Full TOEIC Test 06
0 of 200 questions completed
200 Questions; Time Limit:120 mins
Hope you get good marks!!
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 200 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
- Listening 0%
- Reading 0%
PART 1 – PICTURE DESCRIPTION
QUESTIONS 1 – 10
PART 2 – QUESTIONS & RESPONSES
QUESTIONS 11 – 25
11. Mark your answerCorrectIncorrect
12. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
13. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
14. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
15. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
16. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
17. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
18. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
19. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
20. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
21. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
22. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
23. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
24. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
25. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
(File audio sau dùng cho các câu 26-40)
26. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
27. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
28. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
29. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
30. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
31. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
32. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
33. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
34. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
35. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
36. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
37. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
38. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
39. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
40. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
PART 3 – SHORT CONVERSATIONS
QUESTIONS 41 – 55
(File audio sau dùng cho các câu 41-55)
41. What are they discussing?CorrectIncorrect
42. How many days did the woman spend in Nice?CorrectIncorrect
43. How did the woman spend most of her time in Nice?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 44 – 46
44. What is the woman doing?CorrectIncorrect
45. Where most likely is this conversation taking place?CorrectIncorrect
46. What does the woman request the man to do?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 47 – 49
47. Where did the speakers last see each other?CorrectIncorrect
48. What can be known about the speakers?CorrectIncorrect
49. What most likely is the man’s occupation?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 50 – 52
50. Who most likely is the man?CorrectIncorrect
51. When will the woman come back to see the man?CorrectIncorrect
52. What will the woman do next?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 53 – 55
53. In which department will the woman most likely work?CorrectIncorrect
54. What does the woman say she is impressed with?CorrectIncorrect
55. Who will the woman meet tomorrow?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 56 – 70
(Audio sau dùng cho câu 56-70)
56. When will the woman leave for her trip?CorrectIncorrect
57. Who will most likely make the presentation?CorrectIncorrect
58. What will the woman do next?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 59 – 61
59. Why is the speech being delayed?CorrectIncorrect
60. When was the opening speech supposed to be given?CorrectIncorrect
61. What does the woman ask the man to do?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 62 – 64
62. What did the woman do this morning?CorrectIncorrect
63. What problem is being addressed by the man?CorrectIncorrect
64. What does the man ask the woman to do?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 65 – 67
65. Who most likely is the woman?CorrectIncorrect
66. When was the man’s original appointment?CorrectIncorrect
67. Why can’t the man come back tomorrow?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 68 – 70
68. Who is the woman?CorrectIncorrect
69. What does the woman request?CorrectIncorrect
70. When will the man call the woman back?CorrectIncorrect
PART 4 – SHORT TALKS
QUESTIONS 71 – 85
(File Audio sau dùng cho câu 71-85)
71. Where does Pauline work?CorrectIncorrect
72. Why is the caller leaving the message?CorrectIncorrect
73. What was the original order of passion fruit cheesecake?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 74 – 76
74. What does the speaker mention about the starting part of their trip?CorrectIncorrect
75. What will the listeners do once they reach the. Mt. Bogong picnic area?CorrectIncorrect
76. What does the speaker remind the listeners?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 77 – 79
77. According to Ms. Darby, what is one of the responsibilities she enjoys?CorrectIncorrect
78. Who is Ms. Darby?CorrectIncorrect
79. What will the listeners do next?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 80 – 82
80. What is the purpose of the message?CorrectIncorrect
81. How long will each class session last?CorrectIncorrect
82. What does the speaker say she could do if her request cannot be met?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 83 – 85
83. What is the weather forecast for the day?CorrectIncorrect
84. What is the current temperature outside?CorrectIncorrect
85. According to the forecast, what is going to
happen on Wednesday?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 86 – 100
(File audio sau dùng cho câu 86-100)
86. Who is Mr. Robert Jackson?CorrectIncorrect
87. When did the project begin?CorrectIncorrect
88. What is mentioned about the new center?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 89 – 91
89. When did the decision to make the upgrade take place?CorrectIncorrect
90. What will happen during the project?CorrectIncorrect
