Full TOEIC Test 05
0 of 200 questions completed
200 Questions; Time Limit:120 mins
Hope you get good marks!!
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 200 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
- Listening 0%
- Reading 0%
PART 1 – PICTURE DESCRIPTION
QUESTIONS 1 – 10
PART 2 – QUESTIONS & RESPONSES
QUESTIONS 11 – 25
11. Mark your answerCorrectIncorrect
12. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
13. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
14. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
15. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
16. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
17. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
18. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
19. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
20. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
21. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
22. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
23. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
24. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
25. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
(File audio sau dùng cho các câu 26-40)
26. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
27. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
28. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
29. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
30. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
31. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
32. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
33. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
34. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
35. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
36. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
37. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
38. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
39. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
40. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
PART 3 – SHORT CONVERSATIONS
QUESTIONS 41 – 55
(File audio sau dùng cho các câu 41-55)
41. Where does this conversation most likely take place?CorrectIncorrect
42. What does the woman want to know?CorrectIncorrect
43. What will the man probably do next?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 44 – 46
44. What is the woman looking for?CorrectIncorrect
45. What did the man say he would do?CorrectIncorrect
46. Where are the speakers?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 47 – 49
47. How does the woman know the man?CorrectIncorrect
48. How long ago did the speakers last see each other?CorrectIncorrect
49. What does the woman say was one of her best times?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 50 – 52
50. Where is this conversation taking place?CorrectIncorrect
51. What time will the woman come back?CorrectIncorrect
52. Where does the man give directions for the woman to go?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 53 – 55
53. When did the woman receive the CD?CorrectIncorrect
54. What does the woman say about the CD?CorrectIncorrect
55. What does the man ask for?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 56 – 70
(Audio sau dùng cho câu 56-70)
56. What is the conversat ion about?CorrectIncorrect
57. Who is Steven Dowler?CorrectIncorrect
58. What does the man suggest to the woman?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 59 – 61
59. What is the purpose of the call?CorrectIncorrect
60. When is Mr. Collins going to be interviewed?CorrectIncorrect
61. What is Mr. Collins told to do?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 62 – 64
62. What are the speakers talking about?CorrectIncorrect
63. What does the man say about the expenses in Rome?CorrectIncorrect
64. What does Monica say she will do?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 65 – 67
65. Why did Mr. Conners call?CorrectIncorrect
66. What does the woman offer to do for Mr. Conners?CorrectIncorrect
67. Why does the man say he will call later?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 68 – 70
68. Who probably is the man?CorrectIncorrect
69. When did Ms. Martinez expect to receive the items?CorrectIncorrect
70. What will the man do next?CorrectIncorrect
PART 4 – SHORT TALKS
QUESTIONS 71 – 85
(File Audio sau dùng cho câu 71-85)
71. What is the main purpose of the telephone message?CorrectIncorrect
72. Who should be notified if a member cannot make it?CorrectIncorrect
73. What time does the book club usually get together?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 74 – 76
74. Who is the speaker?CorrectIncorrect
75. Where will the group probably have lunch?CorrectIncorrect
76. What does the speaker ask the group to do?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 77 – 79
77. What does the speaker say about the Abdocruncher?CorrectIncorrect
78. What was Jamie Hinds’ previous job?CorrectIncorrect
