Full TOEIC Test 07
0 of 200 questions completed
200 Questions; Time Limit:120 mins
Hope you get good marks!!
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 200 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
- Listening 0%
- Reading 0%
PART 1 – PICTURE DESCRIPTION
QUESTIONS 1 – 10
PART 2 – QUESTIONS & RESPONSES
QUESTIONS 11 – 25
11. Mark your answerCorrectIncorrect
12. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
13. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
14. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
15. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
16. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
17. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
18. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
19. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
20. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
21. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
22. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
23. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
24. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
25. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
(File audio sau dùng cho các câu 26-40)
26. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
27. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
28. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
29. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
30. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
31. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
32. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
33. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
34. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
35. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
36. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
37. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
38. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
39. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
40. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
PART 3 – SHORT CONVERSATIONS
QUESTIONS 41 – 55
(File audio sau dùng cho các câu 41-55)
41. What does the man ask the woman to do?CorrectIncorrect
42. When will the man meet with the board members?CorrectIncorrect
43. What will the woman do first?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 44 – 46
44. Where do they most likely work?CorrectIncorrect
45. Who is going to bring the pictures?CorrectIncorrect
46. What will the woman most likely do next?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 47 – 49
47. Who most likely is the man?CorrectIncorrect
48. What is the problem?CorrectIncorrect
49. What does the woman request?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 50 – 52
50. Who is Mr. Terrance?CorrectIncorrect
51. What does Mr. Terrance want to know?CorrectIncorrect
52. What will happen this Friday?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 53 – 55
53. How does Mr. Williams know Mr. Harris?CorrectIncorrect
54. What does the man say he will do for the woman?CorrectIncorrect
55. When is Mr. Williams scheduled to give a speech to the salespeople?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 56 – 70
(Audio sau dùng cho câu 56-70)
56. What is the purpose of the man’s call?CorrectIncorrect
57. What does the woman say she has to do?CorrectIncorrect
58. When does Ms. Lee say she will be available to start?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 59 – 61
59. According to the article, what is the company planning to do?CorrectIncorrect
60. What is the man most concerned about?CorrectIncorrect
61. When will they most likely be notified about the change?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 62 – 64
62. What does the woman advise the man to do?CorrectIncorrect
63. What did Sarah say to the woman?CorrectIncorrect
64. What will happen in New York during the week the speakers are there?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 65 – 67
65. What has happened to the company’s sales since last year?CorrectIncorrect
66. What does the woman think is the main reason for the problem mentioned?CorrectIncorrect
67. According to the woman , how can the problem be solved?
QUESTIONS 68 – 70
68. Where will Raphael go this morning?CorrectIncorrect
69. Where will the speakers meet Raphael?CorrectIncorrect
70. Why does the man ask the woman to call Raphael?CorrectIncorrect
PART 4 – SHORT TALKS
QUESTIONS 71 – 85
(File Audio sau dùng cho câu 71-85)
71. Who most likely is Steve?CorrectIncorrect
72. When does the speaker want to meet with Susan?CorrectIncorrect
73. What does the speaker wish to address the listener about?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 74 – 76
74. What is the report mainly about?CorrectIncorrect
75. What happened on Friday?CorrectIncorrect
76. What did the spokesperson announce?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 77 – 79
77. Who most likely put the evening’s event together?CorrectIncorrect
78. What did John Walkley achieve last year?CorrectIncorrect