91. How long is the project expected to take?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 92 – 94
92. For whom is the announcement intended?CorrectIncorrect
93. How can one be reimbursed for local travel expenses?CorrectIncorrect
94. In which of the situations can an employee use a company corporate card?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 95 – 97:
95. Why is the schedule being changed?CorrectIncorrect
96. How long will the planes be delayed?CorrectIncorrect
97. What is being offered to the passengers?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 98 – 100:
98. Which of the following products does the company most likely make?CorrectIncorrect
99. To what does the speaker credit the company’s success?CorrectIncorrect
100. Who is listening to the talk?CorrectIncorrect
PART 5 – INCOMPLETE SENTENCES
QUESTIONS 101 – 140:
101. The Internet service company asked some members of the public to answer a survey about how often they use ——- computers each week.CorrectIncorrect
102. You can purchase ticket for the outdoor concert either online ————– by phone.CorrectIncorrect
103. Catriona Matthew ———— many business strategies for a number of newspapers and magazines until her retirement in 2006.CorrectIncorrect
104. It is important for all members of the project team to —————– tomorrow’s meeting.CorrectIncorrect
105. During his business trip next week, James will be ————- checking his e-mail from the hotel.CorrectIncorrect
106. Many applicants strongly responded to the announcement of some career ———- in the Marketing Department.CorrectIncorrect
107. Dr. Hopkins will be —- some research on nutritional supplements and general health in the elderly.CorrectIncorrect
108. Arranging for AV equipment in all conference rooms is the —— of the event organizers .CorrectIncorrect
109. ——— searching for an outside course to take to learn the new software , the director decided to train everyone himself .CorrectIncorrect
110. The service improvement campaign at KE, Inc. held during the past year was —– because of comments made by investors and customers.CorrectIncorrect
111. One of the important requirements for the position of research manager is ———— laboratory experience.CorrectIncorrect
112. The position of sales director is open only to —- who have worked for the company for three or more years .CorrectIncorrect
113. _____ did the monitors arrive three days late, but they were also badly damaged.CorrectIncorrect
114. When making a decision about ——— a company, job seekers should try to find out about the organization’s long-term growth prospects.CorrectIncorrect
115. The North African Business Association hopes to have its new website ____ by the end of next week.CorrectIncorrect
116. ____ yellow sand season is coming, it is important to remember to keep doors and windows shut.CorrectIncorrect
117. Eric Hogge’s ——— in both marketing and sales make him the perfect candidate to lead the new project.CorrectIncorrect
118. When the quarterly report is ———– , the director will make a presentation for the board of directors.CorrectIncorrect
119. ——- the final sales figures have not yet been confirmed , there are indications that the new product line of soaps is successful.CorrectIncorrect
120. The new plant which was built in Nagoya last month uses the —– technology and environmehtatly friendly materials.CorrectIncorrect
121. The construction industry in the city of Edmonton is experiencing a tremendous boom ——– the arrival of a large number of new residents .CorrectIncorrect
122. Employees and their families are invited to —— the annual company outing this Friday.CorrectIncorrect
123. Now that loan interest rates have dropped, the prices of houses have once again become —— for most people.CorrectIncorrect
124. Users’ responses to the updated software program have been ——- positive.CorrectIncorrect
125. In their advertisements, most companies emphasize the strength and ____ of their products.CorrectIncorrect
126. ____ employee interested in participating in the workshop should contact Nick Watney in the Human Resources Department.CorrectIncorrect
127. All super intendents are required to ____ to the safety regulations stated in the manual when working in the factory.CorrectIncorrect
128. You will receive a final invoice showing the total cost of your holiday ____ ten weeks before your departure.CorrectIncorrect
129. Sales of Nurian monitors decreased —— after the manufacturer raised the price by 15 percent.CorrectIncorrect
130. The social housing authority has finally decided to offer first-time home buyers limited financial ___ from next year.CorrectIncorrect
131. Before ——- a new marketing campaign, the marketing director thoroughly questions staff members about potential problems.CorrectIncorrect
132. Nowadays, most companies ——- staff members from using the Internet for personal business during working hours.CorrectIncorrect
133. The Compton Company is expecting an overall decline in tourism this year ——— plans to host an international soccer tournament, which will attract thousands.CorrectIncorrect
134. The staff members who have their security pass cards are —— to use all of the facilities in this room.CorrectIncorrect
135. The New Frontier Group Limited is involved in the manufacture, sale, and ____ of its own electronic products.CorrectIncorrect
136. The figures in the annual financial report have ——- the investors disappointed because they have decreased for three consecutive years.CorrectIncorrect
137. The opening performance of the Royal Theater ‘s play was received ____ by critics than the producers had originally anticipated.CorrectIncorrect
138. The marketing team had to delay the marketing project after the initial plan was ——— by the director.CorrectIncorrect
139. After Ted Bishop ——- the skills for his job, his supervisor asked him to help organize next year’s convention plan.CorrectIncorrect
140. Many pharmaceutical companies think that the search for a new vaccine takes ——– over all other medical research.CorrectIncorrect
PART 6 – INCOMPLETE TEXTS
Questions 141-143 refer to the following letter.
