Full TOEIC Test 04
0 of 200 questions completed
200 Questions; Time Limit:120 mins
Hope you get good marks!!
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 200 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
- Listening 0%
- Reading 0%
PART 1 – PICTURE DESCRIPTION
QUESTIONS 1 – 10
PART 2 – QUESTIONS & RESPONSES
QUESTIONS 11 – 25
11. Mark your answerCorrectIncorrect
12. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
13. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
14. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
15. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
16. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
17. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
18. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
19. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
20. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
21. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
22. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
23. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
24. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
25. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
(File audio sau dùng cho các câu 26-40)
26. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
27. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
28. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
29. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
30. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
31. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
32. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
33. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
34. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
35. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
36. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
37. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
38. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
39. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
40. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
PART 3 – SHORT CONVERSATIONS
QUESTIONS 41 – 55
(File audio sau dùng cho các câu 41-55)
41. What are the speakers discussing?CorrectIncorrect
42. How many employees will Mr. Parson train?CorrectIncorrect
43. What will Mrs. Cooper most likely do next?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 44 – 46
44. Where does this conversation probably take place?CorrectIncorrect
45. What does the man ask about?CorrectIncorrect
46. What is suggested by the woman?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 47 – 49
47. Where are the people most likely talking?CorrectIncorrect
48. What does the woman mention about the business?CorrectIncorrect
49. What does the woman tell the man to do?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 50 – 52
50. Why will Mr. Gomez be late?CorrectIncorrect
51. What job is the woman interviewing for?CorrectIncorrect
52. What does the man ask the woman to do?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 53 – 55
53. What are the two people mostly talking about?CorrectIncorrect
54. What does the woman say she used to do in the past?CorrectIncorrect
55. Where is the playground?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 56 – 70
(Audio sau dùng cho câu 56-70)
56. Who most likely is the woman?CorrectIncorrect
57. When will the woman most likely leave for Indonesia?CorrectIncorrect
58. What will the man probably do next?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 59 – 61
59. What does the man state about his work?CorrectIncorrect
60. How long has the man been working at product?CorrectIncorrect
61. What does the man plan to do in August?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 62 – 64
62. Who is the woman most likely talking to?CorrectIncorrect
63. Why can’t the woman come at 9 A.M.?CorrectIncorrect
64. Where will the shuttle pick up its passengers?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 65 – 67
65. What are the speakers talking about?CorrectIncorrect
66. What do the speakers say about the his job?CorrectIncorrect
67. What does the man suggest?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 68 – 70
68. What do the speakers need to talk about?CorrectIncorrect
69. How long will the repairs take?CorrectIncorrect
70. Where will the woman be working?CorrectIncorrect
PART 4 – SHORT TALKS
QUESTIONS 71 – 85
(File Audio sau dùng cho câu 71-85)
71. Who most likely is the speaker?CorrectIncorrect
72. According to the speaker, what will happen next month?CorrectIncorrect
73. What does the woman suggest that her audience do?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 74 – 76
74. Who is this message meant for?CorrectIncorrect
75. What does the speaker request that the audience do?CorrectIncorrect
76. When is the closing time of the facility?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 77 – 79
77. Who is probably the speaker?CorrectIncorrect
78. What does the speaker say about the Trinity Tower?CorrectIncorrect
79. What will the speaker probably do next?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 80 – 82
80. What is the purpose of this message?CorrectIncorrect
81. Who is Ms. Takahashi?CorrectIncorrect
82. When will Ms. Takahashi go home today?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 83 – 85
83. What is the purpose of the meeting?CorrectIncorrect
84. What does the speaker say about Nettle Co.?CorrectIncorrect
85. What does the speaker ask for?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 86 – 100
(File audio sau dùng cho câu 86-100)
86. What is the main topic of the announcement?CorrectIncorrect
87. When will the new system be available?CorrectIncorrect
88. According to the speaker, what is the card needed for?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 89 – 91
89. For whom was this message recorded?CorrectIncorrect
90. Why would the caller push zero?CorrectIncorrect