79. What does the speaker say about John?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 80 – 82
80. What is the main role of the speaker?CorrectIncorrect
81. What does the speaker say could be improved?CorrectIncorrect
82. What will they do next?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 83 – 85
83. What is the announcement mainly about?CorrectIncorrect
84. What does the speaker suggest the listeners do?CorrectIncorrect
85. According to the speaker, when will the situation be resolved?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 86 – 100
(File audio sau dùng cho câu 86-100)
86. Where is the parade now?CorrectIncorrect
87. What is attracting people to the parade in record
88. According to the police, what should those coming to the parade do?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 89 – 91
89. When is the dust storm expected to hit the city?CorrectIncorrect
90. Why does the weather bureau ask the citizens NOT to lake trips if necessary?CorrectIncorrect
91. According to the speaker, who should stay indoors tomorrow?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 92 – 94
92. Who most likely is the speaker addressing?CorrectIncorrect
93. What is the talk mainly about?CorrectIncorrect
94. What is implied about some of the workers at the company?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 95 – 97:
95. How long will the program last?CorrectIncorrect
96. How can one enroll in a class?CorrectIncorrect
97. What should a listener do to get more information?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 98 – 100:
98. Who most likely is giving the talk?CorrectIncorrect
99. What is the speaker doing?CorrectIncorrect
100. Where is the talk taking place?CorrectIncorrect
PART 5 – INCOMPLETE SENTENCES
QUESTIONS 101 – 140:
101. The existing law which applies to every case requires equal treatment for all, ——– race, religion, or sex.CorrectIncorrect
102. Employees should —– trust nor believe other employees, since people are only out for themselves.CorrectIncorrect
103. The first month of the course —— participants with an overall understanding of criticism in general.CorrectIncorrect
104. Today a lot of manufacturing firms have been too ____ about investment, opting to amass cash reserves instead.CorrectIncorrect
105. There are many folk cultures on the island, which are ———- distinct from the mainland.CorrectIncorrect
106. I —— at a summer camp in New York last summer and enjoyed supervising a group of four children.CorrectIncorrect
107. It was the first time James felt that he had achieved something, which is pretty difficult by ——–CorrectIncorrect
108. In recent years there has been a continuously growing concern over the effects of the use of ——- fertilizers.CorrectIncorrect
109. ——- for the extra positions at SIO company are required to possess at least ten years of experience in the field.CorrectIncorrect
110. During the war, a lot of companies in Japan were able to add ——- to their wealth by selling deadly weapons.CorrectIncorrect
111. The issue regarding the Automated Instant Debit program will be discussed —– detail at the upcoming conference.CorrectIncorrect
112. ——- minor it is, you should report any car accident to the headquarters as soon as it happens.CorrectIncorrect
113. A large number of people living in the countryside depend directly or indirectly ————– tobacco business.CorrectIncorrect
114. The recent scandal, which is closely related to the political corruption, definitely ——- to their defeat in the last election.CorrectIncorrect
115. Only a few government ministers reached a 24-month agreement which was newly revised, ——- from January 1.CorrectIncorrect
116. YP International is ——- carrying out projects to develop gas mines in Oman, Vietnam and Myanmar.CorrectIncorrect
117. In order to —– cutting-edge stem cell breakthroughs to humans, they should be inexpensive and provide consistent results.CorrectIncorrect
118. The friendship and cooperation in vast fields will enable both sides —— further and learn the wider world.CorrectIncorrect
119. Grace Airlines plans to spend $60 million ____ seats on 12 of their medium and large sized aircraft by the end of 2008.CorrectIncorrect
120. The other banks are going to be very eager to help, ____ they see that he has a specific plan.CorrectIncorrect
121. The report written by the marketing department showed that overall prices are up 7.5% ____ the previous quarter.CorrectIncorrect
122. ——- all those applying for the new opening position, Ms. Elizabeth was the most experienced candidate.CorrectIncorrect
123. My strict supervisor tends to always lock our desk before he is leaving his office ——- that nobody can steal anything.CorrectIncorrect
124. It has a major impact ____ the production of banana cultivators and is widespread in Asia, Africa, Australia, South America and many other regions.CorrectIncorrect
125. MK, one of the promising car manufacturers, is becoming extremely ——- in the U.S. market, expanding their budgets for lobbying.CorrectIncorrect
126. The MWCK, ——- in 2004, is the country’s first state-funded center for migrant workers although it is not so powerful as to advocate their right.CorrectIncorrect
