Full TOEIC Test 08
0 of 200 questions completed
200 Questions; Time Limit:120 mins
Hope you get good marks!!
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 200 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
- Listening 0%
- Reading 0%
PART 1 – PICTURE DESCRIPTION
QUESTIONS 1 – 10
PART 2 – QUESTIONS & RESPONSES
QUESTIONS 11 – 25
11. Mark your answerCorrectIncorrect
12. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
13. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
14. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
15. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
16. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
17. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
18. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
19. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
20. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
21. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
22. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
23. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
24. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
25. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
(File audio sau dùng cho các câu 26-40)
26. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
27. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
28. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
29. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
30. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
31. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
32. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
33. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
34. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
35. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
36. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
37. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
38. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
39. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
40. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
PART 3 – SHORT CONVERSATIONS
QUESTIONS 41 – 55
(File audio sau dùng cho các câu 41-55)
41. What are the speakers discussing?CorrectIncorrect
42. Why is the woman going to south London?CorrectIncorrect
43. How will the woman travel?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 44 – 46
44. What are the speakers talking about?CorrectIncorrect
45. According to the woman, what is the most pleasant season in Silver City?CorrectIncorrect
46. When did the man move to Silver City?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 47 – 49
47. Who is the woman?CorrectIncorrect
48. What does the man ask about yearly fees?CorrectIncorrect
49. What is a benefit of the Golden Plan account?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 50 – 52
50. Why is the man meeting with the woman?CorrectIncorrect
51. What does the woman say about the man?CorrectIncorrect
52. Who does the company want to hire?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 53 – 55
53. What are the speakers talking about?CorrectIncorrect
54. What was the woman most likely doing at 8:00 this morning?CorrectIncorrect
55. Why does the man like “Eye on the Nation”?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 56 – 70
(Audio sau dùng cho câu 56-70)
56. What problem are the speakers discussing?CorrectIncorrect
57. When were the products shipped?CorrectIncorrect
58. What information does the woman provide?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 59 – 61
59. Why did the woman contact the man?CorrectIncorrect
60. Who is supposed to send a fax message?CorrectIncorrect
61. What will probably happen next?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 62 – 64
62. Who most likely are the speakers?CorrectIncorrect
63. Why are the speakers searching for a hotel?CorrectIncorrect
64. Where will the speakers go next?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 65 – 67
65. Why must they reschedule the meeting?CorrectIncorrect
66. When will the meeting be held?CorrectIncorrect
67. Who will give the presentation?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 68 – 70
68. What seems to be the problem?CorrectIncorrect
69. How long does the woman think the warranty period should be?CorrectIncorrect
70. What does the man intend to do?CorrectIncorrect
PART 4 – SHORT TALKS
QUESTIONS 71 – 85
(File Audio sau dùng cho câu 71-85)
71. Where does this announcement probably take place?CorrectIncorrect
72. What will happen after five hours?CorrectIncorrect
73. What does the speaker ask listeners to do?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 74 – 76
74. Who is the speaker addressing?CorrectIncorrect
75. What can be found on the website?CorrectIncorrect
76. What will the speaker do next?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 77 – 79
77. Who most likely is the speaker?CorrectIncorrect
78. What is being discussed?CorrectIncorrect
79. What will the listeners hear next?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 80 – 82