91. What is the caller asked to do?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 92 – 94
92. What is the purpose of the talk?CorrectIncorrect
93. What is mentioned about the product?CorrectIncorrect
94. What will the people receive if they call now?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 95 – 97:
95. What is the main purpose of the message?CorrectIncorrect
96. What is the problem?CorrectIncorrect
97. What does the man want Mrs. Wang to do?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 98 – 100:
98. Who is Gary Peach?CorrectIncorrect
99. What is the main topic of the talk?CorrectIncorrect
100. What does Gary Peach suggest?CorrectIncorrect
PART 5 – INCOMPLETE SENTENCES
QUESTIONS 101 – 140:
101. The company’s refusal to offer Ms. Blackstone a raise ____ her to resign from her position.CorrectIncorrect
102. More information about this employment opportunity can be ____ on our website at http://www.homeofficework.comCorrectIncorrect
103. According to a memo distributed to stockholders this morning, a new CEO for the corporation ____ .CorrectIncorrect
104. Local residents concerned about the fate of the downtown district have tried ____ to protect the oldest buildings.CorrectIncorrect
105. Travelers who book their trips through Star Destinations receive personalized ____ detailing their flights and other travel information.CorrectIncorrect
106. After applying the glue, you should wait a ____ mount of time before testing the strength of the bond.CorrectIncorrect
107. Please ____ to Farmington Home Warehouse for the lowest prices and longest warranties on home appliances.CorrectIncorrect
108. Corporate offices were closed Tuesday, May 5, ____ a problem with the building’s ventilation system.CorrectIncorrect
109. Telecam’s innovative new sales approach ____ internet advertising and telemarketing to attract consumers in its target regions.CorrectIncorrect
110. The construction application could be approved by the government ____ all the necessary forms were submitted.CorrectIncorrect
111. Lymtech’s IT department had ____ determining the cause of the system malfunction that occurred on Friday.CorrectIncorrect
112. With the online billing option, customers can have utilities providers ____ deduct charges from their bank accounts every month.CorrectIncorrect
113. The factory manager reports that currently all the machinery ______ at full capacity.CorrectIncorrect
114. It will not be a ____ or quick process to go over the budget report and find the error.CorrectIncorrect
115. ____ the current marketing strategy with an entirely new approach does not seem like a wise decision.CorrectIncorrect
116. A new trend among car manufacturers has been to ____ groups of vehicles to meet individual dealers’ specifications.CorrectIncorrect
117. The greater the number of clients the sales department has, the ____ it is to keep all of them satisfied.CorrectIncorrect
118. All bids for acquiring the bankrupt entertainment company must be made sometime ____ the next month.CorrectIncorrect
119. ____ you require assistance with the installation of the product, contact a customer sales associate at the number below.CorrectIncorrect
120. The annual sales figures for T&W Enterprises were impressive____ the poor start it suffered this year.CorrectIncorrect
121. Many firms in the food service industry ____ a growth in demand for vegetables after the news report about their nutritious value.CorrectIncorrect
122. ChemCo, Inc. searched ____ the entire country for a supplier capable of procuring and shipping the dangerous materials.CorrectIncorrect
123. Anderson Clothing Merchant’s poor sales figures for 2006 caused GFL, Inc. to ____ its bid for acquisition.CorrectIncorrect
124. Mr. Clorian will be ready to move into his new office as soon as ____ finishes transporting the rest of the files.CorrectIncorrect
125. The financial resources we have available for expanding the factory facilities are ____ limited.CorrectIncorrect
126. Please stack the boxes that were received earlier today ____ the wall leading up to the storage room.CorrectIncorrect
127. The majority of the town’s ____ would prefer to expand the business district to include Western Avenue.CorrectIncorrect
128. Repairs to the air conditioner will only take ____ hours at the most according to the maintenance crew.CorrectIncorrect
129. A list of all the pieces in the ____ for tonight’s orchestra performance can be found online.CorrectIncorrect
130. The personnel manager has decided to hire the candidate with the degree in engineering ____ he interviewed last week.CorrectIncorrect
131. It was officially announced that ____ design for the merchandise label was accepted.CorrectIncorrect
132. Sales have dropped by four percent ____ the newspaper article questioning the product’s safety was published.CorrectIncorrect
133. In today’s housing market, newly ____ houses and condominiums are much more attractive to potential buyers.CorrectIncorrect
134. With the firm’s 100th anniversary approaching, plans are already being made to mark the ____ event.CorrectIncorrect
135. If you are looking for a ____ you can trust to take care of your vehicle , bring it to TJ Garage.CorrectIncorrect
136. Alterations to the work schedule cannot be made until they ____by the shift supervisor.CorrectIncorrect
137. The judge has ordered a thorough and ____ review of all of the bankrupt company’s financial records.CorrectIncorrect
138. Please feel ____ to contact one of our knowledgeable customer service representatives with any questions you may have.CorrectIncorrect
139. Mr. Lorrine failed to ____ his appointment with the important client due to a family emergency.CorrectIncorrect
140. Several executives feel that the recent sales drop may have resulted ____ the company ‘s failure to predict changes in consumer tastes.CorrectIncorrect
PART 6 – INCOMPLETE TEXTS
Questions 141-143 refer to the following letter.
