Full TOEIC Test 09
0 of 200 questions completed
200 Questions; Time Limit:120 mins
Hope you get good marks!!
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 200 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
- Listening 0%
- Reading 0%
PART 1 – PICTURE DESCRIPTION
QUESTIONS 1 – 10
PART 2 – QUESTIONS & RESPONSES
QUESTIONS 11 – 25
11. Mark your answerCorrectIncorrect
12. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
13. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
14. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
15. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
16. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
17. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
18. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
19. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
20. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
21. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
22. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
23. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
24. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
25. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
(File audio sau dùng cho các câu 26-40)
26. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
27. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
28. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
29. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
30. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
31. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
32. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
33. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
34. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
35. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
36. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
37. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
38. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
39. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
40. Mark your answer.CorrectIncorrect
PART 3 – SHORT CONVERSATIONS
QUESTIONS 41 – 55
(File audio sau dùng cho các câu 41-55)
41. Where is the woman going today?CorrectIncorrect
42. What time is the flight?CorrectIncorrect
43. Where will they meet?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 44 – 46
44. When is the date of the conference?CorrectIncorrect
45. What is the problem?CorrectIncorrect
46. Who most likely is going to make the presentation in New York?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 47 – 49
47. Why is the man relieved?CorrectIncorrect
48. Where did Henry work before?CorrectIncorrect
49. What will happen next Monday?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 50 – 52
50. Where is the conversation most likely taking place?CorrectIncorrect
51. What does the man complain about?CorrectIncorrect
52. What can be inferred about the woman?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 53 – 55
53. What are they talking about?CorrectIncorrect
54. Accord ing to the man, what did his friend recently do?CorrectIncorrect
55. When did the man graduate from college?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 56 – 70
(Audio sau dùng cho câu 56-70)
56. Where most likely is the conversation taking place?CorrectIncorrect
57. Why did Mr. Brown call?CorrectIncorrect
58. According to Dave, where will the truck driver first go?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 59 – 61
59. What is the man doing?CorrectIncorrect
60. What happened to the man’s old computer?CorrectIncorrect
61. What does the woman say about the laptops?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 62 – 64
62. What led to the decision made by the boss?CorrectIncorrect
63. Who got the position?CorrectIncorrect
64. According to the woman , why did Ms. Simpson drop out of the race?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 65 – 67
65. How will they get to the city?CorrectIncorrect
66. When will they meet Mr. Johnson?CorrectIncorrect
67. Why didn’t Mr. Johnson go on the trip?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 68 – 70
68. What are they discussing?CorrectIncorrect
69. According to the man, who does he think is a good person to lead the project?CorrectIncorrect
70. What can be inferred about Joe?CorrectIncorrect
PART 4 – SHORT TALKS
QUESTIONS 71 – 85
(File Audio sau dùng cho câu 71-85)
71. According to the speaker, what is the current road condition of Highway 7?CorrectIncorrect
72. What does the speaker advise the motorists to do?CorrectIncorrect
73. When will the next update be aired?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 74 – 76
74. Who is the intended audience of this announcement?CorrectIncorrect
75. Where will the meeting take place.CorrectIncorrect
76. What does the speaker say will be available at the meeting?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 77 – 79
77. What will they most likely do at the Orchid Cafe?CorrectIncorrect
78. What does the speaker imply about the day?CorrectIncorrect
79. What will they do next?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 80 – 82
80. Who most likely is the speaker?CorrectIncorrect
81. Why did the speaker invite the listeners?CorrectIncorrect
82. Why does the speaker NOT want the listeners to reveal themselves?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 83 – 85
83. What is the purpose of the talk?CorrectIncorrect
84. What took place yesterday?CorrectIncorrect
85. How will they change the course of action?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 86 – 100
(File audio sau dùng cho câu 86-100)
86. Who most likely is giving the talk?CorrectIncorrect
87. What is mentioned about the day’s special?CorrectIncorrect
88. How is the chicken dish prepared?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 89 – 91
89. What is the listener being asked to do?CorrectIncorrect
90. What should Mr. Anderson do if he has any queries?CorrectIncorrect
91. Where is the conversation taking place?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 92 – 94
92. Why is Mr. Reid being delayed?CorrectIncorrect