127. From 2008, a female worker will be ——- for the childcare leave while her child is under three years of age.CorrectIncorrect
128. Chinatown is known as the center of commerce and culture for Chinese immigrants, as well as a place to ___ them of their homeland.CorrectIncorrect
129. ——- the bad apples and throwing them out will prevent the whole barrel from rotting.CorrectIncorrect
130. Cadets have to ——- 199 credits for graduation, compared to the average of 130 credits at most local universities.CorrectIncorrect
131. The —— of these ancient burial grounds has given us a lot of useful information about their culture.CorrectIncorrect
132. As mentioned ——— in the annual general meeting, these observations raised many questions on the causes of insomnia.CorrectIncorrect
133. We are looking—— tourist guides who have broad knowledge of the European history to work in England in the summer months.CorrectIncorrect
134. The new committee established by many special prosecutors unanimously —– to accept the offers and fulfill them immediately.CorrectIncorrect
135. All employees in our factory are going to receive a special bonus this month because sales ——– the third quarter reached a record high.CorrectIncorrect
136. All the details on the recent project should be completed ——- to the departure of our delegation on April 8, 2007.CorrectIncorrect
137. The board of directors decided to take —— action to minimize the damage caused by the cancellation of the upcoming convention.CorrectIncorrect
138. All people who want to make international calls by using the pay phone need to dial the ——- code first.CorrectIncorrect
139. The money is among the highest ever paid for a first novel, and is —— more unusual when the writer’s background is considered.CorrectIncorrect
140. The nation’s economic growth rate —— sharply over the next five years if there is no special obstacle.CorrectIncorrect
PART 6 – INCOMPLETE TEXTS
Questions 141 – 143 refer to the following business letter.
Thomas R. Smith Drivers Co.
3489 Greene Ave.
Olympia, WA 98502
Dear Mr. Smith,
I was very ——– to read your letter of August 17 dealing with the issue of incorrectly produced
publicity leaflets. As someone who values your business, I have already begun to find a ———-
to resolve this problem.
My top photographer will call you to arrange an appointment at your earliest possible convenience to retake photos in full color. Also, we will deduct another 15 percent of the bill for the misunderstanding. Thank you for your ——– .
Questions 144 – 146 refer to the following infonnation.
Companies are constantly downsizing and offering earty retirement to employees ——- are
near retirement age. You can make this less traumatic if you do some planning before it happens. ——— at your financial situation and clear up any major debts, put back money for
emergencies, don’t fall victim to credit card debt, and live ———- your means.
Questions 147 – 149 refer to the following information.
As the Holidays wind down, many people will be ____ what to do with their Christmas Tree.
If you have a real Tannenbaum, you can send back to the
earth from which it came ____ recycling it.
More and more communities are operating programs to recycle real Christmas Trees for a specific purpose. In a recent ____, 69% of consumers reported recycling their real Christmas Tree In such a local program.
Questions 150 – 152 refer to the following advertisement.
Air & Cargo is a ____ one-stop shopping global transport logistics service that
provides everything you need from freight forwarding, customs ____ and third party
logistics through to brokerage, supply chain management and Letter of Credit services.
Globally, from the Americas to China, we import and export product around the world, from a single door-to-door parcel ____ container loads of dangerous goods.
PART 7: READING COMPREHENSION
Questions 153 – 154 refer to the following advertisement.
Eugene’s Pizza House (3% sales tax for all orders)
Eugene’s Pizza House (3% sales tax for all orders)
Small Medium Large Eugene’s Sausage Combo $10.20 $14.50 $18.90 Sweet Potato & Beef Special $8.00 $9.50 $12.50 Vegetarian Special $7.50 $11.40 $16.50 Super Meat Combo Special $11.50 $15.30 $19.70
• Take-outs welcome
• Call 230-3745 until 10 p.m. for free delivery.
153. Which small size pizza is the cheapest?CorrectIncorrect
154. Which pizza is intended for people who can’t eat meat?CorrectIncorrect
155. Which of the following is NOT shown on the menu?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 156 – 158 refer to the following notice.
10th Annual Motor Show
Spellman Convention Center
More than 200 domestic and imported car manufacturers will display their 2007 product lines.
For exhibitor & sponsor information: http//www.spellmanmtshow.com
156. How many days will this show last?CorrectIncorrect
157. How often does this convention take place?CorrectIncorrect
158. What can be learned from the event website?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 159 – 162 refer to the following notice.