White Sea Inn
519 Oceanview St.
Bay Point, ME
Dear Sir or Madam,
My family and I recently returned from our vacation in Bay Point, where we ____ five nights at the White
Sea Inn. I wanted to share with you our experiences during our stay at your hotel.
We were all very ____ by the accommodations at the White Sea Inn. Our room was beautifully decorated,
and the entire building had a great atmosphere . I especially liked the artwork on display in the dining room.
The service we received was also wonderful. We actually were given a discounted room ____ because the
room we reserved wasn’t ready when we arrived . And all the staff members were very courteous.
Bay Point was a fantastic place to spend our vacation, and the White Sea Inn was the perfect accommodation there. We will definitely consider your hotel the next time we are in the area.
Thank you so much,
Questions 144-146 refer to the following memo.
To : Financial Department employees
From: Suleman Daud, Vice President of Finances
Subject: Training seminar change
The financial department training seminar scheduled for Monday, August 6, has been ____ due to a
maintenance problem with our meeting room. The repairs will be completed by the end of the week, so we are planning to hold the seminar on the following Monday, August 13.
Please remember that this is a ____ training session for all employees in the financial department. We will
be learning about the new bookkeeping software that the company will adopt starting next month, and everyone must be there.
If ____ has a schedule which conflicts with the new date for the seminar, please let me know immediately.
My extension number is 277.
Thank you. I’ll see you all on August 13.
Questions 147-149 refer to the following letter.
Customer Service Department Porelli Electronics
45F Hartford Way
Dear Customer Service Representative:
I recently purchased a photocopier made by your company. It is the Porelli X-Force Color Copier, model #5G .
There have been many problems with the copier since I bought it. The first thing I noticed was that the paper gets stuck almost every time I use it. I have tried all of the troubleshooting tips in the manual, but the paper continues to ____ in the machine. Also, the copier is not ____ with some of the computers in my
office. I bought it because I thought it was able to connect with every kind of computer. And finally, the machine makes a very loud humming noise while in operation, and this is distracting to everyone near it.
Because of these problems, I would like to send the product back to you for a refund. Please contact me with instructions on your ____process so that I may take care of this as soon as possible.
Questions 150-152 refer to the following article.
To: Georgina Gilmour
From: Christian Thomas
Subject: Completing the supply contract
I am currently working on the revisions to the contract with our supplier, which is due this Thursday. Unfortunately, I have not been able to devote as much time to this ____ as is needed, and I doubt I will be
able to finish it on time.
As you know, my department is very busy this time of year ____ new contracts. I have been involved with
five different projects in the last month, which is why I have fallen behind with the supply contract.
I can only think of two options to resolve this situation. The first would be to extend the deadline on the supply contract , giving me perhaps another week to complete it. If this is unacceptable, however, then I am going to require additional help to finish the contract on time. I don’t know if you could spare anyone from your team to ____ me, but that would be tremendously beneficial.
Please let me know how we should proceed with this contract. I am open to any other ideas you may have on the matter.
Directions: In this part, you will read a selection of texts, such as magazine and newspaper articles, letters, and advertisements. Each text is followed by several questions . Select the best answer for each question and mark the letter (A), (B), (C), or (D) on your answer sheet.
Questions 153-155 refer to the following memo
Attn.: Floor staff
Subject: Seasonal sales
Date: Sept. 1
The fall holiday season is almost here, and with it comes extended shopping hours. This is a reminder that all work shifts during this season, except for Sundays, will be longer. Mall hours from Sept. 10 to Sept. 28 will be as follows:
Mon – Wed: 9:00am to 9:00pm.
Thur – Sat: 9:00am to 11:00 pm.
Sun: 11:00 am to 6:00pm.
If you have any major conflicts with this timetable, please speak to me right away.
Don’t forget that all staff are entitled to a discount of 5 percent on any regularly priced items in the mall. This is one benefit of being an employee at Johnson Cosmetics. Enjoy.
153. What is the purpose of this memo?CorrectIncorrect
154. What is an advantage of working at the company?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 155-156 refer to the following document.