93. When is Mr. Reid expected to arrive in New York?CorrectIncorrect
94. What does the caller request from Mr. Stokes?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 95 – 97:
95. When is Tracy expected to arrive?CorrectIncorrect
96. What does the speaker advise those living along the shoreline to do?CorrectIncorrect
97. When will the next update air?CorrectIncorrect
QUESTIONS 98 – 100:
98. According to the report, how many hours are some kids in India work ing in a day?CorrectIncorrect
99. How are some poor families making a living?CorrectIncorrect
100. What does the study reveal?CorrectIncorrect
PART 5 – INCOMPLETE SENTENCES
QUESTIONS 101 – 140:
101. On weekends the Italian restaurant is often busy _____ hours of the day and night.CorrectIncorrect
102. Forelli Media Inc. is an internationally_____ marketing firm noted for its success throughout Europe, East Asia, and the Americas.CorrectIncorrect
103. More than 100 state-owned companies still remain_____ for privatization, according to the Privatization Agency.CorrectIncorrect
104. The Wallace Goldberg Committee of Environmental Awareness unanimously_____ the technical team of Walpole Enterprises for their annual award.CorrectIncorrect
105. Patients may hang their coats in the closet____ the vending machine in the waiting room.CorrectIncorrect
106. It may take_____ 4 days for international orders to arrive at their destination, depending on the location.CorrectIncorrect
107. Salary_____ are verified after an evaluation performed every six months after starting employment.CorrectIncorrect
108. Bancroft Weekly will____ the winning entry of the September Shakespeare Festival.CorrectIncorrect
109. New owners of Century Regal’s condominiums are advised to become more_____ with the amenities and services available to residents.CorrectIncorrect
110. Cairne Fitness Centers has decided to open a large facility in Manhattan____ its financial situation is unstable because of shifting property values.CorrectIncorrect
111. Most banks are ____ to loan money to small businesses and that is the big reason for the recession in this country.CorrectIncorrect
112. Bullet Hole Press specializes in the publication of horror , mystery, and psychological thrillers , so no other genres will be_____CorrectIncorrect
113. Customers should know that ordering one of the new JP-3000 laptops online____ December 1st will guarantee that it will arrive prior to the start of the Christmas shopping season.CorrectIncorrect
114. Purchasing tickets for Rocky Multiplexes has become easier than_____ thanks to changes made to the theater ‘s website.CorrectIncorrect
115. Several seats in the auditorium may be easily and____ removed for the accommodation of wheelchairs.CorrectIncorrect
116. The total income of many smaller clothing retail franchises reaches_____ $20 million annually.CorrectIncorrect
117. The_____ of foods at Ricotta Supermarkets makes it a popular choice among consumers who enjoy preparing international cuisine.CorrectIncorrect
118. As part of our latest marketing strategy, this coupon ——- customers to save more money on purchases made within a certain time period.CorrectIncorrect
119. Changes in automotive technology are making hybrid cars increasingly ____ to more consumers.CorrectIncorrect
120. Your e-mail, —— in transit, is potentially visible to anyone outside your enterprise who might have access to your server.CorrectIncorrect
121. Since the supply is ——- , all customers are encouraged to make orders as soon as possible.CorrectIncorrect
122. ——- the end of next week , all employees must complete an evaluation form.CorrectIncorrect
123. The Chamber of Commerce will —— concerns about declining investment in the township’s newly-constructed industries.CorrectIncorrect
124. A few vehicles were ——- damaged by the recent hailstorm and will have to be replaced immediately.CorrectIncorrect
125. Karen Solden will replace Harold Walker,____ is being promoted to a higher position in the company.CorrectIncorrect
126. The ——- for the research team are asked to wait in room 203 for their interviews.CorrectIncorrect
127. Contractors will be renovating the office building ——- the stockroom will be on the first floor.CorrectIncorrect
128. Registering and shelving new books and other media is now a ——- process since we are down to seven librarians.CorrectIncorrect
129. The new, energy-efficient air conditioners have not been ——- yet , so employees are permitted to bring in oscillating fans from home in the meantime.CorrectIncorrect
130. Marco Polo Airlines can upgrade a ticket only ——- it is more than 48 hours prior to departure time.CorrectIncorrect
131. Seaton Landscaping makes sure that customers receive ——- service for a good price and within a reasonable amount of time.CorrectIncorrect
132. A new survey by the Allentown Gazette revealed a strong ——- for small , local coffee shops instead of large franchises.CorrectIncorrect
133. Whenever you look to make a deal —— anybody , always establish the decision making hierarchy ahead of time.CorrectIncorrect
134. Information on clients of Van Houten Exchange Bank remains confidential——- written permission is provided by the individual.CorrectIncorrect
135. Nearly 1,000 ——- tires were diverted from landfill disposal and recycled into rubber to resurface the school track.CorrectIncorrect
136. The advertising ——- of smaller businesses often leave them without enough exposure in local media.CorrectIncorrect
137. After making ——- final decision , please inform the secretary , Mrs. Chester.CorrectIncorrect
138. ——- those applicants who have graduated after four years at an accredited university will be considered for the position.CorrectIncorrect
139. The business weekly magazine suggested that ——- shipping problems in the upcoming holiday season , businesses should encourage customers to shop early.CorrectIncorrect
140. Because of operating ——- , Fayette Industries seeks to operate its manufacturing plants in only certain parts of the country.CorrectIncorrect
PART 6 – INCOMPLETE TEXTS
Questions 141-143 refer to the following advertisement.