An auction of Christie is supposed to open on Friday, 13 October 2007, beginning at 7:00p.m, in the Michigan Convention Center. The doors will open to public for one-hour auction preview in advance.
Items for the auction include the following :
• 1973 red BMW coupe
• 1998 Harley Davidson motorcycle
• Various Belgium carpets
• Leather jackets
• Chinese silver utensils
• Tea cup collection
If you want to know further information, please contact the Association of Christie’s Auction at 550-7789.
159. What is the purpose of this notice?CorrectIncorrect
160. Which of the following is NOT included in the items list?CorrectIncorrect
161. Where will this event take place?CorrectIncorrect
162. Why will the doors open to the public before the auction?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 163 – 164 refer to the following notice.
Our quarterly company picnic will be held at Uncoln Park on this coming Saturday, April 15th. All employees are encouraged to bring their family.
The board of directors decided that Uncoln Park is the appropriate location for this picnic. We will have a barbecue party there.
After lunch, we will enjoy a variety of outdoor activities such as canoeing along the Jefferson River, swimming in the river, and playing soccer on the playground. You can enjoy whatever you want. We also will prepare a range of events such as musical chairs, balloon tosses and singing and dancing contests.
163. What is the purpose of this notice?CorrectIncorrect
164. Which of the following activities is NOT mentioned as being available at the picnic?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 165 – 166 refer to the following notice.
We are an international trading company and are now looking for bilingual native German speakers to help us. If you are employed, you can work as a customs document clerk. University degree is a must, a lot of previous experience will be preferred. Position includes 2-month employee training period. Please, send your resume right now to German Trading Company, 356 Monica St. Washington. For further information, call Steve at 560-4576 or email us at [email protected]
165. Which of the following is NOT true?CorrectIncorrect
166. According to the memo, what should employees do?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 167 – 168 refer to the following memorandum.
To: All company employees From: Personnel Department Subject: Retirement of CEO
After thirty five years with our firm, our CEO, Jack Wallace will retire from his position. We absolutely know that Jack’s tireless work, creative ideas and excellent leadership abilities which played an extremely important role in making our company, S&J one of the leading companies in the industry.
He will still work as a member of the board of directors after his retirement. His last day is next Friday. So we will have a retirement party for him. Please, join the party to say good-bye to our most cherished member. We wish Jack the best of luck.
167. What did Jack do at S&J?CorrectIncorrect
168. What will Jack do after his retirement?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 169 – 171 refer to the following letter.
Mr. Samuel Adams
134 Oak Street
Concord NH 32487-136
Dear Mr. Samuel,
We are very happy to receive your letter of application for a position with First Trading. Unfortunately, we will not open in the Concord area at this time, but we definitely need a sales manager based in the Boston area who can be in charge of that part of area. If you want to be considered for this position, please fill in the application which is enclosed and return it to us. Also, please let us know if you will be able to meet with us 2:00 on Tuesday or Wednesday of the first week of February.
I look forward to your reply.
First Trading Personnel Manager
169. Why isn’t Samuel being hired to work in Concord?CorrectIncorrect
170. Where does the personnel manager want Samuel to work?CorrectIncorrect
171. What does Samuel need to do first if he wants to work in Boston?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 172 – 175 refer to the following e-mail.
Dear Mrs.Sophia Lauren,
Hi, I received your e-mail of today March 7, requesting a change in reservation plans.
Because your flight was overbooked, you want to change your current reservations from Wednesday, March 20- Friday,March 22 to Friday, March 22 – Sunday, March 24.
Although Idefinitely changed your reservation as you wished, your confirmation number has not changed.
If you need to make any further changes, you don’t need to send me e-mail any more.You can just visit our website at http://www.hotelshell.com and change whatever you want by clicking the ‘Reservation’ link. You can access reservation information by entering your confirmation number. No additional fees will be added if your changes are made 36 hours before the check-in date.
It will be very easy to check if your changes are correct, because conf irmation will be e-mailed automat ically to you immediately.