79. What will Jamie Hinds talk about?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 80 – 82
80. Why is Ms. Perry calling?CorrectIncorrect
81. When does the meeting begin?CorrectIncorrect
82. What problem does the caller talk about?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 83 – 85
83. What does the speaker say about today’s weather?CorrectIncorrect
84. What will probably happen this weekend?CorrectIncorrect
85. When will the next weather update be broadcast?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 86 – 100
(File audio sau dùng cho câu 86-100)
86. What does Fred want to celebrate?CorrectIncorrect
87. What is Fred unsure about?CorrectIncorrect
88. What will people probably do first?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 89 – 91
89. What is the report mostly about?CorrectIncorrect
90. How long will the repair work take?CorrectIncorrect
91. What does the speaker suggest the listeners
QUESTIONS 92 – 94
92. Who is this announcement for?CorrectIncorrect
93. What do the employees need to do before traveling?CorrectIncorrect
94. What are the employees on flights over five hours allowed to do?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 95 – 97:
95. What is the main subject of this report?CorrectIncorrect
96. According to the report , why was Stilton chosen?CorrectIncorrect
97. What did Mr. Ruiz announce?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 98 – 100:
98. What type of company does the speaker work for?CorrectIncorrect
99. What is suggested about the company?CorrectIncorrect
100. What do the clients like about the company?CorrectIncorrect
PART 5 – INCOMPLETE SENTENCES
QUESTIONS 101 – 140:
101. Discount coupons will be provided that —— you to enjoy savings ranging from 10 to 20 percent.CorrectIncorrect
102. Mr. Renon was asked to participate in a seminar entitled “How to Motivate the Staff ” ——————- the end of last month.CorrectIncorrect
103. All guests and delivery staff should first inform the security desk about which department they will be ——CorrectIncorrect
104. Experts in the financ ial industry are now ——— concerns over the decline in investment activities.CorrectIncorrect
105. Bearing Industries currently offers the most ——– salaries, which attract many of the industry’s most skilled and talented engineers.CorrectIncorrect
106. Although we are happy that Brian and his team won the award for best design, we still believe that the award should have been ——— .CorrectIncorrect
107. Policymakers are coming up with alternatives ———— a limited supply of housing will not drives price up sharply.CorrectIncorrect
108. Camping Moose has long been recognized for its —————- outdoor leisure services.CorrectIncorrect
109. Only one lucky customer will be the ——————– of this week’s prize of a holiday for 2 to Japan.CorrectIncorrect
110. Those researchers to —————— assignments have been given will be at the meeting to discuss the new project.CorrectIncorrect
111. Any child under the age of 12 can enter the competition by ———– a well-written essay about themselves and their family.CorrectIncorrect
112. In ———– with the terns of the agreement with other distributors, all shipping fee will not be charged for the next 3 months.CorrectIncorrect
113. These coupons can be used ——————– any particular item displayed in this store only during the month of October.CorrectIncorrect
114. The local tourism associations suggested that restaurants plan to increase their advertising ———–prior to the holiday season.CorrectIncorrect
115. I would like to assure you that there are several ways to promote _____ services to prospective customers.CorrectIncorrect
116. —————– those with outstanding job performance ratings will be considered for the promotion.CorrectIncorrect
117. Most companies have regulations that ———— how much they should spend on advertising for a year.CorrectIncorrect
118. Mr.Brent is waiting for an ——— about the estimated delivery and installation date from the supplier of the new computers.CorrectIncorrect
119. After looking through all the resumes , we —— separated the applicants with potential from those that did not meet all the requirements for the position.CorrectIncorrect
120. Most employees thought that Ms. Chin’s argument in favor of using a different agency to plan the conference was very ——————————-CorrectIncorrect
121. This manual provides ——– on how to operate your new microwave oven properly.CorrectIncorrect
122. We should employ a new accountant as soon as possible before the situation becomes ——–CorrectIncorrect
123. The staff at this tourism center often receive compliments on their ——– of local attractions from visitors.CorrectIncorrect
124. Competent and ———————- , Maggie Brown was an obvious choice to replace Mark as chairperson of the committee following his retirement.CorrectIncorrect
125. The software company’s technical service will be ——– throughout the remainder of the week due to unexpected problems.CorrectIncorrect