Thinking about investing for your future? If so, don’t delay! The earlier you consider your investment options, the more likely it is that you will be prepared for retirement. Consider your family’s future needs and invest now. When it comes to ____, there are multiple options.
The best of these options is a mutual fund . Mutual funds are broad and can include a number of options such as stocks and bonds. They are a good choice, being easy to buy and sell. The following will explain how to choose the right type of mutual fund for your needs.
One step that you will need to take is naming your personal investment goals. Depending on your own priorities, the mutual fund that you select will _____ . It is most common for
investors to purchase mutual funds for retirement funds or to help pay for their children ‘s education.
The next important step is to determine the level of risk that you are comfortable with. More risky mutual funds could leave you feeling____, so think about this issue carefully.
Last, do some research . Check financial websites and up-to-date magazines to get current information on the types of mutual funds available. If you follow these steps, you should be able to find the mutual fund that fits your needs.
Questions 144-146 refer to the following notice.
Los Angeles: The O’Henry Gallery of art_____ oil paintings by Lasandra Page until the end of October.
Page is well known for her portrayals of Italian coastal scenes . Her work has been displayed in the Metropolitan Museum of Art, the Musee D’ Orsay, and the Uffizi. Ticket prices for this traveling exhibit are $22 for adults and $12 for children including regular admission. Another —– displaying Oaxacan pottery is at the museum until Nov. 1.
Museum hours are 10 a.m.-6 p.m. daily.
The Silver Star Screen shows classic films of the 50s and 60s every weekend . Bring a friend and reminisce about the “good old days”! Enjoy favorites such as Casa Amarilla and Cold Snow . Admission is $8 for adults, and______ rates are offered for children 12 and under.
Questions 147-149 refer to the following letter.
Ms. Jane Campbell
Dear Ms. Campbell,
We have previously introduced you to Superior Product Development’s training and products, ——- would like to know if you might be interested in a membership with SPD.
The purpose of SPD is to help members enhance their ——- .
All of our workshops and training booklets are available for the sole purpose of improving your job performance . Previous workshop topics have included “Polishing your Product Ideas” and “Technological Innovations.” Our booklets, available in packs of 20 for easy distribution , are also available in a new format. Please consider filling out the enclosed application if you would like to ——- our association . SPD has a reputation of giving people
a hand up the career ladder, and we hope that you will find our resources useful. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Mr. Paul LaCrosse, Trainer
Question 150-152 refer to the following e-mail:
To: Gregory Mahler <[email protected]>
From: Anita Drexler <[email protected]>
Date: March 2
Subject: Publication rights
Dear Mr. Mahler,
My article ”The Longest Life” ——- in your magazine LifeNow in May 2006. Again, I would like to thank you for printing my work .
It is an honor to have had my work published in a magazine of this caliber. I am continuing to have my article reviewed for publishing by a variety of journals and magazines.
A researcher at Pine Forest University has been ——- his interest in reprinting my article in a scholarly journal.
According to publication regulations, I am legally allowed to reprint my work and retain authority over its use. Therefore , it is my understanding that my article can be published in the journal ——- your permission .
I would be grateful if you could confirm that I do retain my publication rights as stated above before I continue with the reprinting of the article.
Directions: In this part, you will read a selection of texts , such as magazine and newspaper articles, letters, and advertisements. Each text is followed by several questions . Select the best answer for each question a d mark the letter (A), (B). (C). or (D) on your answer sheet.