From: [email protected]
Date: Aug 24
Subject: Out of Stock
Concerning your order made August 23, I am sorry to inform you that the mouse you are interested in purchasing is currently out of stock. However, we will be able to order the mouse for you from the manufacturer ————— the next week.
If you are interested in this ————-, please reply to this email and provide your telephone
number. We will ————- you when the item becomes available for delivery.
I look forward to your response.
Gl Shopping Mall
Questions 144-146 refer to the following email.
To: Dr. Javier Macalabe [email protected]
From: Dr. Jean Firma [email protected]
Subject: Last Night’s Seminar
Last night, some of our doctors attended the seminar —— at the Regal Resort and organized
by the Health Services Group. As you requested, I am sending you a few lines reporting on the event.
Most of the doctors from this center who attended the event enjoyed the speakers and were satisfied with the fact that ————- they learned will help them to provide our patients with better
service. However, we must say that the representatives from the medical insurance company were a bit disappointing as they were unable to answer some important questions we asked.
Next month’s seminar will be held at the Diamond Hotel, and the Health Services Group is expecting over 300 participants. Two of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the country will talk about their research on new drugs.
The Health Services Group has held these types of seminars as well as training courses for 20 years and has a good reputation among the professionals in the field. However, for future seminars, we should look more ____ at the seminar topics and the presenters.
Questions 147-149 refer to the following article.
Yesterday at its annual shareholders’ meeting, ABA Shipping said that it would centralize its freight control operations near its headquarters in Hong Kong. ____, it operated several
localized freight control centers.
However, improvements in communications technology and increasingly competitive marketplaces have ——- the company to centralize its operations.
The headquarters will utilize state-of-the-art technology to ——— the locations of shipments
and to manage the company’s numerous shipping schedules. The operations staff will be able to check on weather conditions and alternate shipping routes using this new technology.
An ABA Shipping spokesperson said that, with this strategy, the company will not only increase its market share but will also improve customer satisfaction. ABA Shipping anticipates that its earnings will increase 10% this year.
Questions 150-152 refer to the following letter
Mr. Roger Chang
T-Office Furnishings, Inc.
4830 Kimbark Ave
Chicago, IL 60635
The purpose of this letter is to briefly introduce myself as Dynamic’s new sales representative for business accounts. I very recently joined the company and am——- your account from
Ami Noguchi, who has moved on to other challenges in this industry.
I have just completed Dynamic’s management orientation program and am now keen to meet face-to-face with all of my key customers. Accordingly, as the first step in my customer familiarization process, I would like to meet with you personally, for about an hour or so, to discuss T-Office’s needs and concerns. At the same time, I would also like to take that opportunity to briefly review Dynamic’s latest offering of products and services.
____ up a meeting at your convenience, I propose to call your office by the end of this week.
It is my hope that we will be able to arrange to meet at your office before the end of the month. As your new business account representative, I believe that my paramount concern is ———–
both Dynamic, Inc. and I can better serve T-Office Furnishings, Inc.
I look forward to meeting you and learning more about your company in the near future.
Senior Sales Representative
Questions 153-154 refer to the following information.
Lunch: 11 a.m – 5 p.m
Dinner: 5 p.m. – 10 p.m.
Breakfast: 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Dinner: 3 p.m.- 9 p.m.
In addition to our regular menu, we offer the following daily specials just for $10.99:
Monday: Pasta Primavera
Tuesday: Vegetables Stir-fry
Wednesday: Seafood Stew
Friday: Fish and Chips
We have live entertainment on Wednesday and Thursday evenings.
Making a reservation is suggested for Friday and Saturday evenings.
153. When does dinner start on Tuesdays?CorrectIncorrect
154. What is mentioned about Thursdays?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 155-156 refer to the following notice.
Upton Medical Supply Company StaffWelcome Lunch
From 11:30 A.M. to 1:30 P.M.