126. We ‘ve tried to improve the speed with which we serve the food in our restaurant, but we continue to receive —– from customers.CorrectIncorrect
127. These gift vouchers are to be used ——– for the purpose of buying yourself a new CD player for your car.CorrectIncorrect
128. The bus company is ____ that it shares any responsibility for the accident on Main Street last Monday evening.CorrectIncorrect
129. ——— much you try to avoid speaking about this month’s low sales figures, you will need an explanation for the meeting with the sales manager this afternoon.CorrectIncorrect
130. I think that Sharon prefers to work ——– herself, but unfortunately this project will only succeed if each person on the team fulfils his or her role.CorrectIncorrect
131. Sales associates from all over the world are ——- to convene at the convention center located in Chicago .CorrectIncorrect
132. The only reason why the new policy on removing paper cups from the building is failing is that nobody seems to follow the required ——— .CorrectIncorrect
133. Owing to some notable experts , the technical problems have been resolved more ——– than anticipated .CorrectIncorrect
134. Today will be a busy day because senior managers will have to complete their ——- of all junior managers.CorrectIncorrect
135. Ms. Butler said in the interview that her professional success was attributed to her ——— work ethic.CorrectIncorrect
136. This survey shows an overwhelmingly positive response to our updated magazine from ——– 200 readers.CorrectIncorrect
137. Don’t forget to bring the notebook computer an extra printer to the workshop to make things easier for everyone.CorrectIncorrect
138. The holiday package we decided on is very costly, but the price is ——– of all flights, accommodations, and transfers to the airport .CorrectIncorrect
139. A ——- measure that restricts cars from using the faulty bridge was announced last night.CorrectIncorrect
140. ——— the unexpected demand for training on the new invoicing system, the HR Department will arrange another session which all staff will attend.CorrectIncorrect
PART 6 – INCOMPLETE TEXTS
Questions 141-143 refer to the following letter.
Best Adventure Tours 12 Oriel Rd.
Thank you for ——— Best Adventure Tours to make your dream holiday a reality. We will do our
best to make your holiday a great adventure. Your family is scheduled to _____ at 8 AM on
March 12. Please arrive at the international airport by 5 AM that day. We need to confirm the ——— details before you check in.
Lastly, please look over the enclosed information pack, which includes maps, contact details, and other items that we recommend you bring on your trip.
We hope you have a great trip!
Best Adventure Tours
Questions 144-146 refer to the following memo.
To: All staff members
From: Miles Giljam
Re: New coffee machines
Date: September 2
Our director of staff relations is pleased to announce that we have ——- EspressoDelite
to put coffee machines on each floor of our building. The company will start the installation on Monday morning. One machine will be placed in the lobby, and each floor should have three machines by the end of the week . We hope that all employees will enjoy the new coffee machines. The coffee machines will be working —— all times , allowing anyone to use them
when necessary.The workers may make some noise over the next week while putting in the machines, so we ask you to be patient , and we apologize for any inconvenience that ——–
because of this.
Questions 147-149 refer to the following letter.
Please accept my apology for taking so long to —— the detailed itinerary for your trip to Aust
I finally have some good news. The details of your trip will be confirmed by the end of this. Until then, here is your tentative —————-
December 2: You will arrive in Sydney at 6:00 PM. Your tour guide, Michael Smith, will you at the airport and drive you to your hotel.
December 3: You will be taken on a special bus tour of the city, including a tour of the C House, from 10:00 AM to 5:00PM .
December 4: Mr. Smith will collect you at your hotel at 7 AM and take you to the airport. flight for Melbourne will depart at 9:00 AM. You will arrive in Melbourne at 11 AM. You guide, James Sill, will take you from the airport to your hotel. At 1:00 PM, Mr. Sill will co1 your hotel and drive you to the Yarra River for a lunch cruise.
The manager of the tour company in Melbourne , Ms. Julia Peters, is organizing the itinera Melbourne. She will contact you with the final schedule at a ——- time.
December 7: You will fly back to Sydney from Melbourne.
December 8: You will fly home from Sydney.
Questions 150-152 refer to the following memo.
To: All Planet Ark Employees
From: Thorliss Bird
Subject: Training session in August
You are in.vited to attend a special training session on project management skills in August. Planet Ark has grown in the past year, both locally and internationally. We must continue to meet expectations in all areas , but especially in the ——– area of customer service.