Questions 153-154 refer to the following information .
Freedom Travel Free Bag Offer
We are offering a new great incentive for those customers who sign up for a two-year subscription to Freedom Travel magazine : we are giving away a new IT travel bag. This bag has been designed specifically for the kind of people who read our magazine. Made of durable nylon , it can carry a whole range of items. This bag is ideal for weekend trips and even daily activities. The bag has zippers on the outside pockets and a shoulder strap that can adjust to fit anyone.
153. What is the reason Freedom Travel is offering this bag?CorrectIncorrect
154. What is NOT true about the bag?CorrectIncorrect
Question 155-156 refer to the followig notice
MEMO FOR GENERAL EMPLOYEES OF GRADE-A TECHNOLOGY LTD.
Beginning July 1, our company will now provide a new shuttle bus from Bucheon to our Gangnam office because of the recent and numerous staff requests. This will not affect the current shuttle buses that are running between the office and the train and bus stations. However, the staff members who use this service will have to pay a small charge to help cover the expenses . The exact amount is still to be determined, and will be posted on June 1st. We still urge our staff to work together and carpool, but if they use our service they will need to make reservations first. We have posted a temporary schedule on the company website including location departure times.
155. Why was this note posted?CorrectIncorrect
156. What was NOT stated in this post?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 157-159 refer to the following notice.
The entire staff must comply with and follow the regulations below while inside this laboratory .
– While in the lab, staff must use and wear protective clothing (lab coats, gloves, masks and goggles) all the time, and should take them off only when they are leaving the lab.
-When you are leaving the lab, it is important to remove all protective gear and put it in the bins marked “Protective Clothing.”
-All containers (beakers, test tubes, vials) should be clearly labeled while in use and before storage in cabinets, fridges or the cold room.
-To prevent spillage, all vessels should be transported using carts with the proper racks or baskets. It is important to secure the lids before moving to prevent any leakage.
– If you should spill something, the procedure for proper cleaning is posted on your bench. If the spill is too much for you to handle or you are unsure about how to clean it, call Mr. Lewis at extension 368.
These rules are designed for your safety. If any worker fails to comply, a warning will be issued and excessive warnings will lead to termination.
157. Why did the company post the notice?CorrectIncorrect
158. Where should employees store their safety goggles?CorrectIncorrect
159. Why should staff members call Mr. Lewis?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 160-163 refer to the following notice.
The American Healthcare Association [AHA] and the Research Institute of Yale University announced today the Fifth Annual International Healthcare Conference from Wednesday, March 1 to Saturday, March 4. This meeting will be a great chance for medical researchers to get together an discuss the relevant issues in their fields.
Yale University in New Haven, Connecticut will host this event. The conference will start with a full day of small workshops given by AHA representatives. Three days of presentations and panel discussions will follow the workshops. There will be representatives from all over the States including those from the Mayo Clinic and the Atlanta Medical Research Facility. Representatives from the Brookburger Health and Science Association will be leading the talks. David Schwhizter, the Dean of Medicine at the University of Carolina, will give the keynote speech on the opening day of the conference.
If you would like to attend this year’s conference or receive more information, please call Phil Handson at 456-555-2345.
160. Who would most likely attend this conference?CorrectIncorrect
161. Where will the conference be held?CorrectIncorrect
162. What is scheduled for the first day of the conference?CorrectIncorrect
163. On what day will David Schwhizter give his talk?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 164-166 refer to the following article.
Art in the Park Sale, a Financial Success
Nature and art came together in Walnut Square Park where the Prodice Alliance just threw its tenth annual Art in the Park sale last Sunday. This sale included works such as paintings, photos and crafts all designed or created by the artists of the Prodice Alliance . Despite the torrential downpour earlier in the week, the weather on Sunday was sunny and warm , and greeted the hundreds of patrons and art lovers. Not only were the people enjoying the art, but they were enjoying the ice cream and other baked goods and treats sold by vendors .
Among the favorite items at the sale were earrings, bracelets and necklaces made by Prodice artists.
Just five years ago the Prodice Alliance was facing some difficult financial problems, but thanks to the directorship of Christina Harrison, its fiscal situation has turned around. The Art in the Park sale at Walnut Square Park was Harrison’s idea to raise money. The Alliance also throws an Artist Gala, which will be held next week at the Grande Belle Hotel.