Thanks for choosing Hotel Shell. We are looking forward to serving you soon.
172. Why does Sophia need to change her reservation?CorrectIncorrect
173. What is the purpose of this e-mail?CorrectIncorrect
174. What is necessary when confirming reservation changes online?CorrectIncorrect
175. What should Sophia do if she doesn’t want to pay for extra fees?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 176 – 180 refer to the following information.
4th ANNUAL Reno RIVER FESTIVAL MAY 10-13,2007
The Reno Festival is set for another year of world-class kayaking on the Truckee River in downtown Reno, NV., May I0-13, 2007. Now in its 4th year, the festival has quickly evolved into one of the nation top kayaking competitions, drawing pros from around the world. The festival showcases kayaking, demos, clinics, live music and an expo featuring the hottest products on the market.
All of the action will unfold in the heart of downtown Reno at the Truckee River Whitewater Park and a River Walk district that is brimming with hip new restaurants, cafes, lounges, bars, shops and galleries.
The Truckee River offers a dynamic water experience year-round and the Reno Tahoe region provides many other adventure attractions including golf, skiing, hiking and biking trails, lakes and a selection of art museums and galleries , just minutes from downtown and the Reno-Tahoe International Airport.
The 2007 Festival will include:
* Open Freestyle
* Instructional clinics with the pros
* Barbecue Food & Beer Party
* Live “play by play” announcers , DJs and music
* Industry Expo and Product Demo
The Reno River Festival was featured on National Public Radio on May 12, 2006.
176. What is the purpose of this information?CorrectIncorrect
177. What can not be seen in this festival?CorrectIncorrect
178. How many times has the festival been held already?CorrectIncorrect
179. How long does this festival last?CorrectIncorrect
180. What information is NOT included in the information?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 181 – 183 refer to the following e-mails.
From: [email protected]
To: Trevor Lennon
Subject: Digital camera repair
Dear Mr. Trevor,
We got your digital camera and found that it has some mechanical problems so we think it needs some repairs. Because your camera is still under warranty, you don’t need pay for parts. However, you must cover the labor.
The total will come to $24.90, including $3.40 tax. Absolutely, the shipping cost will be included. If you confirm that you agree with us, we will proceed with the work. You may pay by credit card, money order, or bank wire.
We appreciate for using our service. We are looking forward to hearing from you soon.
From: Trevor Lennon
Subject: Re: Digital camera repair
Thank you for your e-mail. Could you make the necessary repairs to my digital camera? I would like to pay by credit card so I’ll drop by your service center on this Thursday afternoon.
Please just let me know if my camera repair has been sent out.
181. What is the purpose of Mr. Trevor ‘s e-mail?CorrectIncorrect
182. What can be covered by the warranty?CorrectIncorrect
183. When will Mr. Trevor pay?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 184 – 188 refer to the following warranties
Limited Lifetime Warranty
MSR Snowshoes are guaranteed against defects in materials and workmanship without time limit. Return shipping charges to the consumer for repaired products are covered. Should a product be found defective under this warranty, we will repair it or replace it at our option.
This warranty applies only to the original purchaser. Proof of purchase is required. Products purchased from an independent dealer should be returned to the dealer for forwarding to MSR. Shipping cost to MSR is the responsibility of the purchaser.
Before Sending In Your Repair?
Always contact us prior to sending anything in for service.
• Include your name, complete address, phone number and a brief note or packing list with your gear.
Failures occuring due to a manufacturing defect, within the warranty period of respective items, will be repaired/ replaced at no charge. Parts will be charged at current retail prices. All repairs carry a 90-day warranty against defects in materials or workmanship. Return shipping and handling charge is an additional $5 for most items.
MSR Product Service Center
Hours: M-F 8:00 a.m – 4:00 p.m.
184. Which of the following is NOT the reason MSR guarantees against defects for?CorrectIncorrect
185. What should the purchaser do if a damaged product was purchased from an independent dealer?CorrectIncorrect
186. Which one of the following does NOT need to be included with the returned product?CorrectIncorrect
187. How much will the repair parts cost?CorrectIncorrect
188. Which of the following company information is NOT included in this warranty?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 189 – 192 refer to the following information.