Therefore, we have asked Melissa Ridges, a well-known expert in project management, to present this training session. Ms. Ridges is the former project manager of World Bank, Inc. and has taught at the City Business School for the last two years. This training session _____ the
need for better project management skills. It will benefit our company in every ______ , from time
management to improved customer satisfaction and even employee well-being. The training sessions will be held three days a week throughout August from 9:00AM to 1:00PM, after which lunch will be served.
Directions: In this part you will read a selection of texts , such as magazine and newspaper,articles, letters, and advertisements. Each text is followed by several questions. Select the best answer for each question and mark the letter (A), (B), (C) , or (D) on your answer sheet.
Questions 153-154 refer to the following notice.
Attention: All Employees
All employees must wash their hands and arms before beginning work and after using the toilet. This includes food preparers, dishwashers, servers, and anyone else who has contact with food, food utensils, or food equipment. As a general rule, bare-hand contact with ready-to-eat food (e.g. sandwiches , salads , fruit, bread, etc.) should be avoided by all employees. This can be done through the use of utensils such as tongs, tissues , forks, scoops, or gloves. Food preparers may touch ready-to-eat food with their bare hands when necessary provided they strictly adhere to the hand-washing req irements. Servers are specifically prohibited from touching ready-to-eat food with their bare hands. Let’s keep our workplace clean and safe!
153. Where would one most likely see this notice?CorrectIncorrect
154. What are servers not allowed to do?CorrectIncorrect
Question 155-156 refer to the following card:
Edward Pines Animal Clinic
1210 Mulberry Road
Oregon, IL 61062
Dear Mr. Adam Campell
This is just a reminder that your cat, Pickles, is scheduled for an examination (purpose: 2nd injection following an eye operation) with Dr.Nick Edgings of th on May 16th at 4:30 PM on the 2nd floor of the Edward Pines Animal Clinic. We ask that you arrive at the clinic approximately 10 minutes before your scheduled appointment time in order to complete a question sheet before the examination; please ensure that your pet is secured by a leash or in a carrying case. If you have any questions regarding your appointment, please call William Piper at 555-3456.
155. For whom is this card intended?CorrectIncorrect
156. According to the card, what is the appointment for?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 157-158 refer to the following invitation
Ensure that you have top-notch negotiating skills
Negotiation is your opportunity to demonstrate your commitment (and our company’s) to long-term relationships to maximize value for both parties. Good negotiation skills can increase the level of trust and credibility you have with your customers. The following checklist provides key preparation points for your next negotiation.
– Do not begin negotiations unless you’ve had the opportunity fully to present your proposition to the customer.
– Be certain you’re dealing with a person with the authority to negotiate and make decisions.
– Know in advance at what point the agreement is no longer beneficial to you and our company and be prepared to walk away.
– Be prepared to be patient.
Of course, these are just the basics. If you sign up for our free educational seminar, you will have the opportunity to learn a great deal more about the art of negotiation. Call Tim in Human Resources (ext. 5646) and reserve your space now.
157. What does the notice say is a benefit of good negotiation skills?CorrectIncorrect
158. What is NOT mentioned as a part of preparing for a negotiation?CorrectIncorrect
159. What should people do if they want to learn more?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 160-163 refer to the following letter.
345 Reed Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 1910
Dear Ms. Fleming:
Allow me to begin by saying that it was a genuine delight to have met and interviewed you this past Tuesday. All the members of the interview panel were deeply impressed by your professional demeanor. In addition, you are certainly the most qualified candidate we met, and for this reason it gives us great pleasure to offer you the position of researcher at our new branch in Austin, Texas.
We would like to ask you to start in your position on March 2. Please report to Mr. Ian Lain, the senior manager of our Austin branch, at 9 AM that day, and he will provide you with your orientation. For your convenience, Ihave enclosed a copy of the general employment contract with this letter. The contract contains details regarding your annual incentives, vacation and medical benefits package. Please review it, and, if all is acceptable, sign and return it to me by post at your earliest convenience.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact me, and Iwill do my utmost to respond in detail. On behalf of everyone here at Jules & Andrews, Iwould like to welcome you to the team.