80. What is the purpose of this message?CorrectIncorrect
81. How often is the law firm open after 6:00P.M.?CorrectIncorrect
82. Which number takes callers to Mr. Drake’s voicemail?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 83 – 85
83. Why is this talk being given?CorrectIncorrect
84. Where is Ms. Rothman?CorrectIncorrect
85. Why did Ms. Rothman decide to leave her current position?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 86 – 100
(File audio sau dùng cho câu 86-100)
86. For what is the fair being held?CorrectIncorrect
87. What guarantee does Mr. Lawrie make?CorrectIncorrect
88. What does Mr. Lawrie urge listeners to do?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 89 – 91
89. What is being advertised?CorrectIncorrect
90. According to the advertisement, which activity is available?CorrectIncorrect
91. What does the advertisement say about Snowy Mountain Resort?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 92 – 94
92. What problem is being announced?CorrectIncorrect
93. When was the truck model released?CorrectIncorrect
94. What are listeners expected to do?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 95 – 97:
95. What is the speaker introducing?CorrectIncorrect
96. Who is the intended audience for this advertisement?CorrectIncorrect
97. What should a user do before speaking into the product?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 98 – 100:
98. Who will be a guest speaker at the event?CorrectIncorrect
99. What is this announcement mainly about?CorrectIncorrect
100. What does the speaker say about the event?CorrectIncorrect
PART 5 – INCOMPLETE SENTENCES
QUESTIONS 101 – 140:
101. New employees who have chosen to work at our overseas offices will be assigned to either London ——- GenevaCorrectIncorrect
102. Please remember to include your —- at the end of the contract agreement, which you should submit no later than August 20thCorrectIncorrect
103. Every 4 weeks, the manager —— a member of the accounting department to assess the company’s spending for the month.CorrectIncorrect
104. Mr. Yanti has —– that the second floor copier be used until the maintenance crew fixes the copy machine on the first floor.CorrectIncorrect
105. Travel Trends is one of America’s most popular international travel magazines, with —– in more than 60 different countries worldwide.CorrectIncorrect
106. Clients who contract Jettison Associates are guaranteed to receive ——- advertising advice when developing a campaign for a new product.CorrectIncorrect
107. In a press conference last Thursday, Plymouth Mutual Funds announced it would be opening a new branch —— located next to the Royal Insurance Building.CorrectIncorrect
108. Because of her experience, Ms. Urso is likely to be chosen for the Chief Financial Officer position, although ____ it is still quite great.CorrectIncorrect
109. Over 2 hundred people waited outside the toy store for as long as 12 hours to —– the lastest version of the company’s toy.CorrectIncorrect
110. In an effort to improve its public image, Newline Media has started to distribute books and magazines made —— out of recycled paper.CorrectIncorrect
111. ____ the international shipping service had been introduced by the distribution department, ther number of orders began increasing by nearly 200 every week.CorrectIncorrect
112. Mrs. Turnover decided to work on the business plan by —— before asking her business associates for their opinions about the financial goals of the new company.CorrectIncorrect
113. In his seminar on personal finances, Mr.Garney recommended that people start increasing their wealth by ——- in low-risk business enterprises.CorrectIncorrect
114. Thomas Thoreau was picked to lead the committee ——- the difficult process of choosing the right candidate to fill the Executive Editor position.CorrectIncorrect
115. The director —— misspelled the name of one of the company’s most important clients in the company newsletter, which was published last month.CorrectIncorrect
116. Mr. Hutchinson would like all of the members of the advertising department ____ late on Friday to finish the ad campaign for the new product.CorrectIncorrect
117. Making eye contact with the people you are addressing during an important meeting is a highly recommended——-.CorrectIncorrect
118. Johnson Motors promises not to make any drastic repairs —– the consent of the automobile’s owner.CorrectIncorrect
119. Please inform Mr. Rogan that the final outline for next month’s issue of International Real Estate is due by noon today—– that the editors can look it over before the weekend.CorrectIncorrect
120. Should you encounter a problem with your computer, please contact our technical support team which is available 24 hours a day —– the year.CorrectIncorrect
121. All staff members should read over the —— for better research and and development standards and submit their comments before the end of the week.CorrectIncorrect