Third Floor Cafeteria
Every staff member at Upton is invited to a lunch that will welcome all of our recently hired
employees. Employees who plan to attend should contact Maria Gray in the Staff Training Office by no later than noon on May 8. Food will be provided free of charge.
155. What is the purpose of the event?CorrectIncorrect
156. According to the passage, what will happen on May 9?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 157-158 refer to the following job advertisement.
The Newville Weekly, the community newspaper, has a need for a full-time manager in the Advertising D partment. A successful candidate will be outgoing and organized as well as familiar with the Newville area. A minimum of five years of experience in selling advertisements is preferred. We are offering a highly competitive salary and benefits package,. Inicrested candidates should send their resume along with a cover letter and a list of three references to Tricia Mead, Managing Editor at The Newville Weekly, at triciamead®ne\vvilletimes.org.
157. What position is being advertised?CorrectIncorrect
158. Which of the following is mentioned as a requirement for the job?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 159-161 refer to the following press release.
Montgomery City Public Pools to Reopen in June
May 15 – The Montgomery City Department of Health is pleased to announce that the renovations on two of the city’s public swimming pools are now completed. Both pools are scheduled to reopen in June.
After failing its quarterly water inspection last year, the pool at Phillips Center was shut down by city employees. During the course of its renovations, the pool’s water filtering system was entirely replaced, so it is no longer considered a hazard to the public. The pool will be available for use by the public on June 15. Additionally. the expansion of the pool facilities at Freemont Center is now complete. The expansion was made possible when th city purchased an abandoned lot adjacent to the center. It is now the borne of a 50-meter outdoor swimming pool. Meanwhile, the indoor pool had all of its tiles replaced while both a cafeteria and fitness center were constructed in the center. Patrons will be able to use the facilities starting June 20.
The city’s three other recreation centers – Fountain, Thomas, an Highlan View ar du t underg renovation nex year.
159. What is the main topic of the press release?CorrectIncorrect
160. Which of the following is NOT new at Freemont Center?CorrectIncorrect
161. What was the problem at Phillips Center?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 162-164 refer to the following article.
New Restaurant to Open
CENTERVILLE – Giovanni’s Bistro will open its doors on Friday, 23 April. Giovanni’s is a welcome addition to the many fine dining establishments in Centerville’s riverfront district. Head chef and owner Umberto Giovanni said, “Giovanni’s specializes in the cuisine typical of the region around Venice in northeast Italy. This delicious yet fairly unfamiliar cuisine is what sets us apart from neighboring restaurants. Customers can expect to enjoy the highest quality meats, fish, and seasonal vegetables. Our goal is to make our customers happy and to keep them coming back on a regular basis”
Giovanni, formerly the head chef at Lago’s, began making a plan to open his own restaurant in Centerville three years ago. He looked at several properties around the area but was set on a riverfront location. He purchased a former textile warehouse building and had it repaired. Giovanni said, “I worked with designers and restoration experts to make sure that many of the original construction elements were preserved in order to pay homage to the great history of this area.”
Giovanni’s is beautiful inside and out. It remains to be seen whether the food will resonate with Centerville’s residents though. Giovanni’s Bistro will be open for lunch and dinner every week from Tuesday to Sunday. The menu will offer customers good value: The average price of a dinner is below that of meals at comparable restaurants in the district.
162. What is the purpose of the article?CorrectIncorrect
163. What is NOT mentioned about Giovanni’s Bistro?CorrectIncorrect
164. What is suggested about Mr. Lewis?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 165-167 refer to the following email.
From: Melanie Davis
Sent: Monday, Otober 9, 12:48 PM
To: Steven Alvarez
I know that we have a meeting scheduled for Tuesday where we’re planning to discuss the company’s recent sales numbers, but I’m afraid I’m going to have to cancel on you. Something else has come up. You remember Leslie Prescott from the Detroit office, don’t you? She just informed us that she’s visting tomorrow to talk about next year advertising campaign. It’s an all-day affair, so there’s simply no way we can meet. In addition, I’ve got a marketing conference to attend in New York on Wednesday and a buget meeting in Philadelphia on Thursday. So, how does Friday look for you? I’ll be back from Chicago by then. If you’re not available on that day, then let me know about your availabitity for the following week, and I’ll se if we can find the soonest mutually acceptable time for us to meet. I’m terribly sorry about notifying you at the last moment, but i just found out about tomorrow’s visit a short time ago.