160. What is mentioned about Jules & Andrews?CorrectIncorrect
161. To whom should Ms. Fleming report in Austin?CorrectIncorrect
162. What is Ms. Fleming asked to do?CorrectIncorrect
163. What is NOT mentioned as being included in her contract?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 164-166 refer to the following information.
2008 International News Media Conference
Presentation Topic Presenter Biographical Note Venue Freedom of the Press
in the Middle East
Azzaman Daily Newspaper, Iraq
Opportunities in the New
Terry Pederson Executive Director of VG
The Tabloid room:
Opportunities or Threat?
Ake Lunder Senior Editor of Berlingske
New Visual Stategies
Jean Mounier Head of Photography, Agence
France Presse, France
164. Where would this information most likely be found?CorrectIncorrect
165. Which speaker works with photographs?CorrectIncorrect
166. Where will Terry Pedersen be making his presentation?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 167-168 refer to the following article.
Goldberg rejoins Generex as senior VP
Herbert Goldberg will join Generex Video in the position of senior vice president effective Decem.ber 14. With responsibility for all of Generex Video’s activities, Goldberg will report to Lance Brown, the CEO of the Generex Entertainment Corporation. He will be based in Los Angeles.
Goldberg originally joined Generex Video in 1997 and served as director of sales before moving to the VIP Entertainment Group, where he was the VP of International Sales. Upon his return to Generex Video, he will take over responsibilities for the home video division and will also inherit the responsibilities of semor sales VP from George Seinfeld, who departs the company on December 10.
Several other Generex executives have chosen to leave the company during the recent period of restructuring, including Marketing VP Susan Hewitt and Investor Relations VP
167. What can be inferred about Herbert Goldberg?CorrectIncorrect
168. Who is NOT known to be leaving the company soon?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 169-171 refer to the following notice.
Notice to all patients:
You have rights under federal laws that ensure the protection of your health information.
• You can ask to get a copy of your medical records.
In most cases, copies must be given to you within 15 days. You may have to pay for the cost of copying and mailing if you make such a request.
• You can make corrections to your health information.
You can ask to change any wrong information in your file or add information to your file if it is incomplete. In most cases, the file should be changed within 30 days of your request.
• You can control how your health information is used.
In general, your health information cannot be used or shared with third parties unless you give your permission by signing a specific authorization form.
This is a brief summary of the protection provided under federal health privacy law.
169. What is the purpose of this notice?CorrectIncorrect
170. How could others access your personal information?CorrectIncorrect
171. According to the notice, where can one receive additional information?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 172-175 refer to the following e-mail.
To: Helen Sparks
From: Margaret Poole
Subject: Membership Infor
Date: March 15
Dear Ms. Sparks,
Thank you for your inquiry regarding membership in the Cancer Research Society. We are pleased to send you a Cancer Research Society membership application.
There has never been a better time to join the Cancer Research Society, the world’s largest organization of scientists dedicated to the treatment and ultimate cure of cancer. Your membership includes an automatic subscription to Cancer Research Quarterly and The Journal of Health Online, providers of the latest research news and state-of-the-art features . Membership also provides eligibility for various grants and awards from the Cancer Research Society as well as discounts on additional scientific journal subscript ions.
Attached is additional information on the society’s programs and services along with an application form and membership payment form . Please refer to the attached fact sheet for further details on membership categories and advantages . Remember that your curriculum vitae must accompany your application. If applying for student membership , proof of enrollment in a degree-granting institution is also required.
Again, thank you for your interest in the Cancer Research Society.
172. Why was the e-mail sent to Ms. Sparks?CorrectIncorrect
173. What is NOT an advantage joining the Cancer Research Society?CorrectIncorrect
174. What information is included in the fact sheet?CorrectIncorrect
175. What additional document should Ms. Sparks submit?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 176-180 refer to the following letter.