122. The express shipping service you requested is currently —— for the products that you ordered, but we would be happy to ship the items through regulay mail.CorrectIncorrect
123. Poter shoes announced to the public that it —– all of its current production facilities.CorrectIncorrect
124. They plan to change internet service providers because Bing Communications has been ——– late in sending repairmen to fix connection problems.CorrectIncorrect
125. According to the company’s most recent market survey on consumer spending habits, more people prefer to buy —– books online than from a bookstore.CorrectIncorrect
126. Flexicom Inc. will probably have to fix the broken conveyor belt immediately if it hopes to —– the majority of the orders before the end of the month.CorrectIncorrect
127. All clerks in the department store are required to request ——- to complete the customer satisfaction survey after they have purchased merchandise.CorrectIncorrect
128. As soon as your request is processed and the transaction is ——-, the ATM will print a receipt, which you should keep in case the bank has made an error.CorrectIncorrect
129. All Speedy Hamburger franchises are required to replace cooking oil ——- with unused oil from specifed containersCorrectIncorrect
130. Houses in the exclusive Watershed Community usually stay on the —— for no more than 1 or 2 months before they are sold.CorrectIncorrect
131. Since the executives at Huntington Inc. expect their employees to work long hours, they provide —– offices that are equipped with the most comfortable office furniture.CorrectIncorrect
132. —– to prevent indentity theft, all bank customers are required to enter a special security code before they access their account online.CorrectIncorrect
133. HRF Medical Supplies is proud to have been chosen for the contract and it looks forward to a —- beneficial business relationship with Gilcrest Hospital.CorrectIncorrect
134. Anyone who is not completely satisfied with their purchase has 30 days to request a refund of —–.CorrectIncorrect
135. The editor revised the article because a coulpe of sentences in it were to ____CorrectIncorrect
136. Mr.Lewis arrived late to his daughter’s birthday party —– he had left work an hour earlier than usual.CorrectIncorrect
137. Mr. Trolley’s explanation of the company’s projected plans to downsize appears to have been —- by reporters for the Associated Press.CorrectIncorrect
138. Florence Inc.’s strength lies in its reputation for reliable distribution services and —- the company always highlights the efficiency of its shipping department.CorrectIncorrect
139. Plans have been discussed —- the renovation of the Charleston Public Library, located across from the municipal building downtown.CorrectIncorrect
140. Employees of FRT Business Consultants conduct a thorough investigation of their clients’s annual earnings and expenditures before choosing an ____ financial strategy.CorrectIncorrect
PART 6 – INCOMPLETE TEXTS
Questions 141-143 refer to the following letter.
Fun for Less Toys
23 Brighton Rd.
Memphis , TN
Dear Mrs. Montgomery,
I am responding to the ad for the Creative Director position which was posted on your company website last week . I have taken the liberty of including a copy of my resume. As the attached resume ____, I have extensive work experience in the toy industry.
To give you a better idea of my character and personality, I have also included a list ——— three of my most recent employers . Do not hesitate to get in touch with any of
the employers I provided on the list. ——— will undoubtedly agree that I am a diligent and hardworking individual, who works well with others, and excels in a fast-paced , high-pressure work environment. I am excited by the opportunities your company presents and look forward to meeting with you. If you have any further questions , please feel free to contact me.
Regards, Melanie Jenson
Questions 144-146 refer to the following letter.
Welcome to the Fine Diner’s of America Premium Diner Club (FDA). The FDA appreciates your continued support and the ____ of your FDA membership.
Enclosed with this letter is your new Premium Diner Club card, as well as a brochure highlighting all of the services you can enjoy as a card holder. We recommend you review the name and address on your card to ensure that it is correct before using it. If you notice an error with the personal information we provided, please fill out the form attached to the bottom of the brochure, and submit it at your convenience. The necessary alterations can —— be made at the Members Only section of our company website
To access this section, just enter the last 3 digits of your card number, and enter the security code you chose when you applied for the card. Again, we would like to thank you for your loyal patronage and hope you ____ to enjoy San Francisco’s only dining club for many years to come
Questions 147-149 refer to the following article.
An excellent approach to building your own business is to first start with something you are passionate about. This is ____ Fryeburg Decorators began just ten years ago.