Please print this itinerary for your reference.
Name: Steve Miller
Email: [email protected]
Date of issue: Tues. Mar 06, 2007
Customer Service Reservation line
Flight information 1-888-665-7878
Flight From To Cabin Service Status
Thurs 22 Mar
Fri 23 Mar
Thurs 05 Apr
Thurs 05 Apr
155. How did Mr. Miller most likely get this itinerary?CorrectIncorrect
156. When will Mr. Miller depart for Madrid?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 157 – 159 refer to the following notice
A product recall has been issued by the State Electric Board for Brite Nite’s outdoor LED lights designed for patio and deck use.
The Electric Board, responsible for testing the safety of all electric products on the market, has found that the wiring in the LED lights is faulty and can cause sparks, which could result in fire. No incidents have been reported, but all consumers with this product are urged to stop using it immediately.
The commercial outlets in the state that have been selling this product are:
Marty’s Hardware Supplies Lights R Us
If you have purchased this product, the Electric Board advises you to return it to the retailer where you made the purchase. If you have any questions , you can contact your local utility provider or call the Brite Nite Corp. toll-free at 1-800-565-0303.
157. Who announced the recall?CorrectIncorrect
158. What is the intended use of the product?CorrectIncorrect
159. What are consumers being advised to do with the product?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 160-162 refer to the following advertisement.
Tefface Retreat Condos
Treat yourself to good living!
Tired of paying someone else to live in an apartment? Become an owner
yourself and enjoy a comfortable life in luxurious facilities .
Isolated from the busy downtown core, Terrace Retreat is still in the heart of the city and close to all amenities. At Terrace Retreat you can watch the exciting city below from the comfort and quiet of your own home.
1 bedroom $65,000
2 bedrooms $75,000
All condos come with wood floors, floor heating, communal lawn space, and two balconies (off the living room and bedroom) . Condos come with automatic biyearly maintenance checks, and we have a building manager on call every day.
Get free parking for six months when you sign a mortgage before July 1st.
Call (714) 224-3434. Or come visit us at 2424 Sheridan Street.
160. Who does this advertisement most likely target?CorrectIncorrect
161. What is stated as an advantage of living at Terrace Retreat?CorrectIncorrect
162. What is NOT mentioned as part of the deal?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 163-166 refer to the following memo.
Attn: Northern Airlines staff
Subject: New ID cards
Date: February 2
The airport authority will be implementing a new identification system, scheduled to come into effect on the first of March. The new IDs will be mandatory for anyone with access to restricted areas. This includes pilots, flight crews, and fueling and catering service workers.
The new cards are part of a state-of-the-art identification system, intended to heighten safeguards. Each ID card will contain a computer chip which stores two kinds of bodily information: a person’s fingerprints and the iris patterns of the eye.
This is how the system will work:
Scanners will be posted at the gates of restricted areas. To confirm an employee’s identity, the scanners will read the information from the person’s fingerprints or iris patterns, and then compare it with the data on the ID card.
Employees have one week to have their bodily readings taken and to submit a current photo. This can be done in room 204 at the Anchorage Airport from February 5 to 9, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Northern Airlines Human Resources [email protected]
163. Why are employees getting new identification cards?CorrectIncorrect
164. Which employees are NOT mentioned as needing a new card?CorrectIncorrect
165. What is the feature of the new cards?CorrectIncorrect
166. The word “mandatory” in paragraph 1, line 2 is closest in meaning toCorrectIncorrect
Questions 167-169 refer to the following form.
Please complete this form in its entirety and return it to the customer service desk of your local EZ Rentals office. You may also submit this form by mail, fax, or email (see contact information on the back of this form). You will need to present a valid U.S. driver’s license before picking up your vehicle.
Full Name: Melinda Anderson Driver’s
License Number: 221-8793C
Issuing State: New Jersey
Driver’s License Expiration Date: 2/15/08
Home Address: 564 Colonial Avenue, Apt. 5B
State: New Jersey
Zip Code: 07962
Work Phone Number: 973-284-2294, ext. 553
Home Phone Number: 973-789-8983
Email Address:[email protected]
Credit Card Number: –
Credit Card Type: –
Credit Card Expiration Date: –
Company name: Joseph Black Consultants
EZ Rentals Account number: 6748EFR3
Destination: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Dates required: 1/22- 1/27
Point of rental: Newark, New Jersey
Point of return: Same
Vehicle Preference: (Check one)
Midsize T (check)
Signature: Melinda Date: 1/20/07
Vehicle type cannot be guaranteed and is subject to availability.