164. What is the topic of this article?CorrectIncorrect
165. What kind of products were NOT sold at the sale?CorrectIncorrect
166. What effect has Christina Harrison had on the Prodice Alliance?CorrectIncorrect
Employee Newsletter – Spotlight
This newsletter highlights Dowee and Cheetem’s annual merit awards. These awards are given to the two most outstanding employees who have demonstrated their creativity and work ethic. This year the winners are Eric Forman, a design technician, and Donna Pinciotti, a sales representative.
Eric Forman has worked with us for 12 years, and brought with him a decade of experience in the design field. During his time with us he has played a significant role in the design team and as an employee of this company. His additions to the creation and implementation of new products and the further development of current products wer e exceptional.
Ms. Pinciotti also provided some inspirational work for the past decade . It hasn’t taken Donna long to make a lasting impression on her peers. Although she does not have a lot of previous experience in sales she has succeeded in creating new and innovativ e methods of obtaining new customers and keeping current ones happy. She has excelled and broken almost every record that the company had in sales. She has also won almost every incentive award offered.
Next year, if you have someone in your division who you feel is worthy of this award, please notify your manager, and they will be considered for this award.
Again, we would like to congratulate Mr. Forman and Ms. Pinciotti on their success and excellent service to our company.
167. What is the main reason for the article?CorrectIncorrect
168. What does the article say about Mr. Forman?CorrectIncorrect
169. What is true about Ms. Pinciotti?CorrectIncorrect
170. What can be inferred from the article?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 171-173 refer to the following letter.
Madhan Travel Agency
344 Gerrard St.
Little Rock, AR 77655
9986 Horn Row Drive
Maui, HI 22454
Dear Ms. Weinberger:
Your request for the following information pamphlets has been received:
– Where are the Hot Spots in Beijing?
– Vegas for Beginners
– Maps of Venice
Your order confirmation number is 99876. As always, all maps and city guides are specially priced for our travel customers. You should receive your publications in three to five business days. We have processed your order, and as advertised, we provide a discount for our loyal travel customers. We have sent out your order and the confirmation number is 0001000. You can use this number to check the shipping status on-line at http://www.mercurytrips.com.
We hope you keep in mind that nor only do we give discounts on literature, but we also have rebates on airplane tickets, hotel rooms and car rentals. So when you plan your next trip, contact one of our helpful agents at 098-998-8876.
We are also proud to announce the start of our Hotel Finder Program, available online, to help you quickly find and reserve the accommodations of your choice.
In addition, we are very excited to announce the re-opening of our user-friendly website. It will help you to find ticket prices and availability quickly. Check it daily for specials and last-minute deals. We appreciate your rime and hope you enjoy your reading material. Thank you for the opportunity to serve you.
171. Why is the travel agency sending this letter?CorrectIncorrect
172. What city is the travel agency in?CorrectIncorrect
173. What is NOT offered in the letter?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 174-178 refer to the following article.
Since before the industrial revolution, man has dreamed of machines doing mundane chores for him. These days, this work costs at lot of money and manpower, so there are many companies that would like to tap into this market and create robots for use in the home.
Robot designer, Dr. Derrick Lasard of XB2 Technology, tells us that we have the ability to produce robots that can do chores in the home, but because they are so much more sophisticated than the typical house ware, they present more problems. A toaster, for example, can only do one thing, and if it breaks there are only a few things that can go wrong. But with a more complex robot, there are a much greater number of ways that it can break, and this makes them unreliable and costly to repair.
The unpredictable nature of robots was shown recently during last week’s conference of the Robotic Engineering Association of America, which invites companies to display their new and up-and-coming technology. At this conference there were many innovatively designed robots with new and novel abilities, but it is still obvious that these complexity issues are still present. For example, a new robot named the Visitron Q3, built by Solmo Tech, was fitted with a visual diagnostic system. This robot was drawing some of the conference patrons. Some of the pictures were very nice, but alternatively others resembled a black and white ball of yarn.
These problems have not discouraged companies from continuing to design and construct robots for use in the home. During the conference one of the robots nicknamed “Betty” made by HK4 Design Technology was seen doing the dishes. One conference attendee Henry Aaron said ‘Wow! She didn’t break even one dish! Impressive!”
174. According to the article, what is the problem with robots in the home?CorrectIncorrect
175. Why is the toaster mentioned in the article?CorrectIncorrect
176. In the article, what was new at this year’s conference compared to last year’s?CorrectIncorrect
177. What is Visitron 03 programmed to do?CorrectIncorrect
178. Who created Visitron 03?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 179-180 refer to the following press release.