Jennifer Fryeburg, the genius behind Fryeburg Decorators, became determined to own her own home decorating business when she realized how much she enjoyed helping her friends decorate their new homes. Initially, she worked from her house with just a computer, telephone, and fax machine and ____ two years had enough business to buy her own office building downtown.
“I used to spend hundreds of dollars to decorate my home” says Ms. Fryeburg. “Now my expensive hobby is ____ me money.”
Questions 150-152 refer to the following article .
September 4 Beijing – The Chinese Modern Art Society announced yesterday that it plans to host the annual World Art Exhibition at the Beijing Art Museum on November 24-26. The decision on the venue for the event ____ by Song Lu Xun, founder of CMAS.
To promote global awareness , the exhibition will feature paintings, sculptures , and photographs by budding artists from over seventy-five different countries . Each piece will include an explanation of the style, accompanied ____ a description of the artist’s personal history.
The CMAS has even invited Alberto Chevere, the well-known artist and social activist from Uruguay, to speak at the opening ceremony and provide a short presentation on the history of Modern Art. To attend the event, just go to the CMAS website at http://www.modernart.com and reserve your tickets online . Purchasing tickets before the end of September is ____, due to the fact that most of the tickets for last year’s event were sold out more than a month before the event was held.
PART 7: READING COMPREHENSION
Questions 153-155 refer to the email.
From: Sarah Martin
To: Marketing Staff
Cc: Publishing Department
Subject: Double-sided printing
We recently discovered that photocopying papers on both sides causes the machine to jam, so we kindly ask all staff members not to photocopy items on both sides. To continue our environmentally friendly office regulations, blue recycling bins have been placed next to all copying machines.
Please remember to place all used paper into these bins to avoid clutter around the photocopying machine. Although these are new guidelines, please try your best to follow them to the best of your ability. Most importantly , do not leave confidential papers lying around the photocopying station: place them in the yellow bin next to the door .
Your cooperation is appreciated .
153. What problem is discussed in the email?CorrectIncorrect
154. What does Sarah request that employees do?CorrectIncorrect
155. Why does Sarah express her gratitude towards the employees?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 156-157 refer to the following information.
Fleetwood Hair Care
Your response could be worth $250
The Fleetwood Hair Care company strives to provide only the highest quality products for your hair. To ensure our success, we want to know what you most want and need when it comes to shampoos , conditioners and styling products. Please fill out the simple survey attached to this message, and mail it to the address provided. For your convenience ,we ‘ve included a self-addressed stamped envelope so no postage is necessary.
As soon as your response has been received, your name will be entered into our sweepstakes database: five lucky winners will receive a set of our latest hair care products. The grand prize winner will receive a gift card worth $250.
All surveys must be received by May 25 . Thanks again for your time.
Customer Relations Director
156. What is the point of this message?CorrectIncorrect
157. What will be given to customers?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 158-159 refer to the following advertisement.
Picket Travel is looking for experienced travel agents and will be hosting an employment exhibition on Friday, April 15, from 10 A.M. to 6 P.M. The event will be held at the Picket Travel Executive Office in Seattle. To be eligible for the specified positions, you must:
– Be available to work some weekends and all national holidays
– Be 25 years or older and have at least a university degree
– Be willing to work overseas
– Be an excellent verbal communicator
– Be efficient and able to multi-task
– Be a team player who enjoys working with others
Picket Travel offers all new employees two weeks of paid vacation per year, medical and dental coverage , and year-end bonuses. Plus, the company will pay for employees to attend educational events and business conferences .
If you ‘re interested in pursuing a career with Picket Travel , submit your resume and a job application (available at the exhibition) to the Human Resources booth, which will be located at the entrance of the exhibition. Successful applicants will be contacted by phone for an interview .
If chosen for a position, you will be asked to attend a training event at our offices in London, England. Upon finishing the three week training course , you will be relocated to either Sydney or Auckland.
158. What is NOT mentioned as a requirement for the position?CorrectIncorrect
159. Where will the training program for new employees be held?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 160-162 refer to the following advertisement.