167. What is the purpose of this form?CorrectIncorrect
168. Why did Ms. Anderson NOT include her credit card information?CorrectIncorrect
169. Which is Ms. Anderson’s travel plan?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 170-173 refer to the following report.
This is a comparative analysis of Gemini Mobile’s cellular phone services with our main rival’s, Horizon Communications. In the first part of this analysis, we will highlight Horizon’s competitive edge over Gemini in the first two quarters of 2007.
Horizon lost customers in the 4th quarter of 2006 when it pushed its evening rate period back from 6 p.m. until midnight to 8 p.m. until midnight. However, it quickly compensated for this loss by introducing the “Talk a Lot” package. At $40 a month, “Talk a Lot” became the most popular plan in the 1st and 2nd quarters of 2007 in its target demographic group: students and professionals in their 20s. For $40 a month, the customer gets the following services:
-Unlimited text messaging
-100 daytime minutes a month
-150 evening minutes for Horizon-to-Horizon customers
-An evening discount period from 8 p.m. to midnight
Since friends and relatives often use the same provider, the 150-minute evening service turned out to be enormously popular.
Now we’ll look at Gemini’s “Superfriends” plan, which targets the same demographic. Here are the plan’s major selling points:
-An evening discount period from 6 p.m. to midnight
-70 daytime minutes a month
-75 evening minutes a month
Although our evening rate period is longer, Horizon’s adaptability in promotional campaigns allowed them to gain 60% of the market in the 1st quarter of 2007.
170. What is the main point of this report?CorrectIncorrect
171. When did Horizon start to increase its market share?CorrectIncorrect
172. What is NOT included in Horizon’s service list?CorrectIncorrect
173. What is an advantage of Gemini ‘s plan?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 174-177 refer to the following article.
Paying to Stay Clean
Bay Shore- Residents of the Bay Shore region have made it clear they want to keep their communities clean and natural. In last week’s local elections, they voted to extend a 3% tax until 2011, which goes towards maintaining the region’s parks, beaches. farmland, and outdoor leisure spaces.
The “preservation” tax, as it’s commonly known, has been imposed on the sale of all homes since 2001. With the revenue. the government has been able to hire extra people to pick up garbage and sort through the recyclable products.
“Our employees take pride in their work,” says Lily Park warden James Woodrow. “Because they can observe the immediate benefits their efforts have for the entire community.
With the tax revenue, which has amounted to over $50 million so far. the local government has been able to purchase land that otherwise may have been sold to private groups. Over 5,000 acres of land, including organic farms, have been maintained with this tax.
Jim Doherty from the Nature Conservation Society says residents in the Bay Shore area have voted to keep commercial development at a minimum.
“Residents have clear access to parks and beaches without having to walk around hotels and through car parking lots.”
The tax is imposed on any house on sale for over $100,000 and on any property worth $65,000 or more. It hasn’t dissuaded outsiders from buying houses here, either. There’s been a real estate boom in the area since 2000. increasing revenues from the “preservation” tax, which in turn continues to make the region an appealing place to live.
174. What is the main topic of this article?CorrectIncorrect
175. What has the government NOT done with the revenue?CorrectIncorrect
176. In which situation would the tax apply?CorrectIncorrect
177. What is a benefit of the tax?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 178-180 refer to the following article.
UK citizens donated a record $12 billion in 2006, up 28 percent from 2005.
Analysts say that last year ‘s flood in Central America was the main reason for the sharp increase. In November last year, non-profit organizations around the “country spent weeks collecting donations to contribute to the emergency aid effort in that region.
The flood aid was reminiscent of another recent catastrophe – the earthquake that struck Southeast Asia in 2004. Donations to charities rose dramatically that year in response to the call for emergency aid. However, donations then dipped slightly in 2005.
In contrast to the sharp rise in donations between 2005 and 2006 , the number of people who donated money increased only one percent from the previous year. The Statistics Board reported that there were eight million donors nationwide in 2006. According to the Board, one household represents one donor.
Analysts say a steady inflation rate and an optimistic economic outlook helped to make mid-to-high income earners feel that they had more to donate.
178. What reason is given for the sharp rise in 2006 donations?CorrectIncorrect
179. What remained relatively constant between 2005 and 2006?CorrectIncorrect
180. According to the analysts, what accelerated the donation?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 181-185 refer to the following emails.