Fertilizer Company Goes from Dirty to Green
Down and Dirty Manure company has recently built a new processing plant with a rather unconventional design. This plant was built with environmentally-friendly values, using green construction methods. Manager Bill Paxton says this plant was built to handle an excess of cow manure from the cattle ranching state of Texas. This plant combines both recycled, reused and non-toxic construction materials and methods. Parts used include the slates in the floor and the office doors, which were reclaimed from a local barn. Plus, the walls were insulated with rammed earth, and on the roof are solar panels designed for heating the 3,000-square meter building.
“Some people chuckled when we told the press that we would build our new plant using green technology,”‘ Paxton stated. “but it cost 15% less to build the factory compared to traditional methods and materials. and to add to that the thick insulated earth wall and solar panels have already saved us a ton on our energy bills.”
179. What is the purpose of the press release?CorrectIncorrect
180. What did Mr. Paxton say about the green processing facility?CorrectIncorrect
337 Wimbleton Rd.
Andover, Chelsea SP 98 2L
Dear Mr. Evans:
We are excited to tell you that we are offering you the job as the Director of International Marketing. We would like you to start on Monday, October 23.
As per our last meeting, your supervisor will be the Vice President of Operations, Samantha Jones. We would also like you to attend the executive meetings as a member of the Executive Management Group. We have enclosed a contract that states your offered annual salary, your conditions of employment, and a brief description of your job.
We are eagerly awaiting your arrival and look forward to working together.
Senior Vice President
Ms. Jamie Larue
190 Curtis Lane
Melbourne, NSW 9987
Dear Ms. Larue:
I gladly accept the position and the terms of employment for the Director of International Marketing. I had a great first meeting with Samantha Jones and look forward to working and learning together under her influence.
I have carefully looked over the contract and the job description, and fully accept the conditions offered. But, I am a little concerned about the start date. As you know, I am currently living in England, and I have slightly underestimated the amount of time I need to organize the move and get my affairs in order. So, is it possible for me to start on the 30th of October? Please let me know if this is feasible. I hope that this is not a giant inconvenience for you. Also, I have arranged an apartment in Melbourne, but I need someone to pick up the keys this week. Could you find someone to do this for me?
181. What information is NOT included in the contract?CorrectIncorrect
182. In the first letter, the word “enclosed” in paragraph 2, line 3 is closest in meaning toCorrectIncorrect
183. What was the purpose of Dale Evans’ reply letter?CorrectIncorrect
184. What is Samantha Jones’ job at Inventions International?CorrectIncorrect
185. Why is Mr. Evans unable to start work on October 23rd?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 186-190 refer to the following advertisement and e-mail.
Wacky and Wild Poster Printing
Our mission is to produce the best posters with the highest quality at the lowest cost, all to suit your needs. We cater to large organizations and have produced posters for such events as rock concerts, school festivals, restaurants, giant department stores and so much more. We want to make your poster.
If you are interested in preordering your poster, visit our website at http://www.WWPP.com and take a look at our wide range of samples and prices. Maybe you will find an idea or two in our printed section. Listed below are our general prices for color posters.
Matte Poster Paper
Satin or Glossy Paper
We do allow single printings, but if you buy in bulk we provide major discounts. See our website for details.
Not sure what you want?
No problem! We have a team of highly-trained and experienced staff waiting with great ideas for you. Just bring or e-mail the details of your event and we will put together a few demo designs for you to choose from.
This month we are having a sale on our outdoor vinyl posters where if you buy five, you get one free. These posters are ideal for those late summer concerts and festivals. So, if the late summer rain hits, your poster will still be there the next day.
Come in to any one of our five convenient locations today!! If you have any questions, call Jim Davidson at 880-7765.
To: Jim Davidson <[email protected] >
From: Ichiro Kazanaki <krazyK @hamilronu .com>
Date: July 6
Subject: New Design Needed
Attach : logo.jpg , Jimmy.jpg , Rockdog.jpg , Drums .jpg
Dear Design Team :
We are hosting a rock concert at our school for frosh week in September and we have no idea what kind of posters we will need . I go to Hamilton University and I am in charge of promotions for the Frosh Week Committee. Our campus is quite large and the venue is also very spacious .