Department of lmmigration
& Multicultural Affairs
3 Lonsdale Street
12 Dunstan Bay
Winnipeg. MB R3V 1B4
Dear Mr. Cesario:
RE: Grant of Working Holiday Visa
This is to advise that you have been granted a Working Holiday Visa for entry to Australia. This visa allows you to make your initial entry into Australia no later t.llan 12 months from the date that the visa was granted. Your initial entry into Australia must be no later than February 28 next year.
Once in Australia. this visa permits you to stay in Australia for 12 months from the date that you first enter Australia. It allows you multiple re-entries to Australia, which means that you can leave and re-enter Australia as many times as you wish during the prescribed 12-montb period.
Please note that your Working Holiday Visa is subject to two main conditions:
-You must not be employed by any one employer for more than 4 months consecutively;
– You must not engage in any formal studies or training for more t.llan 2 months
It is very important that you understand and abide by your visa conditions. If you fail to abide by these conditions, your visa may be cancelled, and you will be required to leave Australia. If you do not understand your visa conditions, please contact the Australian consulates in either Toronto or Vancouver for advice before you travel.
We hope that you enjoy your stay in Australia.
Hobart Rhodes General Manager
DIMA Visa Processing Center
176. What information is the letter announcing?CorrectIncorrect
177. How soon must Mr. Cesario act on the contents of the letter?CorrectIncorrect
178. The word “initial” in paragraph 1, line 2 of the letter is closest in meaning toCorrectIncorrect
179. Where does Mr. Rhodes work?CorrectIncorrect
180. What should Mr. Cesario do to receive more information?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 181-185 refer to the following letter and email.
502 Tacoma Avenue
Seattle. WA 98104
Dear Ms. Bates,
Thank you for your resenation request of May 2. It is a pleasure to inform you that your seat reservations for the May 27 performance of Swan Lake have been confirmed and that two tickets (Section B1) are enclosed with this letter. Please ensure that the tickets are in line with your reservation request.
As you know. the National Dance Theater of Seattle celebrates its fiftieth anniversary this year. Over the decades, we have focused on offering superior performances on a par with troupes around the world in both ballet and contemporary dance. This season, we are proud to offer both classic ballets and contemporary works. We have developed a total of 34 ballets. including full-length ballets such as Cinderella, the utcracker. and Esmeralda. By offering these diverse experiences, we are able to create enriching programs that meet the wide range of requests we receive from our audiences.
[f you would like to change your reservation. please call me at 555-3853. e-mail me at dschulenburg(a,udts.com. or visit our ticket office on the main level of the theater building. Thank you again for your interest in our performances. We look forward to seeing you at the National Dance Theater of Seattle.
To: Diane Schulenburg
From: Danielle Bates
Subject: Ticket Exchange
Dear Ms. Schulenburg ,
Thank you for sending my tickets to me. If possible, would I be able to exchange these tickets for the same performance on May 25? Also, I would like to request one additional ticket. I have a friend who will be visiting me that day from out of town, and that particular ballet is her favorite. Please let me know if it is possible to exchange the tickets . I look forward to your reply.
181. What is the purpose of the letter?CorrectIncorrect
182. ‘”What is NOT mentioned as a way of changing reservations?CorrectIncorrect
183. The word “focused” in paragraph 2, line 2 of the letter is closest in meaning toCorrectIncorrect
184. What is the favorite ballet of Danielle Bates’s friend?CorrectIncorrect
185. When would Ms. Bates like to see the play?CorrectIncorrect
186. What is the purpose of the article?CorrectIncorrect
187. In what role did Mr. Young spend most of his career?CorrectIncorrect
188. The word “oversaw ” in paragraph 1, line 6 of the article is closest in meaning toCorrectIncorrect
189. What will Mr. Young probably do at the Marquis Hotel?CorrectIncorrect
190. Who is Terrance Kent?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 191-195 refer to the following advert isement and e-mail.
For a limited time only, Odyssey Travels is proud to offer all-inclusive tour packages to several exotic destinations. All the tour packages include airfare, accommodations, and all entrance fees to museums and parks. As an added bonus, if you reserve a tour before the end of the month, you will receive a free upgrade from economy to business class.