Synergy Online Banking
Access your Synergy Bank account from anywhere in the world!
Synergy Bank is proud to introduce its latest service : Internet Banking. Access your account 24 hours a day, seven days a week , wherever you have an internet connection! Here are just a few of the options available to you with Synergy Online Banking:
– Log into your account and view current balances in your savings or checking account
– View an easy-to-read, printable version of all your account transactions
– Quickly transfer money from one account to another
– Make payments online for all your bills
– Update your name and address by completing the form online
Save even MORE time by signing up for our exclusive Synergy Home Banking service ($5.95/month) . With this service , you’ll be able to easily:
– Ask to receive Synergy Bank’s email newsletter, which outlines new products and services, and offers the latest financial advice
– Have unlimited access to our Financial Resources section, which has all the information you need to choose the right financial plan for you and your loved ones , and an online calculator to plan monthly budgets and calculate upcoming bills.
To make banking easy, set up your Synergy Bank online services today!
If you currently hold a Synergy Bank account, then just visit our website at http://www.synergybank.com and click on the ‘Online Banking Set-Up’
160. What is NOT mentioned as an advantage of Synergy Online Banking?CorrectIncorrect
161. How can customers notify the bank about changes to personal information?CorrectIncorrect
162. What does this advertisement emphasize about the services?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 163-164 refer to the following memo.
Hendrich Production Company
Date: June 30
To : Frank Polka
From: Paul Masterson
Re: Budget Proposal Information (Confidential)
It was great that you could attend last Thursday ‘s meeting. I was pleased that we were able to reach an agreement on how to cut back our expenditures on film equipment. Since this plan will result in at least a $3,000 reduction in spending, I am confident that our Financial Director, Tim Robinson, is going to approve our budget proposal at next Monday’s meeting. Please remember to meet me in my office twenty minutes before the meeting to go over our final proposal speech.
163. What solution does the memo mention?CorrectIncorrect
164. What is Tim Robinson likely to do at next Monday’s meeting?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 165-168 refer to the following letter.
222 Robins St.
Trent , NJ 04958
Mrs. Cynthia Burns
45 Fort St.
Trent , NJ 04958
Customer ID Number: 09584567
Dear Mrs. Burns,
Enclosed with this letter are the tickets for your flight to Barcelona on September 14. Due to new security regulations, we recommend that you arrive at the airport no less than two hours before your flight. Please remember to take your travel itinerary, and the travel insurance card, which we have also included with this letter. As you requested , we charged your credit card for the total amount for the flight and tour arrangements. You will notice that you were charged an additional $150 for the special ‘Vegetarian Only’ option you requested for your meals at the hotel. If you have any further questions, or would like to make changes to your current itinerary , please do not hesitate to contact me.
165. Who probably wrote this letter?CorrectIncorrect
166. According to the letter, what will take place on September 14?CorrectIncorrect
167. What is NOT enclosed with the letter?CorrectIncorrect
168. Why was Mrs. Burns charged an additional fee?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 169-173 refer to the following letter.
Mr. Robert Orsonian
Director of Research and Development
Buenos Aires , Argentina
Dear Mr. Orsonian
Thank you very much for sending me the information about the Software Development conference, which will be held from December 14 to 17 in Buenos Aires. Unfortunately , I have another commitment to present a project proposal to some important clients on the 15th of December in New York and will not be able to attend the conference . Because I feel that this event will be extremely informative , I have chosen to send four researchers from the R&D department in my place.
I will be registering them for the second day’s lecture series , as most of the lectures on the first day cover topics that do not pertain to our current business. In short , my colleagues will be attending the conference from December 15 to 17.
After I have received a confirmation of the exact lectures my colleagues will be attending, I will give you a call to discuss the possibility of working with your Technology Department on our latest security software project (Project SC-15). If possible , I feel it would be appropriate to schedule a meeting between our R & D team and your technology developers.
I wish you the best of luck on your introductory speech , and look forward to receiving the conference catalogue outlining everything that will happen over the four days.