We would like you to make a few types of posters for us . We would like about 200 copies of one type of poster (A4) for the inside of the concert venue . On this poster we would like the date (September 7), time (9:00p.m.) and location (Timber Concert Hall), and also a picture of the opening act , the band Jimmy, and the main act, called Rockdog. I have attached pictures of both. If you need more pictures there is a website available for both groups , for Jimmy, and http://www.rockadoo.com for Rockdog .
We would also like six very large (AO) outdoor vinyl posters made with the same information, but we would like to have the school crest on it too which is attached as logo.jpg .
We are eagerly awaiting your designs, and look forward to seeing the final product . I live in the dorms so please send them to school. Thanks in advance.
186. What service is being offered?CorrectIncorrect
187. What is discounted in the flier?CorrectIncorrect
188. Who is lchiro Kazanaki?CorrectIncorrect
189. Why is lchiro Kazanaki contacting Jim Davidson?CorrectIncorrect
190. How much will lchiro Kazanaki have to pay for the outdoor vinyl posters that he ordered?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 191-195 refer to the following two e-mails.
We would like to thank you for choosing us to book your tour of South Korea. The temporary schedule is listed below and includes the hotel reservation.
Day Departure Time Arrival Time
Sunday Hong Kong 2:oop.m. Seoul 6:50 p.m.
Tuesday Seoul 12:00 noon Hong Kong 4:45p .m.
We regret to inform you that because you only signed up 7 passengers, we cannot provide you a group discount rate. Our policy is that a group requires a minimum of 10 people in order to qualify for the 15% discount on airfare. Your payment options are credit card, money order or direct online transfer .
Thank you for the speedy reply. We are really looking forward to our tour. We would like to leave on January 15th. We would also like to get a more detailed itinerary for our time in Seoul.
As for the tour, we have two more people who signed up for the trip, and despite our best efforts we can’t seem to find one more person. But we feel that with nine people we should qualify for the discount, or a discount of some kind. I realize you have a company policy, but we thought you could bend it just this time . We hope to have a long relationship with you in the future .
191. What is NOT the purpose of the first e-mail?
at information is optional?CorrectIncorrect
192. According to the first e-mail, which of the following is NOT a possible method of payment?CorrectIncorrect
193. When do Ms. Parker and her group want to leave for Seoul?CorrectIncorrect
194. According to the e-mails, what is NOT true?CorrectIncorrect
195. What would Ms. Parker like Mr. Klum to do?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 196-200 refer to the following advertisement and e-mail.
Hotel Employment Opportunities: Skywalker Corporation
We are searching for motivated, energetic people to begin managing our newly opened facilities. The Skywalker Corporation has become a world leader in the hotel and hospitality field by its rapid growth and expansion. We are currently working hard on the creation of hotels in Toronto, Lima, and Budapest. The prospective managers will be in charge of the hiring and firing of new employees, the procurement of the furniture and any extra equipment, while taking care of the daily operations. It is important that these new employees create a comfortable and pleasant environment for the workers and the guests.
Potential employees must have at least seven years of managing experience in the hospitality industry. We prefer that our applicants have a business or hotel management degree, but it is not a neces sity if the applicant has significant time working with finances. The ability to speak English and one more language is a significant advantage as most of our hotels are located in non-English speaking countries. This means that you might be relocated to a facility in which your language would be best utilized. Skywalker Corporation will cover any relocation costs, which is one of the many great benefits we offer along with our more than competitive salaries and health coverage.
Please send your resume and a cover letter to Robert Madden at [email protected].
Dear Mr. Madden:
I just saw your ad and I am interested in the position of Hotel Manager which was advertised in the June issue of Hotel and Times. I have attached a resume, which includes my references, and a cover letter. I am currently the manager of the Waikiki Boutique Hotel where I have been working for the last nine years. In addition, I have gained a large amount of experience working in the international hotel scene. I have worked as a desk clerk in Paris and as an interim hotel manager in Seoul. I would be very happy to discuss my experience with you face to face. I can travel to your office or we can have a conference call. I look forward to your reply.
Sincerely, Anthony Honda
196. What kind of jobs is being offered?CorrectIncorrect
197. Based on the job advertisement , what will Skywalker Corporation do soon?CorrectIncorrect
198. What does the new manager NOT have to do?CorrectIncorrect
199. According to Anthony Honda’s e-mail, what makes him qualified for the job?CorrectIncorrect
200. What was the minimum amount of experience needed for this position?CorrectIncorrect