165. What’s the purpose of the email?CorrectIncorrect
166. When will Melanie Davis meet with Leslie Prescott?CorrectIncorrect
167. Where does Steven Alvarez most likely work?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 168-171 refer to the following letter.
The Sunshine Hotel
7765 Powderhouse Road
Houston, TX 77654
7789 Lakeview Point
Houston, TX 77654
Dear Mr. Martinez
The purpose of this letter is to confirm your reservation of the Regency Ballroom at the Sunshine Hotel. The room is booked for you on Wednesday, April 14, from 6 P.M. to 9 P.M. When you made the reservation, you indicated that approximately 125 people would be in attendance at the retirement banquet you are holding. I have made a note of this in our records. However, I request that you provide me with a definite number of attendees no later than April 7.
In order to secure your reservation, we require that you submit a $500 deposit by February 1. We accept cash, checks, and credit cards. Should you pay the deposit by check, we ask that you make it payable to the Sunshine Hotel. If your preference is to use a credit card, call me anytime during regular office hours, and Ican process your payment over the telephone.
Our head chef is in the process of creating a new menu for special events. I will send it to you upon its completion in a couple of weeks. Once you receive the menu, all you have to do is select the meals you want served at the banquet, note how many of each you will need, and then return the menu to me.
We look forward to having you and your party as our special guests in April. If there is anything I can do to make sure that your event goes as smoothly as possible, do not hesitate to call me at 1-888-7659-0998, extension 5455.
Banquet Service Manager
The Sunshine Hotel
168. What is the purpose of this letter?CorrectIncorrect
169. By which date does Ms. Chung need to know the number of guests who will attend the event?CorrectIncorrect
170. What does Ms. Chung promise to send to Mr. Martinez?CorrectIncorrect
171. What is NOT included in the letter?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 172-176 refer to the following article.
It was a mere one month ago that Witold Taszeki was, to the surprise of virtually everyone, selected as the recipient of the Fenway Prize. He was awarded his prize last night. During his acceptance speech, the Polish writer, who had previously been little-known outside of his homeland, claimed to have been as shocked as everyone else when he was announed as the winner. “I will probably remain in shock for the rest of my life” he joked to the 800 members of the audience. Yet, he swiftly added, “This is an honor I will always cherish.”
Despite having authored more than thirty novels, the sixty-five-year-old writer has not enjoyed fame for the majority of his life. When he wrote his first book at the age of 25, he claimed, “I would have been pleased even if it had only sold a single book.” During the first 25 years of his career as an author, he worked at night while supporting his family as a legal clerk during the day. It was his time at this job that prompted him to explore the dual themes of social justice and compassion. These two elements dominate much of his work. “Because my works tend to be philosophical in nature and lack action scenes, the market for them is fairly small,” he noted. Yet this is going to change soon. Ever since he was announced as the winner of the Fenway Prize, he has received numerous offers to translate his works into English and other languages. He has already signed a contract to translate his latest work, The Trials of Alexander, into four languages.
The Fenway Prize is an annual award given to authors who have created works of artistic achievement which are concerned with social issues. The prize is named for Arthur Fenway, a federal judge from Boston who established the International Justice Foundation in 1952 to address various issues of global inequality.
172. Which of the following is correct about Witold Taszeki?CorrectIncorrect
173. The word “enjoyed” in paragraph 2, line 2 is closest in meaning toCorrectIncorrect
174. How old was Mr. Taszeki when he published his first book?CorrectIncorrect
175. Which of the following is a requirement for the Fenway Prize?CorrectIncorrect
176. What is suggested about the books Mr. Taszek i has written?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 177-180 refer to the following email.
From: Marcus Tan <mtan_singapore .com>
To: Worldwide Office Solutions Singapore Team <mtan_singapore.com>
Date: August 12, 08:35:43
My name is Marcus Tan, and I am the Senior Project Manager in the Research and Development Department. Currently, one of my teams is in the process of developing ergonomic office supplies for left-handers. As you are no doubt aware, the large majority of office supplies on the market have been designed with right-handed individuals in mind. Unfortunately, this makes it difficult for the approximately 5% of the population who are left-handed to both write and carry out certain tasks, even simple ones like using scissors.While there are some left-handed products available, there is most certainly a lack of them, and there is definitely a market for more creative and high quality products.