Software Development Division
Tokyo , Japan
169. What does the letter imply about Mr. Orsonian?CorrectIncorrect
170. The word “commitment” in paragraph 1 line 3 is closest in meaning to:CorrectIncorrect
171. What does Mr. Redner suggest in his letter?CorrectIncorrect
172. When will Mr. Orsonian probably deliver his speech?CorrectIncorrect
173. How will Mr. Redner receive details of the conference?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 174-177 refer to the following article.
Dubai, Jan. 14- JAK Technology announced yesterday that Wilson Ferris has been chosen to replace Fredrick Turner as the Senior Director of Finances. His new job responsibilities will include managing the finance department, developing budget plans, analyzing expenditures, and projecting future earnings. With more than fifteen years of experience in the finance industry, Mr. Ferris has a proven record of managing corporate finances and leading large teams of talented people. According to the president of JAK Technology, Bob Goldberg, Mr.Ferris will undoubtedly add value to the company by strengthening its role as the world ‘s top distributor of accounting software for large corporations.
Before coming to JAK Technology, Ferris was the Assistant Director of Finances at Languatec Inc., a company renowned for its popular foreign language education software. While with Languatec Inc., he was responsible for developing a progressive financial plan that saved the company millions of dollars – boosting its market value by 25 percent. Following a successful five years at Languatec, Ferris left to start his own business, Smart Consultants Inc., where he offered savvy financial advice to numerous high profile corporations, such as Blooming Investments.
174. What is Wilson Ferris best known for?CorrectIncorrect
175. What kind of service does JAK Technology provide?CorrectIncorrect
176. What is mentioned about Ferris’ work at Languatec?CorrectIncorrect
177. Which company was established by Mr. Ferris?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 178-180 refer to the following information .
Peace Valley Resort
Thank you for choosing Peace Valley Resort, the only hotel in the Bay Area that caters exclusively to international business executives . Our reception desk is staffed with individuals who speak French, Spanish, German, Japanese and Mandarin. Every room comes with a wireless Internet connection , and we offer a reduced rate for international phone calls. There is also a conference room, and a computer lab with computers , fax machines and copying machines .
To make the most of all our facilities and services , we recommend that you read this pamphlet thoroughly . For more information on local restaurants , entertainment venues and museums , consult the ‘Guide to Bay Area Life,’ which is located in the drawer of your night stand . We sincerely hope that you enjoy your stay ; if you need any help, or would like to make a reservation for meals or tours, please contact Reception at extension 002.
Table of Contents
Page 1 -Welcome Message from the Manager of Peace Valley Resort
Page 2- Map of Resort’s Facilities
Page 4 – List of Hotel Regulations
Page 6 – Outline of Peace Valley Resort Services
Page 10 – Menu for the Peace Valley Resort Gourmet Cafe
178. What service is NOT discussed in the information?CorrectIncorrect
179. Where can people find out more about restaurants in the area?CorrectIncorrect
180. What information is provided on pages 2-3 of the pamphlet?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 181-185 refer to the following email and press release.
From: Margaret Hopey
To: All journalists
Subject: Press release details
I wanted to inform everyone of the final details for the press release our company, Salisbury Media, will be launching next week . Many of you probably already know that Salisbury Media decided to make some changes to its current management structure , and has spent the last six months searching for someone to fill the Executive Director of Marketing position. Well, after many hours of reading resumes and interviewing candidates, the Human Resources Department has finally made its decision. The candidate’s name and details of his professional history will be released on January 2, 2007. Anyone who has questions or comments about the decision should contact the Director of Human Resources at 1-678-954-6789 . Thanks for your attention.
Director of Public Relations
Philadelphia, Jan. 2-Salisbury Media announced today that Gregory Heights has been chosen for the Executive Director of Marketing position. His predecessor, Nicholas Knowles , resigned from the position after deciding to start his own consultant agency, the Radcliff Corp. Heights is a seasoned veteran of the publishing industry, and has a history of implementing successful marketing strategies. Prior to receiving thi s prestigious position , Mr. Heights was the Associate Director of Marketing at Plymouth Inc., the second largest distributor of mobile phones in the country .