181. What kind of company is Bastion, Inc.?CorrectIncorrect
182. What is Mr. Young’s job?CorrectIncorrect
183. What is the purpose of the second email?CorrectIncorrect
184. When does Mr. Young expect production to be finished?CorrectIncorrect
185. How does Mr. Young satisfy Mr. Turner’s request?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 186-190 refer to the following email and letter.
To: Good Day, Inc. <[email protected]> From: Sanjay Singh <[email protected]> Subject: Request for Proposals #34b
This is in response to a recent request for proposals published in the Journal of Commerce seeking a supplier of recycled paper for your company’s line of eco-friendly greeting cards. My company is a wholesale supplier with a long tradition of producing recycled paper. We are based in India, but our customers are located around the world.
Due to our low production costs, the price of our exported paper is extremely competitive compared with your country’s domestic products. We further lower our costs by exporting in bulk to regional partners who keep and distribute our products.
Based on the quantities outlined in your request, we can offer you high-quality recycled paper suitable for greeting cards at the price of only $2 per ream. Please see the attached report for a breakdown of costs and the specifics of our premium paper.
We are currently the exclusive supplier of recycled paper products for eleven companies located in the United States and Canada. The names and contact information of our customers can be supplied on request. If your company accepts our proposal, we can make our first delivery within twenty days of notification.
Please contact me if you have any questions about our proposal. I look forward to hearing from you.
President and CEO
EcoSystems , Ltd.
Good Day, Inc.
1523 North Weller Boulevard
Seattle, Washington 98105
March 2, 2007
Bartholomew Building, M.G. Road Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Dear Mr. Singh:
This is to notify you that we have received your company’s proposal . Due to the large number of responses to our Request For Proposals, we won’t be announcing the winning proposal until the end of the month. We will be in contact with every company who submitted proposals at that time. Thank you for your patience.
186. What is the purpose of Mr. Singh’s proposal?CorrectIncorrect
187. What does Mr. Singh NOT mention as a competitive edge of his company?CorrectIncorrect
188. What kind of company does Ms. Lawrence work for?CorrectIncorrect
189. What is the purpose of Ms. Lawrence’s reply?CorrectIncorrect
190. The word “exclusive” in paragraph 4, line 1 of the email is closest in meaning toCorrectIncorrect
Questions 191-195 refer to the following memo and email.
191. What is the purpose of this memo?CorrectIncorrect
192. Why is the new software being installed?CorrectIncorrect
193. Who will receive this email?CorrectIncorrect
194. What is Ms. Copland’s complaint?CorrectIncorrect
195. What is Ms.Copland asking in the email?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 196 – 200 refer to the following letter and email.
7887 Akerley Blvd.
Plymouth, WV 10228
March 22, 2007
25 Rochester St.
Plymouth, WV 10293
To the Management,
We at Panacea Pharmaceuticals have received many positive reviews of your hotel’s conference rooms and related business services. Therefore, our company executives have decided to hold our annual training session at SleepWell Inn.
We would like to reserve a conference room for Tuesday. April 7 to Thursday, April 19 for morning sessions beginning at 9 a.m. and afternoon sessions ending at 4 p.m. We’ll need a room that can accommodate 45 people comfortably. Along with the conference room, we would like to order lunch for the three days of our session. We will also need a podium for our instructors, a microphone, and a sound system at our disposal throughout the day.
Please let me know at your earliest convenience whether your hotel can fulfill our request for the above-mentioned dates. If so, I would like you to send me a menu of lunch option for the three days we will be using the conference room. When you send these. please include a cost estimate for the entire service . I look forward to hearing from you.
Jennifer Romero, Director of Sales
Dear Ms. Romero,
It would be our pleasure to accommodate your company’s training session from April 17 to 19. Our cost estimate for three days is $1,620.
Conference room, capacity 50 $150/day
Standard lunch for 45 people $8/person = $360/day
Microphone and sound system $30/day
If you find our quote to be fair, I will go ahead with the arrangements. If you have another price proposal, we are open to considering it. According to your request, I’ve attached our lunch menu options to this email.
Duncan Martin, General Manager
196. What is the purpose of this letter?CorrectIncorrect
197. What will Panacea Pharmaceuticals do in April?CorrectIncorrect
198. How much will it cost to rent the equipment?CorrectIncorrect
199. What will Mr. Martin most likely do next?CorrectIncorrect
200. What does Mr. Martin NOT mention in his email?CorrectIncorrect