as a benefit of regular sleep?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 181-185 refer to the following letters.
April 21, 2006
University of Michigan Ann Arbor
523 State Street Ann Arbor, MI 48704
Dear Mr. Willington,
Through careful observations and looking through your outstanding achievements in your four years at University of Michigan, it is with great pleasure that we offer you employment with Sell Business Club. The assurance of this offer, however, does depend on your whole college transcript and exam grade for the exam you will be taking during the interview with us. We hope you are willing to have an interview with us soon. Also, when you have a chance, please send us your college transcript. We truly appreciate your interest in working with us.
Job Title: Stock Manager
Job Description: Described in the “What is Stock Manager all about?” section.
Salary: Salary can be paid monthly or annually. Stock Managers are usually offered between
$45,000 to $50,000. However, this offer is contingent upon bow the individual works and helps the company to grow. It is negotiable. The salary is subject to deductions for taxes and other withholdings.
Bonus: New employees are not eligible for a signing bonus.
Benefits: Health, life, and car insurance are all provided. Other benefits such as tuition reimbursement and mortgage payments are determined by your department boss.
Vacation or Personal Time Off: Negotiable.
For any questions and concerns, please refer to Employment manager, Scott Henderson, at (433) 544-5555.
Sell Business Club Vice-President
April 25, 2006
Mr. Brad Hilton
Sell Business Club
4330 Northridge St. Phoenix, AZ 96777
Dear Mr. Brad Hilton:
What an amazing offer you have offered me, Mr. Brad Hilton. I will try to send in my whole college transcript and I have already set up a date for an interview from the phone call I received from one of your employees last night. Arizona is a place I’ve always wanted to go and this job is what I have always dreamed of doing. I am very excited and I cannot wait for the interview. I hope that l pass your test and that my transcript is also good enough.
I do have some questions about the bonus and benefits, and I hope to get answers soon. I have applied to other companies also, but I want you to know Mr. Brad Hilton, that my first pick and priority is your company, Sell Business Club.
I truly appreciate your offer and wish you all the best.
University of Michigan Ann Arbor
523 State St. Ann Arbor. MI 48704
181. What is the first letter mainly about?CorrectIncorrect
182. What is NOT in the first letter?CorrectIncorrect
183. What does the offer Mr. Hilton made depend on?CorrectIncorrect
184. How does Mr. Willington react to the offer?CorrectIncorrect
185. What does Mr. Willington like the most about the offer?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 186-190 refer to the following form and letter.
MENTOR APPLICATION 2006-2007
Last Name: Heesh
First Name: Edward
Middle Initial: K.
Email Address [email protected]
Campus Address and Phone Number for the 2006-2007 academic year
423 Dolmes E. Landern OH 43222
Are you available to be a Mentor through May 2007? Yes
Have you ever been a Mentor with Residence Life at OSU? No
Please Indicate Gender Male
Overall GPA 3.67
You need a cumulative 2.75 GPA at the time of application.
Current Class Standing Freshman
You need to have at least 12 credits completed at the time of application. Any class can apply!
Please indicate all the communities you would be interested in working with.
Alcohol Free Community, Non-smoking Hall, Quiet Floor, Upper Class Students
The information I have presented is true and correct. I understand that incomplete or false information may subject me to disqualification from being considered for the position. I grant the Department of Residence Life permission to verify that my overall GPA is at least 2.75 and that I have completed 12 credits. I authorize the agents of Ohio State University to conduct routine inquiry during the processing of my application in order to provide the information necessary to determine my employability. This may include, for example, inquiries directed to the Office of Judicial Affairs or current Residence Life staff. I further understand this information will be shared with members of the Selection Committee for evaluation purposes.
January 16. 2006
Dear Mentor Applicant,
Being a mentor is teaching, helping, caring, guiding the students on your floor as a leader. It is an experience of living together not only physically but also mentally with other students who are usually younger than you are. You will be their mentor academically, socially, and mentally.
It is a great pleasure for me to tell you that we have received your application for the 2006-2007 Mentor position. We are currently reviewing your qualifications and will be verifying your cumulative G.P.A. as well as how many credits you have as of the end of Fall 2005 Mentor.
You will receive an email on or before January 20, 2006 telling you your eligibility, and if you are continued in the process, what time to attend the Assessment Center on Saturday. January 28, 2006.