At present, we have three prototypes which have reached the testing phase: a pair of scissors, a notebook, and a computer mouse. Prior to having these products undergo formal testing, we would prefer to conduct an internal pretest right here at the company. We would appreciate it if any employees – particularly our left-handed ones – volunteered to participate in a one-hour testing session to be held during the week beginning on August 23. The testing sessions will take place in the Product Research Department,which is located on the third floor. We hope that our volunteers will be able to provide input as to the comfort and ease of use of each item. We are also curious as to whether or not our products provide an advantage over those which are already on the market.
Employees willing to volunteer should call Joyce Lau, Product Research Coordinator, at extension 203 to schedule a testing session.
Research and Development Department
177. What is the main purpose of the email?CorrectIncorrect
178. According to the email, what does the market need?CorrectIncorrect
179. What does Marcus Tan wish to receive information about?CorrectIncorrect
180. What are interested people asked to do?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 181-185 refer to the following letter and email.
Arco Music Magazine
Calmaro Avenue 1603
Dear Ms. Batnag,
Per our discussion, I attended the International Gujarat Violin Competition yesterday and took several photographs that I feel are approriate for publication in your magazine.
I have enclosed the pictures I took and have labeled each one with a name as well as a brief description of the scene it depicts. For your convenience, the information is summarized below:
Picture Name Picture Description
Finalist The finalists in the competition
Laury-1 The winner, Christine Laury, playing her last concerto
Laury-2 Ms. Laury at the awards ceremony
Laury-3 Ms. Laury shaking hands with the competition director, Anton Gupta
Judges The judges discussing a performance
I hope that you will see fit to include at least one of these photographs in your upcoming article on the competition.
From: Frances Batnag
Date: April 14, 13:05:40
Dear Ms. Rocamora,
Thank you for your recent submission of photographs from the International Gujarat Violin Competition. Upon a review of your photographs with the rest of our editors, we decided that “Laury-3” would be perfect for our front page. Additionally, we are going to feature “Laury-1” and “Judges” in the article about the competition which one of our reporters is currently writing.
We would like to offer you our standard payment of $220 per picture. Please contact me to let me know if the financial compensation is satisfactory. Upon your acceptance, I will send a contract to you to sign.
Arco Music Magazine
Calmaro Avenue 1603
181. Why did Ms. Rocamora contact Ms. Batnag?CorrectIncorrect
182. What did Ms. Rocamora send with her letter?CorrectIncorrect
183. What does Ms. Batnag want to publish on the front page?CorrectIncorrect
184. What does the email suggest about Ms. Batnag?CorrectIncorrect
185. What does Ms. Batnag probably want Ms. Rocamora to do next?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 186-190 refer to the following email and its response.
Date: June 15
To: Amy Foster
From: Ako Nakata
Subject: Your Schedule
As we discussed earlier, your schedule for the trip to our headquarters and research laboratory is as follows:
June 22 – Headquarters, Kobe
9:00- 10:00 AM: Meeting with Ms. Endo. Chief Financial Officer
10:15 – 11:30 AM: “Strategic Planning for the New Century” presented by Ms. Nari, Assistant Director
Noon – 1:00 PM Luncheon
1:30 – 3:30PM: Board Meeting
4:30 – 6:30PM: Transportation by car from Kobe to 0saka
June 23 – Research Laboratory, Osaka
1:30- 3:30PM: Workshop for product development. hosted Dr. Duke
3:45 – 4:45PM: Meeting wit Mr. Mufine, Semor Manager for Research and Development
6:30 – 8:00PM: Dinner hosted by Mr. A hina, Vice President
Please Jet me know when your flight will be arriving. I will personally pick you up at ltami Airport and then drive you to Kobe. If you have any questions, feel free to get in touch with me.
I wish you a safe and pleasant trip.
Date:June 18, 9:21 AM
To: Ako Nakata
From: Amy Foster
Subject: [RE] Your Schedule
Dear Ms. Nakata,
Thank you for forwarding my planned schedule. As for my travel arrangements, I am arriving on Flight JK 173 at 6:05 PM on Monday, June 21. I will be returning to Los Angeles on June 25. The schedule looks fine, but I wonder if there will be time for me to meet Dr. Jane Martin in Osaka on June 23. We are collaborating on a project, and I need some time to speak with her in person. If you can consult with her and then add her to my schedule, I would appreciate it. Thank you for all of your help. I look to meeting you next week.
186. What is the purpose of the first email?CorrectIncorrect
187. What is Ms. Foster NOT scheduled to do?CorrectIncorrect
188. How will Ms. Foster travel to Osaka?CorrectIncorrect
189. When will Ms. Foster arrive at ltami Airport?CorrectIncorrect
190. Who will Ms. Foster see in the evening on Monday?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 191-195 refer to the following article and letter.