Package 1: See the ancient temples, gardens, and treasures of historic Athens. Package includes a 6-night stay at the Sandrine Hotel as well as a free one-day Saronic Gulf boat tour.
Package 2: Explore the tropical delights of Hawaii with this 6-day/5-night package that includes accommodations with an ocean view and vouchers for daily therapeutic massages. This is an ideal package for those looking to escape the long cold winter.
Package 3: Live the high life in Monte Carlo with our “007” package, which includes a suite at one of Monaco’s finest hotels. This package offers luxury and excitement to those with discerning tastes.
Package 4: Explore exotic Egypt and the Nile from Cairo to Alexandria. One-week’s accommodations aboard a top-of-the-line cruise ship as well as day tours to mysterious ruins are all part of this package.
Take advantage of these once-in-a-lifetime opportunities for relaxation and adventure. Call 1-800-555-3466 now to reserve your dream vacation!
Please note that reservation changes or cancellations must be made at least three weeks prior to scheduled departure dates, or penalty charges will be applied.
To: Preston Michaels
From: Brigett Pannier
Subject: Reservation #0972351
Date: January 12
Dear Mr. Michaels,
I made a reservation for my husband and myself this past December for your Monte Carlo vacation package. We are scheduled to depart next week. An unexpected problem at my office, however, forces me to postpone this trip for at least one week. Accordingly, I hope to change my reservation to February 1. Please contact me at 555-3856 to let me know if this would be possible. I look forward to your reply.
191. What is NOT included in the packages?CorrectIncorrect
192. What special benefit is offered for early reservations?CorrectIncorrect
193. What can be inferred about Brigitte Pannier?CorrectIncorrect
194. What is the purpose of the e-mail?CorrectIncorrect
195. For which package did Ms. Pannier make a reservation?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 196-200 refer to the following email and memo.
To: All Employees
From: Regina Lloyds
Re: Education Programs
Date: August 22
I wanted to let you know that WAG ‘s HR Department has finalized the schedules for a number of education programs that may be of interest to many of you.
First, we will be offering the Computer Literacy Program from 9 AM to 12 PM on September 10. Participation is optional, but I think we could all benefit from a refresher course in basic computer literacy and troubleshooting for Windows and Microsoft Office applications.
From 3 PM to 5 PM on September 12, we have prepared a beginner’s Spanish language proficiency session for employees working with our new clients in Barcelona. Regular intermediate and advanced classes are being organized for October.
Finally, we offer the First Aid & CPR Training Program from 2 PM to 4 PM on September 19. In the past, this program was provided only to incoming employees , but we have decided to open it to all employees this year.
If you would like to sign up for one or more education programs, please complete the online registration form from the company’s HR intranet site. If you have any quest ions, feel free to send me an email or call me at extension #8535.
To: All Employees
From: Jason Burns, VP of Human Resources
I believe that everyone has seen the email regarding September ‘s education programs that was sent out by our HR Director yesterday afternoon . Hopefully, everyone will find these programs useful and relevant in your work as well as in your daily lives. This year, senior management has decided that all employees of WRG Design must attend the training program scheduled for September 19. Accordingly, we will schedule two additional sessions of this program on September 20 and 21 at the same time as the first. If anyone is unable to attend these sessions because of previously scheduled business trips or important appointments,please contact Regina Lloyds as soon as possible so that she can arrange additional sessions later in the month. All registration forms for the education programs are to be submitted no later than August 29 to Regina Lloyds’s assistant , Helen Spencer. Your cooperation in this matter is appreciated , and I hope you enjoy the training.
196. What is indicated in the e-mail?CorrectIncorrect
197. What is Regina Lloyds’s job title?CorrectIncorrect
198. What is the purpose of the memo?CorrectIncorrect
199. What does the memo suggest?CorrectIncorrect
200. What does Jason Burns ask employees to do?CorrectIncorrect