Welcome to the Kingsbridge lnfonnation Center
We are your official holiday guide for accommodation, restaurants, beaches, shopping, business and attractions in and around Kingsbridge and the South Hams.
We can help you plan your next holiday or short break in this beautiful area of South Devon.
Please click on the links to your left to view our extensive range of accommodation and information about the area and local events.
Whatever your interest – beautiful beaches, stunning scenery, fine food, charming towns and villages, golf, walking, sailing – Kingsbridge in Southernmost Devon has it all and so much more.
Want to know who we are and what we do?
We are the accredited Information Centre for the town, are self financing and non-profit making.
We work as a team of 5- Rose Stainton, and four part-time members, Karen Witts, Anne Lowe, Jinx Martin and Fiona Edmonds.
Our aim is to provide a comprehensive and accurate service to our residents and the visitors who come to our area from all over the world.
If we can be of any assistance please contact us by telephone 015-4885-3195 or e-mail [email protected]
The office is open throughout the year-7 days in the summer and 6 days in the winter a week and our opening times are:
Monday 9.00 a.m. – 5.30 p.m.
Saturday Sundays 10.00 a.m. – 4.00 p.m.
Monday – Saturday 9.00 a.m. – 5.00 p.m.
189. What kind of an official guide is Kingsbridge lnfonnation Center for?CorrectIncorrect
190. If you want to visit the infonnation center on a Monday during winter, which of the following times will the office NOT be open?CorrectIncorrect
191. Who is the full-time team member?CorrectIncorrect
192. Where is Kingsbridge?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 193 – 196 refer to the following information.
The government watchdog, The Food Standards Agency, has announced targets for reducing salt in a range of food products.
The move is designed to cut average daily salt intake in the diet, as too much salt is linked to high blood pressure, which can increase the risk of heart attacks and strokes.
What should we do?
Dr. Wynnie Chan, a nutrition scientist for the British Nutrition Foundation, says that everybody should look to reduce the amount of salt in their diet.
“It would have a significant effect on those people who need to reduce their salt levels because they are susceptible to hypertension, but it would also do no harm for the whole population to reduce its salt intake,” she said. Dr. Chan said there were four main ways to reduce salt intake:
• Stop adding table salt to food once it is served
• Choose items with a reduced sodium content
• Carefully monitor the salt content of processed food
• Eat more fruit and vegetables – they contain potassium which balances the effect of salt on the body
Reading food labels can be confusing as they often give the sodium, rather than the salt content of food. To calculate the amount of salt in a product, multiply the sodium content by two and a half times.
193 What is the target of the Food Standards Agency’s announcement?CorrectIncorrect
194. Why did the Food Standards Agency design this plan?CorrectIncorrect
195. Who is Dr. Wynnie Chan?CorrectIncorrect
196. What should people do to calculate the amount of salt in a product?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 197 – 200 refer to the following articles.
Smoking is a greater cause of death and disability than any single disease, says the World Health Organization.
According to their figures, it is responsible for approximately five million deaths worldwide every year.
Tobacco smoking is a known or probable cause of approximately 25 diseases, and even the WHO says that its impact on world health is not fully assessed.
Heart Attack and Stroke
UK studies show that smokers in their 40s and 50s are five times more likely to have a heart attack than non-smokers.
Tobacco contributes to the hardening of the arteries, which can then become blocked and starve the heart of blood flow, causing the attack.
Often, smokers who develop this will require complex and risky heart bypass surgery.
If you smoke for a lifetime, there is a 50% chance that your eventual death will be smoking-related-half of all these deaths will be in middle age.
Smoking also increases the risk of having a stroke.
197. According to this report, what does the World Health Organization say?CorrectIncorrect
198. How many diseases is tobacco smoking responsible for?CorrectIncorrect
199. According to the article, how does tobacco smoking contribute to a heart attack?CorrectIncorrect
200. Which country’s studies showed that middle-aged smokers have more heart attacks than nonsmokers?CorrectIncorrect