If you do not receive an email on January 20, please call Karen Stowell at 517-432-2503.
Thank you for your interest in the Mentor position.
Nikki O’Brien, PHR
Assistant Director for
Staff Development and Diversity
186. What is the application for?CorrectIncorrect
187. What is one of the requirements to be a mentor?CorrectIncorrect
188. When will Edward know if he is eligible for the position?CorrectIncorrect
189. What is the penalty for providing wrong information?CorrectIncorrect
190. What is NOT in the readings?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 191-195 refer to the following introduction and letter.
National Nature Conservation Association
Presents “Protect Us”:
These days we hear news of global warming, species extinction, collapse of the rain forests, devastation of the sea, and melting of the ice on the north and south poles. We feel powerless and do not know what to do. We are overwhelmed with sadness to see our beautiful land and animals dying or suffering. What can do about it?
“When we do it together,” Mr. Peterson, the head of the National Nature Conservation Association says, ‘We can protect them, and eventually protect ourselves,” Mr. Peterson and his colleagues proposed selecting one representative from each city to come together and find solutions that they can carry out all together.
“If you have passion for life, life that has always made this world as beautiful as it was, and courage to act upon what you believe, please come and help us.” Mr. Peterson said with great inspiration. This movement called “Protect Us” is a national wide movement and (we) are looking for sponsors and support from anyone, anywhere, and anytime. Just call 1-800- SAVE-US to support financially or sign up to be a representative for your city. Call now to protect yourself, your family, your nation, and your Earth.
May 15, 2006
Dear Mr. Peterson,
I am the president of New Electronics Company, James O’Conner. Last night when I was watching T.V. at home, I was very inspired by your short message that my desire to support you and your group led me to write this letter to you. I remember when I was young my dad would always take me fishing and hunting, experiencing the beauty and power of nature. I surely want that to continue for my children and also for all of our future generations. I would like to donate $1 ,000 dollars and actually become an official sponsor of National Nature Conservation Association. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help, other than supporting financially. I applaud your courage and passion to save what God has given us.
CEO & President of New Electronics
191. What is the article about?CorrectIncorrect
192. What is NOT one of the problems we are facing today?CorrectIncorrect
193. Who can be a representative of city?CorrectIncorrect
194. What is the main purpose of Mr.O’Conner’s letter?CorrectIncorrect
195. What is NOT true about Mr. O’Conner?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 196-200 refer to the following advertisement and letter.
In Daytona Beach
Welcome to Darling’s outdoor near-beach family restaurant
Established by Michel Darling in 1923
Known as one of the best seafood restaurant in Florida
Has over 100 seats I Welcomes group reservations
Japanese, American, French Chefs
Over 50 kinds of fish, over 200 kinds of dish
For reservation, call (655) 332-5867
Fax (655) 332-5866
Seth Darling, Owner of Darling’s
Dear Mr. Seth Darling,
Mr. Darling, this is Russell Jenny, owner of Fresh Fish, down in Miami. I’ve heard about your fantastic restaurant and I and my wife are actually planning to visit your restaurant soon. Today
I write this letter to you to tell you about our great deals on fish. Our crew only goes out to the sea early in the morning so that the fish will continue to stay fresh throughout the whole day and that’s where we got our name ‘Fresh Fish’. Here are some of the deals that I wanted to offer you:
Tuna 200kg $800
Tuna egg 10kg $1,000
Salmon 200kg $850
Salmon egg 10kg $900
Octopus 10kg $900
Sea Urchin 50kg $1,000
Yellowtail 60kg $800
Crab 100 kg $900
Black Cod 100kg $1,500
As you see, this is unusually cheaper than normal price, and I wish you do not miss this chance to make a great profit. Our tunas and salmons are outstanding in their quality, and I am pretty sure you’ve heard of our yellow tail and crab for their great taste. Please contact me as soon as you decide and we will ship it to your restaurant in less than 10 hours. Thank you.
196. What is true about Darling’s?CorrectIncorrect
197. Who most likely is Seth Darling?CorrectIncorrect
198. Who is Russell Jenny?CorrectIncorrect
199. What makes Fresh Fish’s fish fresh?CorrectIncorrect
200. What does Mr. Russell Jenny say about his products?CorrectIncorrect