While at Plymouth Inc., Mr. Heights took on the task of creating the marketing campaign for the company ‘s popular GST-5 cell phone, which made the company over 20 million dollars in just under twelve months. Heights also worked for Geyser Industries, where he was the assistant to the Marketing Director. According to James Watts, the man in charge of the department that was responsible for hiring Mr. Heights, “Based on his track record of success, and easy-going attitude Gregory Heights is the perfect candidate for this position.” Mr. Watts also added that Mr. Heights is the only candidate interviewed that had significant international experience. For more information on Salisbury Media’s newest team member, visit its website.
181. Why did Margaret Hopey write the email?CorrectIncorrect
182. Who should reporters contact with questions and comments?CorrectIncorrect
183. Where was Mr. Heights last employed?CorrectIncorrect
184. In the press release, the words “took on” in paragraph 2, line 1 are closest in meaning to:CorrectIncorrect
185. According to the press release, what is available on the company’s website?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 186-190 refer to the following advertisement and article.
Are you trying to lose weight without spending extra hours at the gym? Do you want to achieve a perfectly sculpted body without exposing it to unnecessary physical stress? Then TurboGym has the product for you! Our latest exercise machine, the Fitchair 2000, is affordable, easy to use and-most importantly guaranteed to give you a leaner, younger looking body in less than thirty days. Believe it or not, Fitchair 2000 enables you to burn nearly twice as many calories per hour as conventional activities, such as running, swimming and cycling! How is this possible? Thanks to cutting-edge technology, the Fitchair 2000 combines both aerobic and anaerobic exercises to maximize cardiovascular and muscular endurance. This machine is especially good for anyone who suffers from chronic knee, back, or foot pain when he or she stands for long periods of time to work out, as the entire process is done sitting down. Because it does not put as much stress on joints and ligaments, the Fitchair 2000 is much safer and milder than other exercise programs.
The Science of Exercise Revealed
After nearly two years of intensive research, the Institute of Human Exercise and Physiology has released the details of its survey on how the human body responds to various kinds of exercise. To ensure that the survey fairly assessed the effects of exercise, the Institute asked three hundred men and three hundred women to participate in the study. Based on the evidence collected, the following is clear:
– Men burn more calories per hour than women during any given exercise due to their size.
– Women are better equipped for low-impact exercises that require flexibility.
– High-impact exercises, such as running and tennis , present greater risk of joint and ligament damage.
– Low-impact exercises, such as walking and swimming, offer the same cardiovascular benefits as high-impact exercises.
In particular, the study determined that equipment, such as rowing machines and stationary bicycles, often burn the same number of calories as conventional high-impact exercises, such as running on a treadmill or weight lifting. The Institute warns, however, that there is always a health risk, and everyone should consult a doctor before starting a new exercise program.
186. Which traditional form of exercise is NOT mentioned in the advertisement?CorrectIncorrect
187. According to the advertisement, who might benefit from buying the Fitchair 2000?CorrectIncorrect
188. What is the focus of the article?CorrectIncorrect
189. According to the article , why are men able to burn more calories than women?CorrectIncorrect
190. How is the FitChair 2000 different from the exercises mentioned in the article?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 191-195 refer to the following email and advertisement.
From: Matthew Remington
To: Tri-State Realty
Subject: House Search
To whom it may concern :
I am currently living in the Pittsburg area, but will be relocating to California, and would like some more information on the apartments your agency is currently leasing in the Berkley area. Although my primary concern is which neighborhood the building is in, my other requirements are that it is one room, with large windows , and a good view .
I would really like to start the process of searching for an apartment as soon as possible because I have accepted a teaching position at Berkley University , and will be starting work in less than two months. Also , since I don’t own a car , I would prefer to live within walking distance of the University campus. I certainly appreciate your assistance with this matter. Please feel free to contact me any time at 345-243-5675.