ROME, ITALY – Last Tuesday, April 23, was a landmark occasion for the numerous university students all across Europe interested in living and working in Italy after they graduate. The reason was that the first Jobs in Italy Career Fair was held in Rome on that day.
The event attracted more than fifty companies. Many of their representatives, particularly those from firms in the science and technology sectors, were eagerly recruiting some of the talented individuals who attended.
The fair, a one-day event, began at 9 AM and ended at 5 PM. More than 300 students attended, and many of them, in addition to being able to submit their resumes, were interviewed on site .
The fair organizers proclaimed it a success and stated that they expected approximately 100 of the attendees would be offered jobs. The organizers further stated that they intended to hold a second fair in Verona on May 10 thanks to the success of this event.
Sanders Laboratories *Via Oriana * Rome, 187 * Italy
Ms. Anne Craig
189 Imperial Road
After considering your application and subsequent interview at the Jobs in Italy Career Fair in Rome last month, it pleases me to offer you a posit ion as a jun ior researcher at Sanders Laboratories’ Rome office. Should you accept our offer, you will receive a competitive salary and our standard benefits package , which includes health insurance, five weeks of vacation a year, and ten days of paid sick leave.
As a medical researcher, you will be responsible for working on the development of various vaccines. After your first year of employment, your position will be reevaluated. Subsequently, we shall determine whether you should remain at the Rome laboratory or be transferred to one of our offices abroad .
We would like for you to begin work on July 15. Accordingly, we need a response from you by June 15.
In closing, please allow me write that I truly enjoyed meeting and speaking with you at the job fair last month. I hope that you will accept our offer of employment. I look forward to hearing from you soon .
191. According to the article, what is NOT correct about the career fair?CorrectIncorrect
192. In the article, the word “landmark ” in paragraph 1, line 1 is closest in meaning toCorrectIncorrect
193. Which of the following does Mr. D’Ambrosio indicate?CorrectIncorrect
194. On which date did Ms. Craig and Mr. D’Ambrosio most likely first meet?CorrectIncorrect
195. What does Mr. D’Ambrosio ask Ms. Craig to do?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 196-200 refer to the following report and email.
SCHNEIDER HOME TECHNOLOGIES
EMPLOYEETRAVEL EXPENSE REPORT
Employee: Mark Carr
Purpose: At my supervisor’s request, I conducted a product demonstration for some store owners interested in selling our products.
Date(s) of Trip: May 19-21
Type of Expense Amount Notes
Hotel -none Paid for by client
Daily meals $250
Signature: Mark Carr
Supervisor’s signature: Ruth Bernstein
I have attached the receipts from my business trip to Miami. I am aware of the fact that I should have submitted my expense report by the May 26 deadline. I apologize for not doing so. However, my supervisor was out of the office all week long while attending a conference last week, so I could not get her to sign my report until this morning. I hope you can reimburse me for the funds I spent as soon as possible. Both Ms. Bernstein and I are in our offices all day long today, so you can feel free to contact either of us should you have any questions.
Date: May 28, 11:20 AM
From: Shelly Wallace
To: Mark Carr
Cc: Kyle Riley
Subject: Business Expenses
Thank you for submitting your expense report, along with all of your receipts, this morning. There is no need to be concerned about having missed the deadline. Ms. Bernstein had already alerted me of her plans to be away from the office from May 21-27, so I was not expecting your report until sometime this week. Iam actually pleased that you got it to me first thing in the morning.
Everything in your report looks to be in order with one minor exception. You failed to provide a receipt for the last item which was listed on your report. I’m sure this was just an oversight on your part. Please get me this receipt as soon as you can. Otherwise, I will not be able to pay you back any of the money until the next reimbursement period, which occurs at the end of July.
Please note that, as of tomorrow, I will be out of town for the next two weeks. If you need any assistance while I am away, you can call Kyle Riley at extension 2186.
196. Why did Mr. Carr submit the report?CorrectIncorrect
197. What did Mr. Carr’s supervisor ask him to do in Miami?CorrectIncorrect
198. Why was Mr. Carr unable to submit his report by May 26?CorrectIncorrect
199. Which item in the report requires additional documentation?CorrectIncorrect
200. What is indicated in the email?CorrectIncorrect