Tri-State Realty- Find a home without a hassle
Here are just a few of the properties we offer:
This lovely complex is located in the center of the city, just a few blocks away from all the hottest shopping malls and restaurants . All apartments have two rooms and come fully furnished . Utilities and Internet access are included in the monthly rent.
Located right beside the Berkley University campus, this beautiful complex is perfect for students looking to escape school life. Choose from one , two or three room apartments. The complex also includes a swimming pool, fitness center and tennis courts.
For anyone in search of superior living facilities , look no further than Royal Suites. These fine apartments have two bedrooms, a living room, a dining room, two bathrooms , a sun porch and an entertainment room. Special service features include valet parking , a gourmet restaurant , fitness center and spa.
Families are welcome at Goldfinch Forest, a new housing complex providing economical but comfortable housing away from the noise of the city. All apartments come with a washing machine and dryer , oven and refrigerator. Plus, there is an onsite daycare facility and playground .
For more information about our properties, or to schedule an appointment to meet with one of our real estate agents just call 1-888-956-4357. You can also email us at [email protected] .com, or visit our company website.
191. What is Mr. Remington ‘s first concern?CorrectIncorrect
192. Why is Mr. Remington planning to relocate?CorrectIncorrect
193. Which apartment building would most likely interest Mr. Remington?CorrectIncorrect
194. What does the advertisement suggest about the Goldfinch Forest?CorrectIncorrect
195. Which is NOT mentioned as a way to contact Tri-State Reality?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 196-200 refer to the following two emails.
From: Roy Macintosh, Jennings Hotel
To: Barbara Elk
Subject: Satisfaction Rating
Dear Mrs. Elk,
Thank you for your recent patronage at the Jennings Hotel. I am writing this email to you to kindly ask your opinion on how you enjoyed your stay at the Jennings Hotel so that we can ensure that we continue to offer only the best services and facilities.
We pride ourselves on offering exceptional service, outstanding facilities and affordable prices. Our unique atmosphere and friendly service sets us apart from other hotels, and brings a new standard of excellence to the hotel industry. With over 250 rooms, three restaurants, a golf course and live entertainment on Friday and Saturday nights, the Jennings Hotel is the perfect place to relax. In addition to the services already mentioned, we are also the only hotel in the area to offer a comprehensive fitness center, which is located on the second floor. Guests can choose from over 150 different types of exercise equipment, including tread mills, stationary bikes, stair-steppers and weight machines.
Your response is greatly appreciated, and I assure you that any information you provide, including your name, address and occupation , will remain anonymous.
Director of Customer Relations
From: Barbara Elk
To: Roy Macintosh
Subject: Re: Satisfaction Rating
Dear Mr. Macintosh,
I received your email regarding my recent stay at the Jennings Hotel. It is nice to see that a hotel cares so much about its guests! To be honest, in general, my stay at the hotel was exceptional. The staff was very friendly, my room was luxurious and the food at the restaurants was excellent. What I enjoyed most about your hotel, however , was the facility on the second floor. I was a guest lecturer at the Wellstone Health Conference, and was required to work long hours preparing and delivering seminars. I was surprised to discover that I had 24-hour access to the facility, which was very convenient. I was disappointed , though, that the hotel didn’t have a business center. It would have been nice, especially since I often had to send documents to people at the last minute. Aside from this, I was very pleased with my experience at the Jennings Hotel, and would certainly come again.
Sincerely, Barbara Elk
196. What is the purpose of the email from Roy Macintosh?CorrectIncorrect
197. What is NOT a service offered at the hotel?CorrectIncorrect
198. What does Mr. Macintosh tell Mrs. Elk?CorrectIncorrect
199. What does Mrs. Elk mention she liked most about the hotel?CorrectIncorrect
200. What is probably true about Mrs. Elk?CorrectIncorrect